PDA

View Full Version : What would Sara Palin have to promise to gain your support?

Elwar
07-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Ok, if Palin is going to run for president she'll need us to back her. If she doesn't know this then she will fail like McCain.

So, in the spirit of extending an olive branch...what issues would she have to promise (and follow through on) in order to gain your support (or at least, hold your nose in the general election)?

torchbearer
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
promise to get an education and a clue first... then it would take several years of close friendship to earn back any trust lost when she held hands with McCain.

armstrong
07-09-2009, 02:52 PM
don't run and kill us so more moose meat------- seriously I could not support her

Feenix566
07-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Bring the troops home
Balance the budget
Privitize medicare and social security
End the War on Drugs
Abolish the Fed
Abolish the Department of Education (leave it up to the States)

Any of those would work for me. But I still won't support her over a Gary Johnson or a Ron Paul.

erowe1
07-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I won't say that I could never vote for her under any circumstance. But I sure would rather not. I suppose I probably would if she did all of the above. But even then I really wouldn't trust her. I do think that if there's another better anti-establishment constitutionalist candidate we can back in 2012 it would be worth it to try to court her for her endorsement and support.

Steeleye
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Kick McCain in the balls.

Flash
07-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I voted for all of these. I don't trust her, even if she was a Pat Buchanan fan at a time.

Ninja Homer
07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm confident that at least 1 Ron Paul Republican will be running against her, and that's who I'll be supporting. If not, then something has gone horribly wrong with this movement, and I'm giving up.

Young Paleocon
07-09-2009, 03:06 PM
All of the above, then I want her to do something dramatic like Thatcher did in '79 when she threw down a copy of Hayek's a Constitution of Liberty on the desk and said "This is what we believe." Only Palin could use The Revolution, Human Action, Man Economy and State, but I'm afraid in her current state she would just throw down a coloring book or something. Until she does this or punches Paul Krugman in the face I just can't see myself supporting her.

disorderlyvision
07-09-2009, 03:07 PM
WTF?!?!? I can't believe people take Palin seriously on RPF. I must have accidentally clicked on a neo-con message board that is designed like liberty forest.

She could promise to quit breathing. If she holds her breath for a good 30 years - forever, I would start gaining trust

Matt Collins
07-09-2009, 03:14 PM
If she were to pledge to:

- never vote to increase the size or scope of government
- never vote for anything unconstitutional
- never vote to increase spending or taxes
- never vote to decrease liberty, personal freedom, or individual/property rights

newbitech
07-09-2009, 03:16 PM
all of the above. I am looking for any change that will shake up the establishment and get regular americans thinking again.

If she can bring it, i will vote.

Mini-Me
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? Palin for President? PRESIDENT? She'd have to grow a brain, a pro-liberty attitude, and a backbone before I'd ever consider voting for her for dog catcher or some other minor office...but "Palin for President" is simply out of the question for all eternity!

There are THREE HUNDRED MILLION AMERICANS, the majority of whom may very well be better suited to the job, and some people still keep putting Sarah Palin forth as a contender? What is WRONG with you people?

Flash
07-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I doubt she'll magically turn into a Ron Paul candidate in 2012. She would have to completely turn against her views in 2008.. its not very realistic.

And the Katie Couric thing was really embaressing, even Bill O'Reilly said it. She doesn't really seem to be able to handle herself. And then she complained afterwards the Mccain crew didn't prep her properly for the interview. What were they suppose to say? She got stumped on, "What do you like to read?"

ChaosControl
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Well... if she would end the federal reserve and income tax, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Heck I'd be perfectly happy with just one of those.

Of course "All of the above" would be absolutely fantastic.

TruthisTreason
07-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Trying to be funny here:

Divorce her husband and marry into the Paul family.

Sarah Paul

pcosmar
07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
WTF?!?!? I can't believe people take Palin seriously on RPF. I must have accidentally clicked on a neo-con message board that is designed like liberty forest.

She could promise to quit breathing. If she holds her breath for a good 30 years - forever, I would start gaining trust

Exactly.
What is the point of her making empty promises.
Haven't we had enough of that?

erowe1
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I doubt she'll magically turn into a Ron Paul candidate in 2012. She would have to completely turn against her views in 2008.. its not very realistic.

And the Katie Couric thing was really embaressing, even Bill O'Reilly said it. She doesn't really seem to be able to handle herself. And then she complained afterwards the Mccain crew didn't prep her properly for the interview. What were they suppose to say? She got stumped on, "What do you like to read?"

Did she really complain that they didn't prep her properly? I never saw that line. That's pretty pathetic. Do you have a link about it?

Flash
07-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Did she really complain that they didn't prep her properly? I never saw that line. That's pretty pathetic. Do you have a link about it?

It was actually never said by her publically, but it was leaked out afterwards. I'll try to find a link, but it was around the same time the cost of her dress was leaked.

erowe1
07-09-2009, 03:33 PM
It was actually never said by her publically, but it was leaked out afterwards. I'll try to find a link, but it was around the same time the cost of her dress was leaked.

OK. To me that's different. If it was a complaint she made to people inside the campaign, I just figure that's the sort of thing that goes on. She had people working for her and it was her prerogative to criticize them if they did a poor job at whatever their job was. The fact that they leaked all those inside details (that for all we know might not be totally true) of the campaign says more about them than it does her.

I'm not a fan of hers. But when it's the GOP establishment hating on her, I can't help taking her side.

Epic
07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
She would have to promise me sexual favors...

or an end to federal reserve

Golding
07-09-2009, 03:41 PM
She'd have to promise to return to private life. I'd support that. I'm sure she's a nice person, but she's too much damaged goods to do any favors to any political position.

Liberty Star
07-09-2009, 03:47 PM
She will have to promise to sue estates of Bush, Cheney and hers for trillions of dollars damage done to US tax payers and economy because of there sheer stupidity and ignorant, misguided religiousity.

Ok, if Palin is going to run for president she'll need us to back her. If she doesn't know this then she will fail like McCain.

So, in the spirit of extending an olive branch...what issues would she have to promise (and follow through on) in order to gain your support (or at least, hold your nose in the general election)?

Why there is no Iraq war in the poll options?

YouTube - Palin "Iraq war is a task from God." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnGSk6N0Ugg)

And why would any Libertarian support such a dumb hotty?

erowe1
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Why there is no Iraq war in the poll options?

That's subsumed under withdrawing troops from the rest of the world.

Liberty Star
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
That's subsumed under withdrawing troops from the rest of the world.

How could a POTUS of her caliber do such a thing in a violatation of God's orders?

She be too feeble to do that. She's too opportunist, too simple minded and too hot to be POTUS.

Scofield
07-09-2009, 04:00 PM
A blowjob.

Kludge
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM
No chance to win. No trust to give. No time to entertain the thought.

constitutional
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
This poll is so poorly conceived and so much in bad taste. Is this the best you can do?

erowe1
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
How could a POTUS of her caliber do such a thing in a violatation of God's orders?

She be too feeble to do that. She's too opportunist, too simple minded and too hot to be POTUS.

I agree with all that. Like I said in my response to the poll, even if she promised all of the above I wouldn't trust her. But you asked why getting out of Iraq wasn't one of the options. Regardless of how disingenuous such a promise on her part might be, you do have to admit that getting troops out of Iraq is subsumed under getting troops out of all foreign countries. No?

AdamT
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
In addition to the poll list - abolish Patriot Acts, John Warner Defense Authorization bill, DHS, end warrantless spying for starters.

Liberty Star
07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree with all that. Like I said in my response to the poll, even if she promised all of the above I wouldn't trust her. But you asked why getting out of Iraq wasn't one of the options. Regardless of how disingenuous such a promise on her part might be, you do have to admit that getting troops out of Iraq is subsumed under getting troops out of all foreign countries. No?

True. And I don't think we disagree on this.

But as for poll question, I suppose similar poll then could be offered for Bush/Cheney/Obama or McCain as well. Everey sincere person willing to "change" deserves a second chance but there has to be vlaue placed on personal convictions, beliefs and track record when evaluating leadership potential.

Objectivist
07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Cut 90% of the Federal Government would be a nice start. Then she can leave the bible at home or in her church. The abortion issue should be a non-topic if she wants my vote even though I recognize that people are murdering their children, I just don't care if stupid people murder their kids, Darwinism.

JoshLowry
07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
What would Sara Palin have to promise to gain your support?

That's not going to happen.

- Stephanopoulos

Liberty Star
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
That's not going to happen.

- Stephanopoulos

Good one :)

satchelmcqueen
07-09-2009, 05:05 PM
i voted to have paul as vp...the rest...ehh maybe?? if paul said yes, then i would know for a fact that he had to have set her straight and taught her how things should be.

Dreamofunity
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Resign and go into hiding, that I could support.

BenIsForRon
07-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Two things, civil liberties and war. Doesn't even have to bring all the troops home, just from Iraq and Afghanistan. I could tolerate troops in Korea and Germany till we get an even more progressive candidate.

But here's the thing... Palin is not going to do any of this stuff, so I have no clue why you made this poll. I think you may be projecting your own wishes on to a nice, pretty lady you'd like to see in office.

jmdrake
07-09-2009, 09:30 PM
She defended the bailout. No bailout supporters get my vote.

YouTube - Palin: Bailout is about healthcare! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUMUASwaec)

Oh...and her defense of it was pretty lame. But it was a lame idea to begin with.

yongrel
07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Open season on Trig jokes.

RevolutionSD
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
None of the above, I don't believe we can vote our way to freedom no matter who is running to rule over us.

tron paul
07-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I can't believe people that should know better lap up the Palin-hate excreted by the MSM.

Palin left a trail of neocon victims behind her in Alaska.

If you don't know her story, I'm about to post it. Check Wiki if you have doubts.

So read on, and get aboard the Palin train. Or sign up for the Palin body count referred to in Barnes' article.

Kludge
07-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I can't believe people that should know better lap up the Palin-hate excreted by the MSM.

Palin left a trail of neocon victims behind her in Alaska.

If you don't know her story, I'm about to post it. Check Wiki if you have doubts.

So read on, and get aboard the Palin train. Or sign up for the Palin body count referred to in Barnes' article.

Palin earned my hate when she ran with McCain.

Mandrik
07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Burst into flames and reform as a younger Ron Paul.

JeNNiF00F00
07-10-2009, 12:18 AM
wtf?!?!? I can't believe people take palin seriously on rpf. I must have accidentally clicked on a neo-con message board that is designed like liberty forest.

She could promise to quit breathing. If she holds her breath for a good 30 years - forever, i would start gaining trust

this :d

South Park Fan
07-10-2009, 12:25 AM
All of the above, plus sincerely apologize for having ever supported and ran with McCain.

Elwar
07-10-2009, 07:33 AM
The poll wasn't so much for us...but I figured that most likely Palin is out there right now planning her campaign run for 2012. If she's got any decent campaign organizers they'll know that she needs our support to beat Obama (I'm not talking primaries, I'm talking General election). From what I've seen of her, she doesn't have a hard set of principles that she's attached to. Considering the rest of the Republicans think she's awesome (even though they don't know why other than that she's hot) then she can have libertarian principles and they wouldn't care either way. I'd hope that she spends the next few years reading up on the Austrian school of economics, reading Ron Paul's books and seeing the light...so that if she does end up going up against Obama, she'll have the horny male Republican vote plus the libertarian vote if she truly does grow a set of principles.

Either way, I'd rather one of our own win the primary. But Republicans tend to be lazy...they'll support who they think they're supposed to support and back the candidate no matter what they say. It's a sad fact...I think George W Bush was the Republican candidate as of 1998 when Republicans were told that he's the guy they need to support.

acptulsa
07-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I want no promises.

YouTube - John Lennon - Give Me Some Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn85BeeiwZo&feature=related)

Can she explain in nice, clear terms exactly what she said when she was McCain's running mate that she didn't mean, how she really feels, and why she said it if she didn't mean it?

Because if she can, that's a start. And if she meant it all, she's not a libertarian candidate.

georgiaboy
07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
if down deep she's a libertarian conservative disguised in neo-con hosiery, she'll have to come clean with why on earth she jumped on the McCain train, renounce it all, and actively and aggressively join the revolution, which means she'd need to actively support most of the points in the poll, especially the military, economic, and constitutional bits, and be amenable to considering them all.

Does this have a Hannity's snowball chance in hell of happening? Dunno. Will the real Sarah Palin please step forward? Then maybe I can figure this lady out.

Color me confused but ever hopeful.

SLSteven
07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Why don't we just convince Obama to join our movement?

pcosmar
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
What would Sara Palin have to promise to gain your support?

Exit the political scene, and promise to never run again.
I could support that.

someperson
07-10-2009, 08:48 AM
What is this? Is someone data-mining to provide targeted, future propaganda for Palin? It's early in the morning; maybe I'm just not understanding something.

acptulsa
07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
What is this? Is someone data-mining to provide targeted, future propaganda for Palin?

Most likely. Probably neocons trying to figure out what the limits of our principles are, what the limits of the principles of most of us are, and just generally trying to figure out how they might better package their $#!+.

speciallyblend
07-10-2009, 09:04 AM
nothing palin says is believable! if she all of sudden said what we wanted to hear. i would think she made a deal with the devil(gop leadership)!! palin is nothing more then a right-wing nut! she is just a christian who wants rights for her beliefs and no one elses. typical right-winger republican that i want no one to relate to me or the gop/republican party!!, she is part of the problem with the gop not the solution!!

the fact folks are even considering voting for palin tells me, we are no where near reclaiming or retaking the gop back to it's roots!! until we expel the radical right-wing nut jobs. i really see no future for the gop that helps our country!

palin switching to ron paul's side or our revolution is like thinking bush,cheney and obama have seen the light. palin is not the future of the republican party. if she is then you can count me out of the republican party. i will stay a republican for now. I just do not see anyone running in the cogop that is worth my vote,except the 2 ron paul republicans that have been forced to run as ron paul democrats. seems the cogop and the national gop are truly deaf dumb and blind!!! the only ones to blame for making ron paul republicans alienated in my state are the cogop! if they think winning my support by alienating republicans into running as dems is going to win me over. then the colorado gop is already dead. they just do not know it yet!!

the gop has further to fall as they are not listening!! they can take that data-mining to the bank!! the gop is shrinking not growing. if i hadn't joined the repubican party along with many others. i bet the gop would be polling under 15% . the only reason they hover around 20% is because i am still registered republican!! if the gop doesn't shape up in th next 1-12 yrs. you can count on them shrinking further and further down! the gop will make themselves a 3rd party without my help! to be honest the gop has made the bed they are complaining about and they are doing nothing to clean the stinch in the bed. the gop has lost any credibility they had ,if they had any at all!

georgiaboy
07-10-2009, 09:15 AM
to the thread title, "What would Sarah Palin have to promise to gain your support?"

Umm, promises are meaningless.

Actions. [insert name]. period.

Bodhi
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Nothing short of Palin receiving a brain transplant would be needed to get my support. Seriously people, have you never heard the woman speak? She makes Bush seem coherent.

acptulsa
07-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Nothing short of Palin receiving a brain transplant would be needed to get my support. Seriously people, have you never heard the woman speak? She makes Bush seem coherent.

:D Then there's that.

teamrican1
07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, for me to start warming to Sarah Palin she'd have to starting doing, not just promising, things that demonstrate her commitment to a liberty movement. The simplest and easiest thing she could do right now, especially since she's done with her day job, is to head up to Connecticut and then down to North Carolina and do fund raisers for Peter Schiff and Rand Paul. That's something I would respond to in a really positive way. Actions, not just words.

speciallyblend
07-10-2009, 02:30 PM

i was thinking that to;) britney spears is a better speaker then palin;) jj i think

georgiaboy
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM
maybe someone can get Mary Ruwart to dye her hair brown, start wearing glasses...

SLSteven
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, for me to start warming to Sarah Palin she'd have to starting doing, not just promising, things that demonstrate her commitment to a liberty movement. The simplest and easiest thing she could do right now, especially since she's done with her day job, is to head up to Connecticut and then down to North Carolina and do fund raisers for Peter Schiff and Rand Paul. That's something I would respond to in a really positive way. Actions, not just words.

Good idea!