PDA

View Full Version : FOIA blamed for Palin resignation

disorderlyvision
07-08-2009, 04:20 PM

slacker921
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
spin! spin! spin!

150 FOIA requests created legal fees of $500,000? wow. That's some inefficiency there. How many FOIA requests do other governors get? What do other governors pay in legal fees in a year defending themselves?

Sean
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I am planning to make myself some premade Open Records Act requests in the state that I live in. Whenever I am pulled over by the police that officer will receive one along with all public employees in the city. Its time to bring the power of the state against all those revenue farmers.

Stary Hickory
07-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I happen to believe Palin. You might not like her views 100% but she seems to be a decent person. Not everyone is a scheming politician. Sounds like shit what is happening in Alaska.

Epic
07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I am a Palin fan on a personal level. The attacks on her that I see on the Internet are just vicious.

And hey - she's not a politician now. I gotta give her credit for that.

slacker921
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Most have centered on Ms. Palin's use of government resources, and to date have turned up little save for a few state trips that she agreed to reimburse the state for because her children had accompanied her.
How many allegations turned out to be so true that she had to pay up?
How much did she have to pay?

Let's have the facts instead of political spin. Come on Star and Epic.. you love her so tell us the facts.

sparebulb
07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm sure that we will see St. Sarah pounding the stump for a "reform" of the FOIA to prevent possible terrorists from obtaining information which could distract elected officials from doing their jobs. With "libertarians" like Palin and friends, we won't have to worry about any of that pesky liberty in the future.

Remember, they hate us for our freedoms.

speciallyblend
07-08-2009, 06:28 PM
palin is full of crap. the sad part is that over 70% of the gop republicans are still DEAF DUMB AND BLIND. i see the gop losing the next 4-12 yrs if palin is the future! sad over 70% of the republicans are brainwashed zombies!!

speciallyblend
07-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I am a Palin fan on a personal level. The attacks on her that I see on the Internet are just vicious.

And hey - she's not a politician now. I gotta give her credit for that.

don't worry all we have to do is email sarah palin a bunch when she runs in 2012 and she will quit;) palin is a complete joke and if palin is the future of the gop. then the gop will be a 3rd party sooner then you think, thank god;)

go sarah palin and the 70% of deaf dumb and blind republicans. if the gop is trying to become a 3rd party sarah palin is a good start;) GO PALIN(sarcasm)

ctiger2
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
palin is full of crap. the sad part is that over 70% of the gop republicans are still DEAF DUMB AND BLIND. i see the gop losing the next 4-12 yrs if palin is the future! sad over 70% of the republicans are brainwashed zombies!!

+1

angelatc
07-08-2009, 06:47 PM
spin! spin! spin!

150 FOIA requests created legal fees of $500,000? wow. That's some inefficiency there. How many FOIA requests do other governors get? What do other governors pay in legal fees in a year defending themselves?

The bloggers in Alaska sued her over nonsense crap, like for wearing a jacket with a corporate logo. 15 ethics complaints were filed against her during her two and a half years as governor. All of the complaints were eventually dismissed, but she still had to pay lawyers to defend her. She won the decisions, but if she had ignored them she would have lost by default.

Despite your contention, this is the first time the left has so vigorously abused the system.

But she caved. That sets a terrible precedent.

ItsTime
07-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I think Palin should be Ron Pauls vp LMAO

speciallyblend
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I think Palin should be Ron Pauls vp LMAO

i know you have to joking!

Dr.3D
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
The bloggers in Alaska sued her over nonsense crap, like for wearing a jacket with a corporate logo. 15 ethics complaints were filed against her during her two and a half years as governor. All of the complaints were eventually dismissed, but she still had to pay lawyers to defend her. She won the decisions, but if she had ignored them she would have lost by default.

Despite your contention, this is the first time the left has so vigorously abused the system.

But she caved. That sets a terrible precedent.

It's true! People can come up with a complaint and then cost a person a ton of money trying to defend themselves.

I believe, it somebody comes up with a complaint and later the complaint is dismissed, the complainant should have to pay all of the legal bills of the defendant. I'm sure this would put an end to the petty court battles we are seeing on an increasing basis.

ItsTime
07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
i know you have to joking!

without a doubt

satchelmcqueen
07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
It's true! People can come up with a complaint and then cost a person a ton of money trying to defend themselves.

I believe, it somebody comes up with a complaint and later the complaint is dismissed, the complainant should have to pay all of the legal bills of the defendant. I'm sure this would put an end to the petty court battles we are seeing on an increasing basis.

that would make a good law. it would stop all kinds of crap complaints. i can say from experience that these ethics complaints can be filed just to harass or bog someone down. years ago when i went to church, the town we live in put up for vote an issue. most all the church people here felt trhe same way which went against what the city and the rich business people wanted. anyway, a group of the business people got together and filed an ethics complaint against the local churches claiming we forced people and scared people to vote as we said. not true at all from our end. so bottom line was we were given the option of court that would cost more money than we had even if we were found innocent, or settle and donate a few thousand dollars to the city and have the case dropped. being small churches, we played it safe and settled. the crooks always get their way. and by the way, the city lost the vote they wanted, but 6 months later, by commissioners vote, did as they wanted anyway without a vote.

i happen to believe palin was done the same way.