PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Phone Poll (plea to "Digg this")

ACJohn
09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
I got to vote for RP in a phone poll !!! Had to pick other candidate then RP was a choice, but he was on there. Missed the name of the poll Rasmusin ??

John

[Admin edit: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Rasmussen_Polls_Rigged_against_Ron_Paul_unbelievab le]

brumans
09-24-2007, 03:51 PM
What do you mean you had to pick other candidate?

Was it like:

Who would you pick as the republican nominee?

Press 1 for Rudy Giuliani
Press 2 for Mitt Romney
Press 3 for Fred Thompson
Press 4 for John McCain
Press 5 for other candidates

ACJohn
09-24-2007, 04:04 PM
yes press 7 for other and RP was the first arfter that. Sad to say Huchabee was listed as # 6 before other.

undergroundrr
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
If so, what an enterprising way to ensure that the top tier candidates get more "scientific" votes.

ItsTime
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
If so, what an enterprising way to ensure that the top tier candidates get more "scientific" votes.

how can it be scientific if the choices are not in alphabetical order?

ghemminger
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
finally - I hope it was gallop

transistor
09-24-2007, 04:09 PM
there are 12 buttons on a phone... unless they listed both republicans and democrats, there's no reason paul shouldn't be listed

Grandson of Liberty
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
The only thing scientific about a scientific poll is the science behind how to manipulate them.

ACJohn
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
This was the name they used

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

stevedasbach
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
yes press 7 for other and RP was the first arfter that. Sad to say Huchabee was listed as # 6 before other.

THAT explains why all the "second tier" candidates except Huckabee do so poorly in the Rasmussin polls. This methodology is STRONGLY BIASED against all the candidates lumped under other.

Could you please share this story with the editors at pollster.com? They write stories explaining why some polls give different results than others and attack bad polling methodology. If they do a story about this, we can use it attack Rasmussin poll results.

undergroundrr
09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I think it's a name recognition issue too. How many thousands of survey participants hear the names of McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Thompson and Giuliani at a time when their attention is at its maximum? Not only do they never consider Ron Paul, his name never even enters their consciousness.

Elwar
09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
That is pretty messed up.

That's like going to Dairy Queen and they say would you like Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, or another?

Most people would figure that's plenty to choose from...they'll pick from the choices they were given. Say good-bye Cookie Dough.

bc2208
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Hello,

I was a big fan of Rasmussen's Daily Polls in the leadup to the 2004 Presidential Election. Your website was one of my daily stops while web browsing. This year, I am supporting Ron Paul, and though I admit he does not have even 10% of public support, his status of "sharing 4% of the vote" seems to imply he is underrepresented in your polls.
I spoke with a friend today who was called to take a poll. He described the choices as such:
Press 1 for Rudy Giuliani
2 for Fred Thompson
3 for Mitt Romney
4 for John McCain
5 for Others.

How is this scientific? If you are separating the names into groups, it seems obvious that the first group would receive more votes respectively. While I do not expect Ron Paul to jump to 20%, I would imagine he'd have 4-5% of the vote if the polls were conducted fairly. Simply saying he is mentioned by name is misleading, as it is not mentioned in the same menu as all of the candidates.

Please change your methods. You're losing a fan.

Brian

katao
09-24-2007, 05:01 PM
That is pretty messed up.

That's like going to Dairy Queen and they say would you like Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, or another?

Most people would figure that's plenty to choose from...they'll pick from the choices they were given. Say good-bye Cookie Dough.

If Ron Paul = Cookie Dough, I will be doubling my donations!

QWE
09-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Usually phone polls rotate the names. This MIGHT have just been a coincidence but if it really was the "top-tier" candidates that were listed in pretty much the most popular order, then I call BS on this poll.

FluffyUnbound
09-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Wait a second - I thought the major polling companies did actual phone polls person-to-person.

Since when do they use touchtone technology?

If they're going to use an automated system, why are the sample sizes so small? Set the autodialer to keep going until you have 10,000 responses.

zahirakids
09-24-2007, 06:13 PM
THAT explains why all the "second tier" candidates except Huckabee do so poorly in the Rasmussin polls. This methodology is STRONGLY BIASED against all the candidates lumped under other.

Could you please share this story with the editors at pollster.com? They write stories explaining why some polls give different results than others and attack bad polling methodology. If they do a story about this, we can use it attack Rasmussin poll results.

Hey Steve,

Good to see you here.

BTW I was the VT coordinator for the Gary Nolan campaign.

goRPaul
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Another way to suppress Ron Paul's name recognition. This is a contributing factor to why he's low in the polls. I think it's quite possible that he could be 6% or more in a more scientific poll. And only getting stronger....

mackler
09-25-2007, 12:04 AM
If they're going to use an automated system, why are the sample sizes so small? Set the autodialer to keep going until you have 10,000 responses.

Because most people hang up. The election would be over by the time they'd get 10,000 responses.

undergroundrr
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Interesting post at http://zealfortruth.org/2007/09/internet-buzz-is-irrelevant/

"Laurie
Sep 27th, 2007 at 12:44 pm
As a registered Republican since 1978 when I first became eligible to vote, I have participated in many phone polls in the past. I have been called 3 times since June 2008, and in 2 of those polls, Dr Paul was not a choice I was given to pick from.

In the 3rd call that was identified as being from the RNC I was asked who I supported from the following list of Candidates, I did not wait for her to list them and stated that Ron Paul was my choice. I was then subjected to a brief pause of dead air, a terse thank you and a dial tone as they hung up.

In my view the phone polls are a joke and in no way truly represent anything other than what the people paying for the polls want them to. They are no more scientific than any online poll, and no self respecting person would give any weight to them in deciding who to vote for."

Another personal account making it clear that Paul is either not offered as a choice, or buried in the second level of a phone tree for these polls. Which phone polling companies do and do not discourage votes for Paul through these means?

undergroundrr
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Surprise! The Rasmussen poll mentioned in the OP is out. Guess what percentage Paul and the "other" candidates got.

http://www.bloggernews.net/110673

Sakimoto
10-02-2007, 05:52 PM
This so-called scientific polling is such a sham. Just another piece of bullshit in the flawed election system we have in America.... When RP wins the dumbasses will be scratching their heads sayin' "but he was so low in da polls..."

Zydeco
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
These polls are rigged. That is such a crooked way to poll. And to think they call it "scientific."

We have to digg this!

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Rasmussen_Polls_Rigged_against_Ron_Paul_unbelievab le

Very important that we get this out. These obviously and blatantly manipulated polls are being used to discredit Ron Paul. PLEASE DIGG!

The only two things the establishment candidates have left is money and the "scientific" polls. We're catching up in $$ and now it's time to knock the other rotten beam out from under their house of cards.

SouthernGuy15
10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Digg This!!!

Please Digg This!

Original_Intent
10-03-2007, 10:05 AM
dugg!

ghemminger
10-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Everyone Really Need to investigate the WAYS these polls operate - Especially if the MAin Stream Media, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX use them to determine their coverage of potential candidates - on the surface it surely seems biased!

ghemminger
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Dugg

CurtisLow
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
done digg it

terlinguatx
10-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Folks, we NEED to digg the hell out of this! The "scientific" polls are the last thing holding Ron Paul back in people's minds. I have just written the editor of Real Clear Politics, John McIntyre, about the rigged Rasmussen poll. RCP uses the poll in their aggregate number.

Get to diggin'!!! :D

ghemminger
10-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Fricking sad that we have to investigate and do the work for the MSM

hard@work
10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Fricking sad that we have to investigate and do the work for the MSM

Yeah but we've known this for a while. Most of us had noticed if not fully caught on that the media was subverted some time ago.

yoshimaroka
10-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Should be linked to a blog or something. It's going to bring RP trolls to the forum if it ends up on the front page.

moonbat
10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Just got my digg on...

steph3n
10-03-2007, 10:34 AM
you moonbat!! why digg this?

:D
I did too :)

Just got my digg on...

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Keep diggin', kids! This is crucial, the only thing keeping Ron Paul back is that he supposedly "barely registers" in the "scientific polls". We have to challenge that lie and get this to the front page, almost there!!

KEEP DIGGIN'!!!! :D

angelatc
10-03-2007, 10:46 AM
how can it be scientific if the choices are not in alphabetical order?

I'm not a pollster, but I think to be scientific the names would need to be rotated.

ConstitutionGal
10-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Digg This!!!

Please Digg This!
Dugg!!!

...I can't believe the morons that are still spouting that nonsense about 'multiple text messaging' when it's been proven again and again that folks could only vote one time per phone number. Sadly, these are the doofus' that actually get out and vote during primaries!!

ConstitutionGal
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Surprise! The Rasmussen poll mentioned in the OP is out. Guess what percentage Paul and the "other" candidates got.

http://www.bloggernews.net/110673

Sam Brownback, Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, and Ron Paul each split 4% of the vote, and 19% of those surveyed remain undecided.

I wonder how many of that 19% heard "other" and hung up before they heard the Ron Paul option.......something to think about...

TechnoGuyRob
10-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Disgusting.

ClampIt
10-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Gave my opinion, posted on Rasmussen Phone Poll

# Frank H. Cofer, Jr. Says:
October 6th, 2007 at 5:17 pm

I picked up that the poll was conducted with “other” and not rotated for some candidates. Is this a fact? If so, either you are suffering from the worst case of confirmation bias extant. If not, you need to explain it right away or you need to be removed as a “scientific” opinion source.

undergroundrr
10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
hahaha - check out Scott Rasmussen when asked about Paul's low poll numbers.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzI1OTZkMGI1ZWRkZDEwNDRmZjliYjBiY2U2M2FlNWU=

This definitely deserves some response.

LizF
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Bump...people need to know about this!

dude58677
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
These polls are rigged. That is such a crooked way to poll. And to think they call it "scientific."

We have to digg this!

It's known as pseudoscience.

literatim
10-11-2007, 06:53 PM
A class action lawsuit would go a long way. There is no way these polls are scientific, they are rigged to pull out certain results.

dude58677
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
hahaha - check out Scott Rasmussen when asked about Paul's low poll numbers.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzI1OTZkMGI1ZWRkZDEwNDRmZjliYjBiY2U2M2FlNWU=

This definitely deserves some response.

The average donation was $40. :rolleyes: :D :D :rolleyes: