PDA

View Full Version : Bay State’s scorn for seat belts unrivaled

disorderlyvision
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
[..

Anti Federalist
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
And right across the border, here in NH, we are the only state in the nation with no seat belt law.

And guess what? More people as a percentage wear seat belts and we have a lower per capita fatlity rate.

“It saves lives,’’ said Tom Brooks, of South Boston. “People who don’t wear seat belts are threatening people’s lives.’’

Idiot says, "what?"

Kylie
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I think the seat belt laws are a crock of shit myself.

But I do wear my seatbelt. I did it before they made the law.

I say more power to the ones who don't.....I can always use more carbon-filled air to breathe.

disorderlyvision
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
And right across the border, here in NH, we are the only state in the nation with no seat belt law.

And guess what? More people as a percentage wear seat belts and we have a lower per capita fatlity rate.

Idiot says, "what?"

just barely wear more seatbelts

In Massachusetts, only about 67 percent of drivers are likely to buckle up, according to a survey by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That lags behind even New Hampshire, the only state without a mandatory seat belt law, where the rate is 69 percent. State lawmakers there have introduced mandatory seat belt legislation.

Anti Federalist
07-09-2009, 04:37 PM
just barely wear more seatbelts

The seat belt bill died, or rather was ITLed, which is the same.

Yes, barely, but more, without any law.

disorderlyvision
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
The seat belt bill died, or rather was ITLed, which is the same.

Yes, barely, but more, without any law.

Yeah, I remember reading that it was voted down.

I might actually wear my seatbelt if/when I get to NH. I refuse to wear it now out of spite. At least it is not a primary law here in MO yet & the fine is only $10. Across the river in IL they are hardcore about it. they will pull you over just for a seatbelt, and their fines, last time I got one, was either 50 or 75.

catdd
07-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I love you folks. If the entire country was enlightened as liberty people, it would be truly great again.

dannno
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
I love seatbelts, but hate seatbelt laws..