PDA

View Full Version : Court rules pharmacies cannot refuse to sell morning after pill

disorderlyvision
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
[.

Sandman33
07-09-2009, 08:36 PM
If YOU own the drug store YOU should be able to decide what you want to sell and what you do NOT want to sell.

GTFO of private business already you govt goons!

Steeleye
07-09-2009, 08:38 PM
How about I just be perpetually out of stock of the Plan B pill?

james1906
07-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Are Catholic hospitals now going to be required to perform abortions?

SovereignMN
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Are Catholic hospitals now going to be required to perform abortions?

You are assuming there will still be private hospitals in the coming years.

james1906
07-09-2009, 08:42 PM
You are assuming there will still be private hospitals in the coming years.

Silly me. Abortions will be mandatory at Lenin Memorial under Obamacare.

tangent4ronpaul
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
> Plan B contains a high dose of a drug found in many regular birth-control pills

The whole argument is a joke, and the above line is why. You don't hear any of these pharmacies refusing to sell BCP's, but the religious argument is that life begins at conception. So they don't want to sell anything that effects the embryo after conception. Also, Plan B sells for $25 a pop - last I checked and is OTC, while BCP's are much less but Rx.

Check out this chart to see why it's a total joke:

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/dose.html#dose

-t

jmdrake
07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
> Plan B contains a high dose of a drug found in many regular birth-control pills

The whole argument is a joke, and the above line is why. You don't hear any of these pharmacies refusing to sell BCP's, but the religious argument is that life begins at conception. So they don't want to sell anything that effects the embryo after conception. Also, Plan B sells for $25 a pop - last I checked and is OTC, while BCP's are much less but Rx.

Check out this chart to see why it's a total joke:

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/dose.html#dose

-t

Congress shall pass no law with respect to establishment of religion or denying the free exercise thereof. I don't consider that a "joke". What's next? Judges saying that book store owners have to carry material they find objectionable too?

tangent4ronpaul
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
It's a joke because things they will sell to prevent pregnancy contain the same drugs used to end a pregnancy in the first 3 days post conception. Click through. You obviously did not.

-t

angelatc
07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
It's not a joke to them.

Wineman77
07-09-2009, 11:44 PM
It's a joke because things they will sell to prevent pregnancy contain the same drugs used to end a pregnancy in the first 3 days post conception. Click through. You obviously did not.

-t

It doesn't matter the reason they do not want to sell the drug, the issue is their right to not sell it. The reasoning could be all fucked up, but does one have the right to run their business as they see fit, regardless? I should hope so.

What if you owned a bookstore, but wanted to take a stand and not sell the bible? I would hope you would have that right. Even if the logic was flawed. Even if you carried dozen of other books about religion and spirituality but you just did not sell the bible, it is your right.

dannno
07-10-2009, 12:25 AM
That's it, I'm opening a bible store. The walls will be filled with books, but they're all going to be bibles.

I wonder if Obama will force me to sell condoms in my bible store :confused:

tangent4ronpaul
07-10-2009, 01:14 AM
It doesn't matter the reason they do not want to sell the drug, the issue is their right to not sell it. The reasoning could be all fucked up, but does one have the right to run their business as they see fit, regardless? I should hope so.

What if you owned a bookstore, but wanted to take a stand and not sell the bible? I would hope you would have that right. Even if the logic was flawed. Even if you carried dozen of other books about religion and spirituality but you just did not sell the bible, it is your right.

OK - I agree- you should be able to sell whatever you want - or not. Just saying it's stupid because these places sell the EXACT SAME DRUGS in a lower dosage form that can be taken in overdose for the exact same results.

-t

Reason
07-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Plan B is not effective if you're already pregnant.

Plan B won't terminate an existing pregnancy.

tangent4ronpaul
07-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Plan B is not effective if you're already pregnant.

Plan B won't terminate an existing pregnancy.

Sand, Bucket, CivilRadiiant's head

-t