PDA

View Full Version : maybe NORML endorse Ron Paul?

StumbleBum7
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I know NORML has some devout supporters, think they would endorse Ron Paul, maybe a few of us can shoot some emails out.

surf
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
NORML has given to his congressional campaigns in the past

transistor
09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
they don't endorse candidates

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
they don't endorse candidates

why?

richard1984
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll do what I can! (I'm on the local NORML emailing list.)

I would really appreciate it if someone could post a copy of a good email to NORML members (I have a lot of studying to do right now for tests in the next couple of days, so it'd be awesome if someone could help me out with a good email to send around to local members).

Oh! Ha! I put a Ron Paul Liberty Card on the windshield of a vehicle today that had a "support industrial hemp" bumper sticker. ...just kinda applies to NORML :D

Cannabis is my favorite plant!! :cool:

DjLoTi
09-24-2007, 04:18 PM
why?

prob because they're a non profit organization.

richard1984
09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
prob because they're a non profit organization.

But that doesn't mean that we can't send emails out to NORML members! :D (and I suggest that we do)

runderwo
09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Cannabis Culture and VOTE-HEMP do.

Here is a flyer to give out to hippie festivals.
http://www.oknorml.org/ronpaul/ronpaul2.pdf

Note that it doesn't include Sept 21 where he promised the Detroit Free Press that all nonviolent drug offenders would be pardoned.

constituent
09-24-2007, 06:46 PM
they interviewed him a little while back.... the video is on youtube or you can see it at

Freedom Forums (http://www.ronpaulfreedomforums.org)

hornet
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
i emailed norml about this subject. ron fisher their national outreach coordinator replied that because they are tax exempt they cannot make political contributions

Hello,

Thanks for contacting NORML. In fact, due to NORML’s tax exempt status we cannot endorse political candidates for office.

Regards,

Ron Fisher
National Outreach Coordinator
norml@norml.org
202-483-5500

Jordan
09-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I think you'll find that a overwhelming majority of people who know of NORML know about Ron Paul.

runderwo
09-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I think you'll find that a overwhelming majority of people who know of NORML know about Ron Paul.

Actually, no... most of the ones we talked to have no clue whatsoever. That's why we need to all get out to these hippy/alternative events and hit them over the head with Ron Paul :-)

constituent
09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
the stoner vote is hit or miss...

for real though. i find that the serious, active
individuals out there who also happen to smoke pot
are familiar w/ Ron Paul and have some misguided
reasons for why they are not voting for him, even against
their own best interest.

most of them think ol' bill, "was a pretty cool guy."

runderwo
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
My angle with them is simply that actions speak louder than words, and Ron Paul has voted against the drug war, and constantly introduced legislation to defund and abolish drug war agencies, since the moment he stepped foot into Congress. If you don't vote for people who act in your best interests, and instead vote for people who tell you what you want to hear but could very well change their tune tomorrow... well, you deserve what you get in the end

I did run into a lot of people who think the war on marijuana is bogus, but agree with the war on drug users in general, because meth/coke/etc are so bad that even responsible users should be thrown in jail as a wakeup call. I could debate these people into the ground but it's pointless when all you need to do to elaborate RP's position is to say, "the states should be in charge of their drug policies because there has been no Constitutional amendment authorizing the federal drug war as there was for alcohol prohibition". And the erosion of the Bill of Rights in the name of the drug war is indefensible.

You'll run into a lot of people who say "I'm voting for Kucinich, sorry"... simply ask them why? The answers are enlightening.