PDA

View Full Version : NYPD Probes Beheading of Statue of Liberty Replica Seen in YouTube Video

disorderlyvision
07-10-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531062,00.html

Police in New York City are scrambling to locate the producers of a YouTube video that depicts a stolen replica of the Statue of Liberty blindfolded, beheaded and smashed into pieces — a display that one terror expert says is intended to "instill fear" in everyday Americans.

The 59-second video shows the 8-foot, 200-pound replica statue, which was stolen from a Brooklyn coffee shop last month, being decapitated and pulverized — accompanied by the words "We don't want your freedom" and "Death to America."

NYPD Det. Joseph Cavitolo told FOXNews.com that investigators are searching for whoever stole the statue. That individual or individuals could face charges of criminal possession of stolen property and grand larceny or petit larceny. Computer experts are also trying to determine who posted the video, Cavitolo said.

Professor Jeffrey Addicott, director of the Center for Terrorism and Law at St. Mary's University in Texas, said the clip is an obvious attempt to "instill fear."

Sean
07-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow I am afraid. When did Americans become such cowards that something like this could ever instill any sort of fear into them.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm petrified...

*yawn*

YouTube - Liberty Vox Pop Death (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDZWMByAU0)

Dr.3D
07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
The video looks more like something a kid would make.

Reason
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
The video looks more like something a kid would make.

exactly what I was thinking.

Kraig
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Please NYPD! Save me from youtube!

Johnnybags
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
like for the Michael Jackson funeral, its in the union contract. 2,500 cops will be needed at hazardous duty, double overtime pay to track down these obvious threats to national security. Be afraid, very afraid.

angelatc
07-10-2009, 12:35 PM
If those kids stole my statue I'd be happy the police were using it to look for the thieves.

Freedom 4 all
07-10-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm more concerned about the welfare of human beings than statues. Wouldn't it kind of be like idolotry otherwise?