PDA

View Full Version : 1934 Chicago Tribune Cartoon Tell the Truth

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 11:33 AM
http://cafr1.com/Pictures/1934.jpg

FrankRep
07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
YouTube - JBS Founder Robert Welch in 1974: Forerunner of Ron Paul? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lecAy-3Qtxk)

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
YouTube - JBS Founder Robert Welch in 1974: Forerunner of Ron Paul?
A conversation between James Dyer & Eustace Mullins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustace_Mullins), author of Secrets of the Federal Reserve (1952)....
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2003/07/268064.shtml

JBS was setup by Nelson Rockefeller. I knew two people at the original meeting. They needed a right-wing, anti-communist organization. NR decided that Robert Welch was the man to run JBS, so he arranged for the sale of Welch's Candy Co. (where Robert Welch had been working for his brother John) to Nabisco (which was a Rockefeller controlled company) at a highly inflated price and Welch was given an income to run the John Birch Society.

Revilo Oliver was a good friend of mine and he was one of the founders of the JBS. He and I were sitting in his living room once and he told me that he knew Nelson Rockefeller ran the Birch Society because he had a revolving fund at Chase Manhattan Bank, and whenever Welch needed a quarter million dollars to meet the payroll, he'd go to CMB and withdraw the money.

Oliver told you that?

Himself. One of the founders, can't ask for better authority than that.

Let's touch on the Council on Foreign Relations...

The CFR was a phoney institution, they've never had any power at all. They take their orders from the Royal Institute of International Affairs in London, the Rothschilds. This bugaboo about the CFR has always made me laugh. Back in the 50's everybody thought the United States was ruled by this corrupt, sinister organization. In fact the CFR was a bunch of fatcats that got together in New York City, had dinner in luxurious hotels...they were all wealthy people, CEOS of banks and insurance companies and so forth...

So their place in the scheme of things is...?

They're strictly a diversion. They had no power, and their policies were always written by the RIIA in London at Chatham House. I can't find an instance where the CFR has inaugurated a policy of any kind. Even today, people read books from the 50's about the sinister CFR and how sinister they are, like a KGB ruling the US...I always thought it a joke.

moostraks
07-09-2009, 06:09 PM

wow...where did you find this?

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Pretty powerful, eh?

Can you believe there was ever a day when the MSM in America printed stuff like this? Just imagine what they would print now if they weren't controlled.

I especially like the elitist academic drunk on power. Lots of detail in that cartoon, you really have to look at it for a while to capture all of its messages.

I found it in my archives. I must have saved it some years ago, but I don't recall where I got it... but I definitely would have picked-it-up online somehwere.

moostraks
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Pretty powerful, eh?

Can you believe there was ever a day when the MSM in America printed stuff like this? Just imagine what they would print now if they weren't controlled.

I especially like the elitist academic drunk on power. Lots of detail in that cartoon, you really have to look at it for a while to capture all of its messages.

I found it in my archives. I must have saved it some years ago, but I don't recall where I got it... but I definitely would have picked-it-up online somehwere.

That is spectacular! I was thinking the same thing about the detail. It is surreal how similar the current circumstances are to this particular time period, in an echo sort of manner. This one needs circled around as a wake up call to non-believers.

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 06:28 PM
That is spectacular! I was thinking the same thing about the detail. It is surreal how similar the current circumstances are to this particular time period, in an echo sort of manner. This one needs circled around as a wake up call to non-believers.
Be my guest... circulate... circulate.

You know, I don't know what kinda quality one could get from this image if they blew it up, but it would make an awesome poster.

Young Paleocon
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Have to remember this was a time when Hazlitt was an editor at the NYT and the Nation. How the times (no pun intended) have changed.

Time for Change
07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Good work...Nice find!

FrankRep
07-09-2009, 09:41 PM
JBS was setup by Nelson Rockefeller.

Nelson Rockefeller's Nabisco Company bought James O. Welch's Candy Company. James O. Welch is Robert Welch's brother.

Saying that Nelson Rockefeller funded or setup the John Birch Society is a complete lie.

Here's the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Welch,_Jr.

Robert Welch decided to manufacture candy as a way to earn a living, describing it as "the one field in which it seemed least impossible to get started without either capital or experience." He founded the Oxford Candy Company in Brooklyn, New York, which was a one-man operation until he hired his brother James to assist him. James Welch left to start his own candy company in 1925.

The Oxford Candy Company went out of business during the Great Depression, but his brother's company, the James O. Welch Company, survived, and Robert was hired by his brother. The company began making caramel lollipops, renamed Sugar Daddies, and Welch developed other well known candies such as Sugar Babies, Junior Mints, and Pom Poms. Welch retired a wealthy man in 1956.

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/02/01/us/james-o-welch-dies-at-79-founder-of-candy-company.html

In 1963 the National Biscuit Company, now Nabisco Brands Inc., bought Mr. Welch's company. Mr. Welch was a director of Nabisco from 1963 until his retirement in 1978. His son, James O. Welch Jr., of Short Hills, N.J., is president of Nabisco.

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Nelson Rockefeller's Nabisco Company bought James O. Welch's Candy Company. James O. Welch is Robert Welch's brother.

Saying that Nelson Rockefeller funded or setup the John Birch Society is a complete lie.

Here's the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Welch,_Jr.

Robert Welch decided to manufacture candy as a way to earn a living, describing it as "the one field in which it seemed least impossible to get started without either capital or experience." He founded the Oxford Candy Company in Brooklyn, New York, which was a one-man operation until he hired his brother James to assist him. James Welch left to start his own candy company in 1925.

The Oxford Candy Company went out of business during the Great Depression, but his brother's company, the James O. Welch Company, survived, and Robert was hired by his brother. The company began making caramel lollipops, renamed Sugar Daddies, and Welch developed other well known candies such as Sugar Babies, Junior Mints, and Pom Poms. Welch retired a wealthy man in 1956.

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/02/01/us/james-o-welch-dies-at-79-founder-of-candy-company.html

In 1963 the National Biscuit Company, now Nabisco Brands Inc., bought Mr. Welch's company. Mr. Welch was a director of Nabisco from 1963 until his retirement in 1978. His son, James O. Welch Jr., of Short Hills, N.J., is president of Nabisco.
That was a direct quote from Eustace Mullins, author of Secrets of the Federal Reserve (1952), who said he was told this information directly from Revilo Oliver, one of the JBS founders, while at Oliver's home for dinner. If you have a problem with the quote, then take it up with Mullins.

A little searching finds the info quoted below, which backs up Mullins and Oliver.

In the article My 'One-Minute' Membership In the John Birch Society, the following information, concerning the buyout of the Welch Candy Company is related:

".... In the August 1965 edition of Capsule News, Morris Bealle (now deceased) laid it bare. He wrote:

Robert Welch (and his brother Jimmy) received a tremendous payoff from the House of Rockefeller two years ago, for organizing the John Birch Society and sitting on the communist lid for the past seven years. The total pay-off was $10,800,000, less the value of the family candy company, which is reputed to be maybe $100,000 or $200,000.

On October 1, 1963, Rockefeller's National Biscuit Company announced the "purchase" of the James O. Welch Candy Company of Cambridge, Massachusetts.

In Moody's Manual of Industrials, and in Standard-and-Poor's Business Index, NBC gave the alleged purchase price as "200,000 shares of National Biscuit common stock." According to The Wall Street Journal for Oct. 1, 1963, NBC common stock was selling for $54 a share on the New York Stock Exchange.

Today it is selling for $58. Thus the Welch brothers were given $10,800,000 just like that."

Candy people say the whole family business, with plants and five sales offices, [was] hardly worth $200,000. Welch will tell those dopes who will believe him mat National Biscuit is not a Rockefeller concern.

Again, Moody's Manual will trip him up. It lists as two of the directors the names of Roy E. Tomlinson and Don. G. Mitchell. [Both are] members of the Council on Foreign Relations. Further, they are a pair of Rockefeller's "professional directors." Tomlinson is also a director of their Prudential Life and American Sugar Refining.

It was American Sugar that was directly concerned with the financing and embargoing into the hands of Communist Russia of Cuba in 1959. They made the deal with Castro, which ended freedom on the island of Cuba and made possible those Havana missile bases designed to wipe out American eastern seaboard cities.

It also appears that the Rock Mob financed and promoted the organization of the John Birch Society. How else could it have gotten millions of dollars worth of newspaper publicity by the phony "attacks" on Welch that came with dramatic suddenness.

And, for the record, in more recent years, famed populist historian Eustace Mullins, author of The Federal Reserve Conspiracy, The World Order and other classics, has said publicly-more than once-that his research led him to the conclusion that the Birch Society was indeed a creation of the Rockefeller empire, based on precisely the same data that led Bealle to reach his assessment. So Bealle was not standing alone, by any means, in making these allegations..." end quote

http://www.barnesreview.org/John_birch.htm (http://www.seekgod.ca/rockefeller.htm)

Danke
07-09-2009, 10:34 PM

http://cafr1.com/

And in another thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2070267&postcount=1

http://www.marketskeptics.com/2009/04/1934-chicago-tribune-cartoon.html

FrankRep
07-09-2009, 10:34 PM
That was a direct quote from Eustace Mullins, author of Secrets of the Federal Reserve (1952), who said he was told this information directly from Revilo Oliver, one of the JBS founders, while at Oliver's home for dinner. If you have a problem with the quote, then take it up with Mullins.

Do you seriously think Revilo Oliver, a Racist White Nationalist, is credible? The JBS kicked him out for being a racist. Revilo Oliver is a big reason why the JBS got smeared as racist.

Revilo Oliver called the JBS "the Birch hoax" because he thought the JBS was secretly run by Jews. That's why he was attacking the JBS.

Eustace Mullins is openly anti-Jewish and the JBS disowned him because of his views.

In the 1960s, Oliver supposedly broke with conventional American conservatism and, having become convinced that Welch had either cozened him from the start or sold out later, he even severed his connections with what he called "the Birch hoax." He thus came to openly embrace an essentially far-right worldview, and eventually to assist William Luther Pierce in forming the National Alliance, a White Nationalist organization, a significant portion of whose supporters and members would re-form under the name National Vanguard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revilo_P._Oliver

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Do you seriously think Revilo Oliver, a Racist White Nationalist, is credible? The JBS kicked him out for being a racist. Revilo Oliver is a big reason why the JBS got smeared as racist.

Revilo Oliver called the JBS "the Birch hoax" because he thought the JBS was secretly run by Jews. That's why he was attacking the JBS.

Eustace Mullins is openly anti-Jewish and the JBS disowned him because of his views.

In the 1960s, Oliver supposedly broke with conventional American conservatism and, having become convinced that Welch had either cozened him from the start or sold out later, he even severed his connections with what he called "the Birch hoax." He thus came to openly embrace an essentially far-right worldview, and eventually to assist William Luther Pierce in forming the National Alliance, a White Nationalist organization, a significant portion of whose supporters and members would re-form under the name National Vanguard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revilo_P._Oliver
Too many tangible connections between Nelson Rockefeller, Welch and the vastly inflated sale price to dismiss this one.

Besides, anyone with the slightest knowledge of IO would be able to spot the JBS techniques of containment and diversion from a 1,000 miles away. Only those indoctrinated into the cult are blind to it.

Anyway, if you want to discuss JBS again, do it on your thread. This thread is not about JBS, but about a Cartoon ad.

P.S. I do find it amusing that I've seen threads here commending Eustace Mullins for his work on exposing the Federal Reserve in 1952, but then is attacked by those who would commend him when he comments on groups supposedly friendly to the JBS right wing.

FrankRep
07-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Too many tangible connections between Nelson Rockefeller, Welch and the vastly inflated sale price to dismiss this one.

Robert Welch's BROTHER owned the candy company. Saying the "inflated sale price" is a very weak argument to make.

P.S. I do find it amusing that I've seen threads here commending Eustace Mullins for his work on exposing the Federal Reserve in 1952, but then is attacked by those who would commend him when he comments on groups supposedly friendly to the JBS right wing.

Eustace Mullins inserted his racist anti-Jewish views into his research. The JBS didn't share his racist views so he started attacking them by quoting the now famous racist White Nationalist?

Anyone commending Eustace Mullins needs to seriously re-evaluate the character of Mr. Mullins.

InterestedParticipant
07-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Robert Welch's BROTHER owned the candy company. Saying the "inflated sale price" is a very weak argument to make.

Eustace Mullins inserted his racist anti-Jewish views into his research. The JBS didn't share his racist views so he started attacking them by quoting the now famous racist White Nationalist?

Anyone commending Eustace Mullins needs to seriously re-evaluate the character of Mr. Mullins.
The Welch's sell their candy company to Nabisco for 5,000% over the value of their company. Then we find out that Nabisco's directors are not only CFR members, but also directors for Rockefeller. Welch then founds JBS.

Do you really expect anyone who is not a JBS cheerleader to believe that this is not all connected?

Oh, and the "the now famous racist White Nationalist" that you refer to is Revilo Oliver, one of the JBS founders.

FrankRep
07-10-2009, 05:51 AM
The Welch's sell their candy company to Nabisco for 5,000% over the value of their company. Then we find out that Nabisco's directors are not only CFR members, but also directors for Rockefeller. Welch then founds JBS.

Do you really expect anyone who is not a JBS cheerleader to believe that this is not all connected?

Oh, and the "the now famous racist White Nationalist" that you refer to is Revilo Oliver, one of the JBS founders.

Robert Welch's BROTHER didn't create the JBS, Robert Welch did.

Welch's sell their candy company to Nabisco for 5,000% over the value of their company.

Where are you getting your information? I'd like to see your documentation.

Revilo Oliver also was kicked out, don't forget that part.

InterestedParticipant
07-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Robert Welch's BROTHER didn't create the JBS, Robert Welch did.

Where are you getting your information? I'd like to see your documentation.

Revilo Oliver also was kicked out, don't forget that part.
Take it to another thread!

FrankRep
07-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Take it to another thread!

Stop attacking!

pcosmar
07-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Ah yes
The old smear campaign continues.

The more of this shit I see the more I like the JBS.

InterestedParticipant
07-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Stop attacking!
Don't post COINTEL in my thread, because I'm going to call it out for what it is.

FrankRep
07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
The more of this shit I see the more I like the JBS.

Ineffective organizations just get ignored, but organizations truly making an impact on the enemy gets viciously attacked with rumors and smears.

I've never seen an organization get attacked as much as the John Birch Society does. We're effective and our 50 years of experience proves that.

InterestedParticipant
07-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Ineffective organizations just get ignored, but organizations truly making an impact on the enemy gets viciously attacked with rumors and smears.

I've never seen an organization get attacked as much as the John Birch Society does. We're effective and our 50 years of experience proves that.
How is holding on to information, for 20 years, that exposes the Communist threat as fake being effective?

How is publishing articles that this current Cyber attack is being perpetrated by Koreans being effective?

How if founding a group from inflated profits to a Rockefeller controlled company being open and honest to your constituents?

Take this line of discussion to your own thread about the JBS, as this thread was posted to discuss the 1934 cartoon.

FrankRep
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
How is holding on to information, for 20 years, that exposes the Communist threat as fake being effective?

How is publishing articles that this current Cyber attack is being perpetrated by Koreans being effective?

How if founding a group from inflated profits to a Rockefeller controlled company being open and honest to your constituents?

Take this line of discussion to your own thread about the JBS, as this thread was posted to discuss the 1934 cartoon.

The New American brings up this point that American wants a Cybersecurity bill passed. Now conveniently we're having Internet attacks.

The New American has already exposed these facts.

New Cybersecurity Regime Proposed

Ann Shibler | The New American
09 April 2009

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/983

pcosmar
07-10-2009, 11:47 AM
as this thread was posted to discuss the 1934 cartoon.

This is the same cartoon that was printed in Unfiltered News a few months back.
http://www.realityzone.com/20090410.html

There, discussed.