PDA

View Full Version : My visit to Austin TX DPS!

rp4prez
07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
So this morning I had to go and renew my drivers license. It's always a nightmare when going to the dps (in some places this is the dmv). I stood in line for almost 45 minutes just to be told that I would have to stand in line for another 2 hours! WTF?! Seriously how hard is it to see my insurance, make me read a line of letters, and take my picture?! OMFG!

The good thing that came out of all of this is I got to talk and convince a guy in line (and hopefully everyone around me that was listening) how all this wasn't needed. We chatted about how if this was a real business things would be moving very quickly. He even brought up the comment that he thought the state made everyone come in every 10 years to catch criminals!? WTH? I quickly said, "do you really think criminals care about their license?" He laughed. I then said, "it's very obvious that most of us are law abiding citizens just by the long wait we have here. So maybe they should set it up for criminals and see how long the wait is." He laughed again! haha.

We went on to talk about how much better the roads would be if they were in private hands, how there wouldn't be speed limits, and how more than likely there wouldn't even be a need for drivers licenses! Man it was a great conversation! I should just go hang out at the dps and renew my license every day! haha. :D