PDA

View Full Version : North Korea attacking USA (Yeah...sure)

max
07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
So, we are to believe that the North Korean mouse is deliberately picking a fight with the US lion....

I think I'd rather buy the Brooklyn Bridge instead....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31800532/ns/technology_and_science-security/wid/11915829?GT1=40000

James Madison
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
MSNBC is owned by General Electric. What did you expect?

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I laughed when I heard about North Korea's alleged cyber-attack. This is one of the most technologically backward and primitive countries in the world. They pour all of their money into fifty year old military science while their infrastructure crumbles. Granted, it seems to have yielded an atomic bomb they would be lucky to mount on a missile that can fly right.

North Korean cyber-terrorism is just not possible. I would be amazed if they even understood what it means.

sparebulb
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I laughed when I heard about North Korea's alleged cyber-attack. This is one of the most technologically backward and primitive countries in the world. They pour all of their money into fifty year old military science while their infrastructure crumbles. Granted, it seems to have yielded an atomic bomb they would be lucky to mount on a missile that can fly right.

North Korean cyber-terrorism is just not possible. I would be amazed if they even understood what it means.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was under the impression that there was only one phone line going into North Korea. I guess they have a bunch of telephone line splitters and all the terrorist hackers share the dial up modem.

sevin
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I laughed when I saw this. The public is getting more and more gullible all the time. This seems like a lie I would tell to scare a grade school kid, and yet full-grown adults are terrified of N. Korea. They'll willingly let the government take over and regulate the internet just so they'll fee safe. Sad.

james1906
07-08-2009, 05:47 PM
The North Korean post office finally delivered to Kim Jong-il his free AOL trial disc that was mailed out in 1998.

Andrew-Austin
07-08-2009, 05:54 PM
South Korean intelligence officials believe the attacks were carried out by North Korea or pro-Pyongyang forces, but many experts in cyber warfare said it was simply too early to know where the offensive orginated.

South Korea's National Intelligence Service, its principal spy agency, told South Korean lawmakers Wednesday it believes that North Korea or North Korean sympathizers in the South were behind the attacks, according to an aide to one of the lawmakers briefed on the information.

The aide spoke on condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the information. The intelligence service said it could not immediately confirm the report, but it said it was cooperating with American authorities.

The attacks will be difficult to trace, said Professor Peter Sommer, an expert on cyberterrorism at the London School of Economics. "Even if you are right about the fact of being attacked, initial diagnoses are often wrong," he said Wednesday.

---------

South Korea intelligence officials have identified North Korea as a suspect in those attacks and said that the sophistication of the assault suggested it was carried out at a higher level that just rogue or individual hackers.

The Associated Press obtained the target list from security experts analyzing the attacks. It was not immediately clear who might have been responsible or what their motives were.

A hacker, or anyone who conducts a quick google search on the subject, can mask their IP address so it looks like they are in North Korea. They simply have no idea where this attack came from, but the government and media don't mind guessing if they can use it as a chance to rattle out propaganda.

South Korea intelligence officials have identified North Korea as a suspect in those attacks and said that the sophistication of the assault suggested it was carried out at a higher level that just rogue or individual hackers.

I'm having a hard time believing that the North Korean government would necessarily have a greater technological/hacking capacity than any dedicated non-governmental group or individual.

Johnnybags
07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
control act, nothing more. I worry more about that than North Korea. Create panic, then gain control of the sheep. Probably a NYSE cyber attack coordinated by the elite next to scare the sheople into silence. All the News is now scripted.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Sandman33
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Like I've been saying ALL ALONG. You're being told how HORRIBLE N. Korea is by the bullshit media. The truth is that they want NO part of the NWO.

ItsTime
07-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I am sure they could be working with China to do this.

akihabro
07-08-2009, 11:42 PM
This is right up on the top of my threat list along with Y2K. Oh no the world will have to resort to life as it was in 1984 if we suffer an extreme "cyber attack." I deal with "cyber attacks" every week. I try to keep my computer clean of viruses, malware, spyware and unauthorized programs accessing the internet.
My life will minimally be disrupted if it got so bad I had to reformat! All you need to do its not become so dependent on technology that's not 100% reliable.

Brassmouth
07-08-2009, 11:50 PM
The North Koreans use a rotary telephone from the 1980s, given to them by Soviet Russia, to communicate with the soldiers on the DMZ.

Needless to say, they aren't cranking out hackers over there...

I doubt more than 1% of the population have ever seen a computer built within the last 10 years.

Brassmouth
07-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I am sure they could be working with China to do this.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but that article is such obvious propaganda, it just boggles my mind to think that anyone believes it.

sevin
07-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Fox News is "confirming" it.

Brassmouth
07-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Fox News is "confirming" it.

I'm sure it is.

Golden Shield (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Shield_Project), here we come. I've always known the State would commandeer the Internet. It's always been too much of a threat to the Establishment.