PDA

View Full Version : New National Journal Rankings- Sept. 24

winston_blade
09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16711064/

RP is rated 7 out of 9. Are these guys nuts putting Huckabee and Brownback above RP? Maybe Huckabee, but Brownback? I'm not saying that you email them (it's prolly best that you don't), I just wanted to let you know how they had him ranked. Let's get him into the top 5 with these fundraising numbers.

Zydeco
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
The gap between the world the MSM paints and reality people can see with their own eyes is widening. The lies the MSM has to tell to cover previous lies gets larger. Fascinating to watch, like what reading Pravda circa 1988 must've been like.

Qiu
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
hmm something has to be amiss here:

4. Mike Huckabee..........Former Arkansas governor Last Ranking: 4
5. John McCain........Arizona senator Last Ranking: 4

They couldn't have both been number 4

LOL, reeks of ridiculous bias here:

Conservative straw poll wins might be the edge of a Huckabee renaissance

....We wonder what the Paulines will do after the election? Send us virus-laden spam email?

Tom29
09-24-2007, 08:26 PM
I like the Mike Gravel comentary :cool: :

8. Mike Gravel
Former Alaska senator Last Ranking: 8
He is barely more than a punchline at this point, although at least he is not as rude as Ron Paul.

MSNBC unbelievable...

Qiu
09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
8. Mike Gravel
Former Alaska senator Last Ranking: 8
He is barely more than a punchline at this point, although at least he is not as rude as Ron Paul.
Rude? how so? It's the other candidates who laugh and interrupt Ron's points during the debates.

Perry
09-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Love how the only comment for Ron is an insult. *Sigh...

risiusj
Rude? how so? It's the other candidates who laugh and interrupt Ron's points during the debates.

Ron Paul raised his voice when asked ridiculous questions and was being laughed at by his peers. Wait... who was being rude?

Phil M
I love what they say here about Huckabee:

"Still, his third-quarter fundraising numbers need to show that he has enough cash to start advertising in Iowa and try to become the surprise third-place candidate. Without that ability, maybe we should stop trying to put him in our top five."

I hope they're in for a surprise when they see who beats his totals for the third quarter in a row.

10thAmendmentMan
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I hope they're in for a surprise when they see who beats his totals for the third quarter in a row.

And once the primaries roll around. I think we "Paulites" will surprise more than a few people.

winston_blade
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM

"Still, his third-quarter fundraising numbers need to show that he has enough cash to start advertising in Iowa and try to become the surprise third-place candidate. Without that ability, maybe we should stop trying to put him in our top five."

I don't see Huckabee raising more than a million.

Tom29
09-24-2007, 08:34 PM

:D :D :D

Phil M
09-24-2007, 08:35 PM

Some googling showed that there were hopes last quarter for him to raise 2 mil, but if I remember correctly he ended up with $800,000. With his new mainstream coverage, he'll probably get significantly more than that, my guess is in the 1.5-2 million range.

winston_blade
09-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Some googling showed that there were hopes last quarter for him to raise 2 mil, but if I remember correctly he ended up with $800,000. With his new mainstream coverage, he'll probably get significantly more than that, my guess is in the 1.5-2 million range.

That sucks for us:eek:

Qiu
09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I hate to give the mike huckabee website more traffic but... Ron Paul has more meetup GROUPS than Mike Huckabee has donators. Compare their maps.

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=416

I think he got fewer donations in a week than Ron got in a day

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
The piece read like it was written by Marie Antoinette's ladies-in-waiting.

NEXT!

literatim
09-24-2007, 08:46 PM

From what Huckabee said on the radio a week or so ago, they are running out of funds.

winston_blade
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
From what Huckabee said on the radio a week or so ago, they are running out of funds.

If he drops out, the values voters are going to have to support Ron Paul because he got second in their straw poll.

AcidReign
09-24-2007, 09:00 PM
If he drops out, the values voters are going to have to support Ron Paul because he got second in their straw poll.

Yes, God told them he likes Ron Paul second best.

winston_blade
09-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, God told them he likes Ron Paul second best.

Yes, but he only likes Ron Paul a distant second best.

AcidReign
09-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Huckabee recieved a bonus for being a pastor.

Vvick727
09-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Doesn't matter, it's what God wants.

ross11988
09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Um how is Brownback ahead of Ron Paul?

Phil M
09-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Um how is Brownback ahead of Ron Paul?

Because while he lags in fundraising, Brownback has very enthusiastic supporters and grassroots, like this lady here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=APZMV9leyMA

quickmike
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM

I do, especially after the real fundie x-tians start getting behind him as it seems like they are.

of course he couldnt afford the plane ticket to michigan so who knows.

Bradley in DC
09-24-2007, 09:28 PM
hmm something has to be amiss here:

They couldn't have both been number 4

LOL, reeks of ridiculous bias here:

Yes, they sometimes list candidates as tied.

bbachtung
09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
That website is -- and will remain -- irrelevant.

hells_unicorn
09-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I do, especially after the real fundie x-tians start getting behind him as it seems like they are.

of course he couldnt afford the plane ticket to michigan so who knows.

A religious fool and his money are soon parted. :rolleyes:

Eli
09-24-2007, 09:31 PM
who used to be number 7?

amonasro
09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
who used to be number 7?

I thought it was Ron Paul. The blurb read "Stop emailing us" if I remember correctly.

Same lame bias writing here. How can he have Fred Thompson as number 2 after what he says about him? Unbelievable.