PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff: "I WILL RUN FOR SENATE... BUT ONLY IF:"

MRoCkEd
07-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Skip to 6:14 in the Video

YouTube - The Minimum wage argument & SchiffForSenate.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_IMuxMXd3E)

Transcript

I want to touch on what's happening with my political campaign. I have a website, http://www.schiffforsenate.com. Within another day or two, you will be able to donate to my exploratory committee. I've been doing a lot of research. I've been doing some polling. I have a political consultant now. My running for senate in Connecticut is a very real possibility. The one thing I am trying to judge right now is how much support is really out there. There's a lot of talk of support of me online. People have been encouraging me to run. I've spent some money on polling and looking at the feasibility of having a run. But what I want to find out right now is will people actually support this campaign? Will they support it with money? Will they support it by volunteering? I want to gauge that. I want to gauge how real it is. I'm talking about it for the first time here at Freedom Fest. I'm including my potential run for the senate in some of my presentations. I've already begun talking to some of my clients or some personal relationships I have to judge their support. I'm in the testing of the water phase so to speak. So if you want to go to my website, its http://www.schiffforsenate.com. You can sign up right now to receive email information about my potential campaign if I make it official. Soon you can also donate. Unfortunately, if I do run for senate its going to take a lot of money to run. And while I have money and I will spend some of my own money, I'm not going to finance the campaign all by myself. I'm going to need a lot of help. I'm going to need support from people all around the country especially since if I decide to run the mainstream Republican establishment will probably back some of my opponents. It could end up being a very expensive race. Anyway, if you end up contributing to my campaign and I decide not to run, I will return the contributions to the people who made them. But if I decide to run, I will use that money. Part of the decision-making process in my mind is to see if there is real support for my candidacy. If people who really believe in freedom, liberty, sound money and the constitution are prepared to support that with an actual political contribution or to volunteer their services and work on this campaign. I don't have the normal political connections that a lot of my opponents are going to have. And I'm not promising anything specific if I win other than freedom from government. Other than going to government to put a stop to everything they are doing. To try and restore sanity to an insane congress and try to be a roadblock. I'm not there to get re-elected so they can't bribe me or find a way to try and promise me something to quiet me down. They won't be able to control me. They'll never have seen a senator like me because I won't be like any other senator. I'm there to do a job, and I'm there to leave. I'm not going to be a politician. Is there support for that kind of candidate? We'll see. And if there is enough support, if I raise enough in the next few weeks, then I will most likely announce my candidacy for the senate.

www.SchiffForSenate.com (http://www.schiffforsenate.com)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100749279284&ref=mf#/group.php?gid=100749279284

and most importantly:

Make your donation!
https://secure.qgiv.com/cps_donors/index.php?key=secommittee

Kludge
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Schiff is.

Kotin
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
got a fresh ben franklin with Mr. Schiff's name on it.

ctiger2
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
About time. I hope there's enough people to get him going. Schiff and Paul are the keys to changing this govt. for the better.

MRoCkEd
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
got a fresh ben franklin with Mr. Schiff's name on it.
Same here. I'll drop him $100 tomorrow to show my commitment. If he doesn't run, I get it back anyway.

Jeremy
07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I will donate

Austin
07-09-2009, 08:38 PM
This is big news.. I'll give $50 bucks.

brandon
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I too will send him $100

dannno
07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Just watched this, came to post but got beat..

This is great news!

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Folks, this is awesome news! It appears to me as though Peter will run, but the ball is now in our court - We must spread this news EVERYWHERE and make sure we can funnel as much money Peter's way as possible! This is our chance to send a huge message to the GOP establishment candidates already lining up for the CT Senate race.

Spread this far and wide & Make sure that people know that if Peter decides not run, then they WILL get their money back!

Hopefully the donation option will be added tomorrow!

FSP-Rebel
07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm in for a hun, but someone needs to get this posted at Daily Paul. We need to pick a money blast day soon. That seems like the best way to rally libertarians to a specific cause.

mstrmac1
07-09-2009, 08:55 PM
$500 here ...I believe Peter Schiff is the next Ron Paul!!!

Stary Hickory
07-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I can manage 200 for right now, I got 500 for Rand Aug 20th. I will be able to give again to Schiff after that. I guess I will follow Schiff and Rand Paul for the time being.

mstrmac1
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
My money will go to Schiff and Rand... I gave Rand $500 already!

Andrew-Austin
07-09-2009, 09:20 PM
And I'm not promising anything specific if I win other than freedom from government. Other than going to government to put a stop to everything they are doing. To try and restore sanity to an insane congress and try to be a roadblock. I'm not there to get re-elected so they can't bribe me or find a way to try and promise me something to quiet me down. They won't be able to control me. They'll never have seen a senator like me because I won't be like any other senator. I'm there to do a job, and I'm there to leave. I'm not going to be a politician. Is there support for that kind of candidate? We'll see. And if there is enough support, if I raise enough in the next few weeks, then I will most likely announce my candidacy for the senate.

And that is reason enough for me to drop 50$.

amonasro
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I'll sell a few things on ebay for him. I'd support him just as strongly as I did Ron Paul.

Go Peter go.

G-Wohl
07-10-2009, 12:37 AM
$500 here ...I believe Peter Schiff is the next Ron Paul!!!

Except he will be a one-term politician.

skyorbit
07-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Skip to 6:14 in the Video

YouTube - The Minimum wage argument & SchiffForSenate.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_IMuxMXd3E)

Transcript

I want to touch on what's happening with my political campaign. I have a website, http://www.schiffforsenate.com. Within another day or two, you will be able to donate to my exploratory committee. I've been doing a lot of research. I've been doing some polling. I have a political consultant now. My running for senate in Connecticut is a very real possibility. The one thing I am trying to judge right now is how much support is really out there. There's a lot of talk of support of me online. People have been encouraging me to run. I've spent some money on polling and looking at the feasibility of having a run. But what I want to find out right now is will people actually support this campaign? Will they support it with money? Will they support it by volunteering? I want to gauge that. I want to gauge how real it is. I'm talking about it for the first time here at Freedom Fest. I'm including my potential run for the senate in some of my presentations. I've already begun talking to some of my clients or some personal relationships I have to judge their support. I'm in the testing of the water phase so to speak. So if you want to go to my website, its http://www.schiffforsenate.com. You can sign up right now to receive email information about my potential campaign if I make it official. Soon you can also donate. Unfortunately, if I do run for senate its going to take a lot of money to run. And while I have money and I will spend some of my own money, I'm not going to finance the campaign all by myself. I'm going to need a lot of help. I'm going to need support from people all around the country especially since if I decide to run the mainstream Republican establishment will probably back some of my opponents. It could end up being a very expensive race. Anyway, if you end up contributing to my campaign and I decide not to run, I will return the contributions to the people who made them. But if I decide to run, I will use that money. Part of the decision-making process in my mind is to see if there is real support for my candidacy. If people who really believe in freedom, liberty, sound money and the constitution are prepared to support that with an actual political contribution or to volunteer their services and work on this campaign. I don't have the normal political connections that a lot of my opponents are going to have. And I'm not promising anything specific if I win other than freedom from government. Other than going to government to put a stop to everything they are doing. To try and restore sanity to an insane congress and try to be a roadblock. I'm not there to get re-elected so they can't bribe me or find a way to try and promise me something to quiet me down. They won't be able to control me. They'll never have seen a senator like me because I won't be like any other senator. I'm there to do a job, and I'm there to leave. I'm not going to be a politician. Is there support for that kind of candidate? We'll see. And if there is enough support, if I raise enough in the next few weeks, then I will most likely announce my candidacy for the senate.

www.SchiffForSenate.com (http://www.schiffforsenate.com)

So, how much money is enough support?

He probably needs a good $20 Million to run a competitive primary.

Tracy

skyorbit
07-10-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't see a way to actually donate on his website yet.

Tracy

Dreamofunity
07-10-2009, 03:41 AM
And I'm not promising anything specific if I win other than freedom from government. Other than going to government to put a stop to everything they are doing. To try and restore sanity to an insane congress and try to be a roadblock. I'm not there to get re-elected so they can't bribe me or find a way to try and promise me something to quiet me down. They won't be able to control me. They'll never have seen a senator like me because I won't be like any other senator. I'm there to do a job, and I'm there to leave. I'm not going to be a politician. Is there support for that kind of candidate? We'll see. And if there is enough support, if I raise enough in the next few weeks, then I will most likely announce my candidacy for the senate.

Awesome, truly awesome.

Austin
07-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Except he will be a one-term politician.
That may change.. who knows

But I kinda like that about Schiff's attitude toward the whole thing. :)

ItsTime
07-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I will only support him IF he says he will run. Double edge sword here :(

MRoCkEd
07-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Then send him a donation. He said he will refund it if he doesn't run.

Austin
07-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Why? I could understand such a stance if he were going to take the money and run with it at the end of the day, but he's promised to return all donations if he decides not to run..

ItsTime
07-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Ill make a donation, but what can I support if he is not running? Just say "You know that Peter Schiff guy is great"? lol

MRoCkEd
07-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Ill make a donation, but what can I support if he is not running? Just say "You know that Peter Schiff guy is great"? lol
I guess for now you can send him a donation (once he puts it on his site), sign up at www.schiffforsenate.com, and have everyone you know do the same.

Bryan
07-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll be in for some cash, internet campaigning and maybe a video if I can - I can't really be a boot on the ground volunteer here in Texas however. :)

But really- we've got to spread the message.

Are there any dedicated Schiff videos out there? (beyond the vlogs)

G-Wohl
07-10-2009, 01:55 PM

If Peter Schiff does not decide to run for the senate, he will return all donations made to him. I repeat: your money will be given back.

I hope that settles things.

LibertyRevolution
07-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Being a CT resident I would really like to see Schiff in the senate for us, but he will be a really tough sell in this state.

The people who live in our cities are mostly poor and collect aid from the state and the fed.
They see minimum wage as TOO LOW to bother to get a job. They wont work for $8/hr, they make more money sitting home playing Xbox 360 on there 50" plasma they bought at Walmart with there cash assistance.

I am not joking. I know people that have not worked in the last 7 years.. Collecting Section 8 housing subsidy @ $925/mo in free money to pay rent, $400/mo in food stamps, $400/mo in child support ($100/week for single child). Do the math that is $1725/mo.

An 8/hr minimum wage job working 40 hours a week only pays $1280/mo -taxes = $1000/mo
Once your working full time you lose your food stamps, and other cash assistance programs. Your section 8 subsidy gets slashed to almost nothing, and you now have to pay for day care while you work full time which costs on average $300/mo. Lets do the math on this one. $1000-$800rent=$200-$300childcare= -$100. Well I guess you would have to move into a shithole apartment with a $600 rent in a bad neighborhood just to get that far. So with that is $1000-$600=$400-$300=$100/mo you have left, after paying rent and childcare, you have to pay for food, gas, cable, telephone, electricity, car insurance, and anything else you can think of. Would you go get a job? Would you work 40hrs a week to end up lowering standard of living? Would you think these people would vote for smaller government?

One of our receptionists at our office who works for minimum wage was really struggling to pay her bills and feed her 2 children. She called the state for assistance and her social worker told her that she cant help her because she works full time and makes too much money to qualify for any more help. Social worker told her to switch to a part time position, that she would make more money monthly working part time + subsidy than she does working full time. Our boss refused to move her to part time work. So the social worker advised her to quit, file for welfare, rent assistance, and unemployment. This is what Schiff is up against!

Feenix566
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Being a CT resident I would really like to see Schiff in the senate for us, but he will be a really tough sell in this state.

The people who live in our cities are mostly poor and collect aid from the state and the fed.
They see minimum wage as TOO LOW to bother to get a job. They wont work for $8/hr, they make more money sitting home playing Xbox 360 on there 50" plasma they bought at Walmart with there cash assistance.

I am not joking. I know people that have not worked in the last 7 years.. Collecting Section 8 housing subsidy @ $925/mo in free money to pay rent, $400/mo in food stamps, $400/mo in child support ($100/week for single child). Do the math that is $1725/mo.

An 8/hr minimum wage job working 40 hours a week only pays $1280/mo.
Once your working full time you lose your food stamps, and other cash assistance programs. Your section 8 subsidy gets slashed to almost nothing, and you now have to pay for day care while you work full time which costs on average $300/mo. Lets do the math on this one. $1280-$800rent=$480-$300childcare=$180. So with that $180/mo you have left after paying rent and childcare, you have to pay for food, gas, cable, telephone, electricity, car insurance, and anything else you can think of. Would you get a job? Would you vote to make government smaller?

One of our receptionists at our office who works for minimum wage was really struggling to pay her bills and feed her 2 children. She called the state for assistance and her social worker told her that she cant help her because she works full time and makes too much money to qualify for any more help. Social worker told her to switch to a part time position, that she would make more money monthly working part time + subsidy than she does working full time. Our boss refused to move her to part time work. So the social worker advised her to quit, file for welfare, rent assistance, and unemployment. This is what Schiff is up against!

Think about what would happen if the government cut off all that aid. The taxpayers would get to keep their money, and they'd spend it on other things, which would create jobs. Plus the welfare recipients would be out looking for work, which would increase the supply of labor, driving down its price. This decrease in the cost of labor would translate directly into a decrease in the price of the goods and services created through that labor. Society would end up with more wealth at lower prices. The previous welfare recipients would actually end up richer at the end of the day.

Of course, good luck convincing them of that.

Anyway, I gave Kokesh $50 and I'll give Schiff $50. Hopefully he can explain economics to the masses more eloquently than I can.

ctiger2
07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
If Peter Schiff does not decide to run for the senate, he will return all donations made to him. I repeat: your money will be given back.

In other words DONATE NOW! & DONATE OFTEN!

LibertyRevolution
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Of course, good luck convincing them of that.

Yeah that is what I was getting at.
I am 100% behind Schiff if he runs. I am willing to invest cash and time.

On the subject of Kokesh, I think the man is a hero, and I see him as a possible leader in the future of the freedom movement.
He is a real threat to the establishment, his words are like knives cutting them to the bone, I wont be surprised if he dies in an accident if he becomes a serious contender.

No1ButPaul08
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM

Good thing most of these people won't be voting in the Republican Primary. They are most likely Dodd voters but Dodd also has a well documented set of problems.

gls
07-10-2009, 02:52 PM

Yeah, but when you leave the cities and enter the suburbs there are a lot of upper middle class independents who are slowly starting to wake up to the reality of the situation. They are the key to this election; not the welfare recipients who reliably vote Democrat or not at all.

I hope the Schiff people hurry up and put a way to donate on that site. I don't know why they would launch it without that option.

buffalokid777
07-10-2009, 08:59 PM

An 8/hr minimum wage job working 40 hours a week only pays $1280/mo -taxes = $1000/mo
Once your working full time you lose your food stamps, and other cash assistance programs. Your section 8 subsidy gets slashed to almost nothing, and you now have to pay for day care while you work full time which costs on average $300/mo. Lets do the math on this one. $1000-$800rent=$200-$300childcare= -$100. Well I guess you would have to move into a shithole apartment with a $600 rent in a bad neighborhood just to get that far. So with that is $1000-$600=$400-$300=$100/mo you have left, after paying rent and childcare, you have to pay for food, gas, cable, telephone, electricity, car insurance, and anything else you can think of. Would you go get a job? Would you work 40hrs a week to end up lowering standard of living? Would you think these people would vote for smaller government?

I agree,

Peter needs to stop making video blogs of why minimum wage is bad (And I would recommend dumping it down the memory hole by deleting it in all places he put it online before the globalists save a copy) and concentrate message on where he was right in what the talking heads didn't forsee.

Let's face it, minimum wage earners are serfs, and they struggle to make ends meet. While what Peter says is true, it's not the path to getting votes in an election and this video is cannon fodder for an election, bad move to release it even if it is true.

Instead I hope Peter concentrates his message on his prediction of the financial collapse that no talking heads on the tube saw coming, and the federal reserve's part in it, and why the federal reserve needs to be transparent in their transactions. From a strategy standpoint, speaking out against minimum wage is a loser argument with people who make minimum wage (AND THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM), you will lose votes by doing so. Speaking out against the non transparent Fed who caused the collapse is a winner argument. PIN THE BLAME FOR EVERYONE'S FINANCIAL HARDSHIP ON THE FEDERAL RESERVE, THAT IS THE PATH TO VICTORY!

Believe Me,

I WANT Schiff to get elected for senate but he needs some smart people as advisors to go over what he says, before he releases it, if he wants to get elected.

TCE
07-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Well, for the educated people out there, they would know that all Connecticut welfare is from, well, the state of Connecticut. Schiff, or even Dodd can't come out and say "I am your United States Senator and I am taking away all of your welfare. Good night and good luck."

LibertyRevolution
07-11-2009, 07:22 AM
#1) I am not worried about him winning the Rep nomination if he chooses to run, I consider that in the bag if Schiff really wants it. I am only concerning myself with beating the Dems in the election.

#2) Poor people are usually not well educated. When someone says smaller government, they hear "They are going to take away our free monies OMG OH NOES!!".

#3)The Dems TV ads are going to portray schiff as the rich guy who supports businesses over the people.
The guy who wants to throw women and children onto the street by cutting federal spending programs, which section 8 housing assistance is.

johnrocks
07-11-2009, 07:53 AM
$100 forthcoming! Now if just Rand Paul and Ron Paul would announce,lol.

ItsTime
07-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Maybe you should read the thread. Simple fact is most people will not donate until he says he is going to run, most people will not start to ask people to donate to him until he says he is going to run. Because what are you going to ask people to do. "You know Peter Schiff is a great guy and he MIGHT run for Senate someday, you should give him $2,400" :rolleyes:

Both Rand and Peter need to shit or get off the pot.

MRoCkEd
07-11-2009, 10:21 AM
http://i2.ytimg.com/u/IjuLiLHdFxYtFmWlbTGQRQ/profile_header.jpg?v=6b8136 (http://www.schiffforsenate.com)

ClayTrainor
07-11-2009, 10:23 AM
http://i2.ytimg.com/u/IjuLiLHdFxYtFmWlbTGQRQ/profile_header.jpg?v=6b8136 (http://www.schiffforsenate.com)

Nicely Done!

pacelli
07-11-2009, 10:24 AM
So Pete never saw the money raised in the 'draft schiff' thing?

MRoCkEd
07-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Official Campaign Volunteers Group
(Just Posted on Peter Schiffs Facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100749279284

ItsTime
07-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Awesome

vegaspilot03
07-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Signed up!

gls
07-12-2009, 01:15 AM
#1) I am not worried about him winning the Rep nomination if he chooses to run, I consider that in the bag if Schiff really wants it. I am only concerning myself with beating the Dems in the election.

I disagree. Taking on Chris Dodd would be easy compared to winning the Republican primary. Former GOP congressman Rob Simmons has already raised $750,000 for his bid (http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-statebrfs-0709.artjul09,0,6126169.story) He will no doubt position himself as a "moderate" who can take advantage of Dodd's vulnerbility, and try to present Schiff as a radical who would blow this rare opportunity.

Fortunately I think Schiff's affable personality and impressive track record will strike a cord with a lot of CT Republican primary voters. He just needs to get in front of as many of them as possible.

Sean
07-12-2009, 09:07 AM
So what is up with his website? I don't see any donation links.

MRoCkEd
07-14-2009, 10:52 AM
The donation page is up! Remember, all of them will be refunded if he decides not to run.

Make your donation!
https://secure.qgiv.com/cps_donors/index.php?key=secommittee

MRoCkEd
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
/\

Kludge
07-14-2009, 06:43 PM
I will donate

Bump for peer pressure. Jer-Bear said he'd do $100, earlier, and we've already tempted him with $150 in additional donations to Schiff if he follows through.