PDA

View Full Version : The Dollar Won't Crash, We're all fine. Relax

american.swan
09-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't know if my friends just don't want to believe it or there isn't enough evidence for them. Right now I feel like it is just my gut feeling that it's going to crash. I can't explain why.

What is your evidence that the dollar is going to crash soon?
How do you explain this to people?
Why is it crashing?
What does the current housing mess have to do with this?

Thanks.

ItsTime
09-24-2007, 06:48 PM
um its already crashed hasnt it?

john_anderson_ii
09-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm sure you could let them know that the U.S. Dollar and the Canadian Dollar are trading 1:1 now. Its been all over the net, just google it.

Perry
09-24-2007, 07:05 PM
The last time the dollar dipped in value below the Can $ was 1976. This was after the Vietnam war. We are still in the midst of a war. The war will continue to drag the dollar down. The dollar is still in a triple bottom breakdown pattern. Fed is printing money. Nations are dumping the dollar. The question should be "what signs are positive". Everything is pointing down for the dollar. I am very fortunate to live on an island separated from the rest of the U.S. and not dependent upon the system. I fear the worst is yet to come for America. Wake up and smell the truth people.

governmentwaste
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
We print more dollars, and they keep blowing away overseas.

Where do they go?
Oil at 81 and made in China may be a clue.

Where does it all end? Probably in crisis. It always takes a crisis for Americans to change their ways.

propanes
09-24-2007, 07:38 PM
This past weekend I thought the historic decline in the dollar would have received more news coverage.

LibertyEagle
09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
The American people are asleep.

I just talked to a friend tonight who hadn't even heard that the U.S. dollar was not on par with the Canadian dollar. We talked a few minutes about Dr. Paul. He made the comment that he had extremist ideas.

Yes, I tried, but this guy is a major liberal and thinks Hillary is wonderful. About 6 months ago, he thought McCain was the best Republican. arghhhh....

katao
09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
We print more dollars, and they keep blowing away overseas.

Where do they go?
Oil at 81 and made in China may be a clue.

Where does it all end? Probably in crisis. It always takes a crisis for Americans to change their ways.

Unfortunately, they don't change their ways, they just ask for the state to save them from the mess the state created. Out the windows goes the final threads of freedom we have left.

sky21448
09-24-2007, 07:45 PM
lmao the dollars is already dropping like crazy...print print print....you can just look at the gold price and compare it to 6 years ago

RJB
09-24-2007, 07:58 PM
We talked a few minutes about Dr. Paul. He made the comment that he had extremist ideas.

Dr. Paul is definitely the right man at the right time. In a little bit, his desire to rid ourselve of the fed will be the only logical thing to do. All the other candidates will be extremist.
Have your friend watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

ItsTime
09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
we also run out of money on Oct 1st, but lets just borrow more!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/19/national/main3274350.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_3274350

Thank god for OJ and Spears!!!

american.swan
09-25-2007, 05:52 AM
So far from this thread I haven't seen any rock hard evidence the dollar is going to crash and have a 1929 all over again.

Again, what evidence do you use to convince your friends? Again, I believe it's going to crash like the rest of you, but I don't have anything in my hand to prove it.

I think I had an article but lost it

markpa
09-25-2007, 06:29 AM
http://www.urbandigs.com/us-dollar-vs-euro.jpg

I don't know what you call a crash but if your holding US dollars this aint good.

Tim724
09-25-2007, 09:47 AM
The article below talks about yet another country getting out of the US Dollar as a reserve currency.

I guess we'll just have to go to war with Sudan now too. The bankers will privately dictate that the US Military must replace the government in Sudan, and the politicians will sell it as a humanitarian mission.

Sudan central bank aims for dollar-free system
Tue 25 Sep 2007, 11:40 GMT

[-] Text [+] KHARTOUM (Reuters) - Sudan's central bank will stop trading in U.S. dollars and move its reserves into euros and other currencies to minimise the risk of U.S. sanctions against the growing economy, a bank official said.

Hussein Yahya Jangoul, head of financial markets at Sudan's central bank, told Reuters by the end of the year the Bnk of Sudan hoped to be free of U.S. dollars.

"The central bank has to respond for the sake of minimising the risk of this embargo so transactions with the outside world should be shifted from U.S. dollars to other currencies," he said.

"Hopefully that will be by the end of this year," Jangoul added.

Sudan's central bank began diversifying its reserves into euros and pounds sterling in 2003, he said, but a majority of the reserves were still in U.S. dollars.

He could not say exactly how much the reserves were, but another official said reserves covered three months of imports.

Jangoul said the Bank of Sudan had issued recommendations to commercial banks, government departments and private businesses to move their transactions abroad and balances to currencies other than U.S. dollars.

He said the dominant currency was likely to emerge as the euro.

Washington imposed sanctions on Sudan in 1997 accusing Khartoum of aiding "terrorism." Earlier this year it strengthened those sanctions because of ongoing conflict in Sudan's western region of Darfur.

Sudan is a cash economy because of sanctions, and the embargo means credit cards are not used either. Cash transfers to Sudan are difficult and are often stopped.

"There's a risk in continuing to use dollars in transactions," he said.

"The U.S. embargo can stop the transaction at any time since it's in U.S. dollars and the banks or private sector is going to lose that money," he added.

He said all banks would be likely to switch away from all dollar transactions.

"The central bank is not going to provide U.S. dollars to commercial banks because the central bank itself has no U.S. dollars."

Jangoul said that Sudan was going to try to adopt the currency of the country it is trading with, especially in the Gulf and Saudi Arabia, Sudan's big trading partners.

In Asia, transactions woud be done in euros or pounds sterling while in Europe euros will be used.

dsentell
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=LibertyEagle;210612]The American people are asleep.

We talked a few minutes about Dr. Paul. He made the comment that he had extremist ideas.
QUOTE]

This kills me! :D

I have received this comment also. My response,

"Oh, you consider the Constitution extremist?"

That causes them to stop and think.......