PDA

View Full Version : I made 4 phone calls today, took 10 min, and I feel great!

dielivin
07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
This is what I would consider the minimum for any patriot to do, but it still feels like you're doing something big - and together WE ARE!

So I made 4 phone calls today that involved calling CSPAN, my Congressman, and my 2 Senators.

I told CSPAN in a calm & polite manner that I was very much interested in seeing the FC Hearing on HR 1207 at 1:30pm televised. The lady who took my call noted my request.

I told my Congressman's telephone receptionist in a calm & polite manner to please take my name, address, & number and leave the following message with my Congressman, "Why sir have you not co-sponsored HR1207 when 245 of your fellow house members have? Have you reviewed the bill and why would you vote for it or against it? This bill is extremely important to the taxpayers. The people demand that this government provide complete transparency in dealing with taxpayer money and a good start would be an audit of the Federal Reserve. Also, thank you for not supporting the Cap & Trade Bill and your time."

I told both of my Senator's telephone receptionist in a calm & polite manner to please take my name, address, & number and leave the following message with my Senator, "Why sir have you not co-sponsored S604, which has 6 co-sponsors in the Senate, and 245 co-sponsors in the House via HR1207? Have you reviewed the bill and why would you vote for it or against it? This bill is extremely important to the taxpayers. The people demand that this government provide complete transparency in dealing with taxpayers money and a good start would be an audit of the Federal Reserve. Also, I hope you stand in opposition to the Cap & Trade bill coming from the House, this bill would further hamper our already failing economy and doesn't provide a logical and reasonable method in securing our nation's energy needs while promoting environmental stewardship. Thank you for your time."

Any one else care to spend 10 minutes and make a few phone calls?

CSPAN Main Number: (202) 737-3220

Washington Journal: Support Democrats (202) 737-0002
Washington Journal: Support Pres. Bush (202) 737-0001
Washington Journal: Support Others (202) 628-0205

http://www.house.gov <-- contact your Congressman/Congresswoman
http://www.senate.gov <-- contact your Senator

Kraig
07-09-2009, 11:20 AM
How do you feel great? I always feel like a little bitch after I do that.

Danke
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Hate crime bill is important to stop too. Keep calling!

Reason
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
How do you feel great? I always feel like a little bitch after I do that.

Golding
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
How do you feel great? I always feel like a little bitch after I do that.Sucks to be you.

qh4dotcom
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
I agree that I should be doing it...but it feels like voting...a single vote is too insignificant to accomplish anything...same for a phone call.

Arklatex
07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I called a congressman in Texas Bowie Country, straight to his office, simply asked if the congressman would cosponsor HR 1207. He took my name and my recommendation and three days later he cosponsored. Had one more person call in after me from same county and bingo.

idiom
07-10-2009, 12:14 AM
I agree that I should be doing it...but it feels like voting...a single vote is too insignificant to accomplish anything...same for a phone call.

Well as long as enough of us don't do anything, we should win right?

Kraig
07-10-2009, 08:17 AM

Feels like begging to me, but similar to voting.

ItsTime
07-10-2009, 08:48 AM
woot woot bump bump

qh4dotcom
07-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Well as long as enough of us don't do anything, we should win right?

Maybe I don't call but I support those who do...I've given plenty of donations since I joined the liberty movement...I am definitely doing my part.

idiom
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Maybe I don't call but I support those who do...I've given plenty of donations since I joined the liberty movement...I am definitely doing my part.

;)

Conservative Christian
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Good for you, dielivin. :)

Glad to hear you were "calm and polite". It's very important to do that.

Be sure to hit your CongressCritter with e-mails and faxes also.

You should also be contacting him in regard to opposing the North American Union and the NAFTA Superhighway system.

Kraig
07-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear you were "calm and polite". It's very important to do that.

That's my biggest problem with it, I really have a hard time being "calm and polite" when asking people not to harm me or deprive me of my freedom. Sure I can do, sure I have done it, but like I said I feel like a bitch after the fact.

Conservative Christian
07-10-2009, 02:43 PM
That's my biggest problem with it, I really have a hard time being "calm and polite" when asking people not to harm me or deprive me of my freedom. Sure I can do, sure I have done it, but like I said I feel like a bitch after the fact.

Like the old saying goes, you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

Getting nasty with them accomplishes nothing positive.