PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatric Oppression

InterestedParticipant
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
YouTube - Psychiatry REVEALED!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQveNlsSCuE)

"the wildest colts make the best horses"

www.wildestcolts.com (http://www.wildestcolts.com/)

ramallamamama
07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Subscribed.

InterestedParticipant
07-08-2009, 01:11 PM
You know, this is a great dialectical case study: Technetronics vs. Pharmaceuticals.

So, they bombard our kids with socially engineered technologies (TV, Internet, Mobil Phone, Video Game Devices, etc) that these kids use 10+ hours per day. Worse, they distribute media through these devices that is deliberately and scientifically designed to mess with our humanity. So, our kids develop all sorts of bizarre behavioral symptoms.

We then take them to the psychology/psychiatry profession for assistance and they have been taught to diagnose this behavior as a disease requiring specific pharmaceuticals as treatment.

No one thinks to tell the parents to pull their children off these Technetronic weapons.. to reduce their time in front of them. No, they are directed to spend money on drugs that create new problems, this time physiological.

See how all sides of this framework are controlled? Technetronic weapons used to pump Technetronic media that causes behavior abnormal to humanity, resulting in a diagnosis by a controlled industry who then prescribes chemical weapons on the child. What a spiral of controlled actions.... and what a suite of manufactured dialectics, all moving humanity closer to Huxley's sadistic wet dream.

See how it works? Animals, I tell ya, these perpetrators are not human according to our definition of humanity. But they sure know how to fake it and convince us that they have our best interests at heart.

So, for all those group loving people out there, locked into their idols, I want to know why have none of them share this very obvious observation with you? Why is it some guy sitting on a keyboard some where has to be the one who shows you the reality that's in front of your eyes? Because those organizations that you idol are gatekeepers, that's why... and the soon you figure it out the sooner you will have your freedom back.

ramallamamama
07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
...See how all sides of this framework are controlled? Technetronic weapons used to pump Technetronic media that causes behavior abnormal to humanity, resulting in a diagnosis by a controlled industry who then prescribes chemical weapons on the child. What a spiral of controlled actions.... and what a suite of manufactured dialectics, all moving humanity closer to Huxley's sadistic wet dream.

Benefiting CPS, juvenile courts, big med, big pharma, prison industrial complex, the .mil, resulting in family problems, dumbing down, apathy, etc. Is it accurate to say that this is an upper level dialectic for the underlying eugenics agenda?

moostraks
07-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Benefiting CPS, juvenile courts, big med, big pharma, prison industrial complex, the .mil, resulting in family problems, dumbing down, apathy, etc. Is it accurate to say that this is an upper level dialectic for the underlying eugenics agenda?

absolutely...and I speak this from experience and how the medical community put us through hell because of a "behavior disorder". Behavior disorders are the worst diagnosis to receive because for the offender it allows them to act out without fear of reprisal and they (the offender) ditch the medicine leaving the family responsible for all the damage they cause and in the hot seat for failure to force them to ingest their medication for controling bad behavior. After all the heart ache and cps tying the family's hands regarding discipline, most families are left disillusioned and frustrated (and avoiding having more children) while the offender gains more power and learns how to screw over everyone they come in contact with and likely raising their own little psychopaths.

Good video...I absolutely agree with his opinion and glad to see someone speak out boldly on it. It is a money making racket and destroying the fabric of the family and society at large...

InterestedParticipant
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Yup. Dialectics in every direction imagineable... on top of each other in layer after layer.

I thought about trying to graphically illustrate this stuff, but just seemed too complex and unnecessary. People just need to get the overall concept to see it... the complexities are not of significant added value.

What's important to get is that there are dialectics in Nature made by God, like how a rock pushes against a stream and the stream against a rock. These Natural dialectics is what we've moved away from, as humanity moves toward man-made dialectics...what I've been referring to as manufactured dialectics. Humanity now thinks that these man-made dialectics are organic, as we seem to no longer be able to decipher God created dialectics from man-made ones. And man-made dialectics are used to control and manipulate, that is their primary purpose. So it is these man-made dialectics that we must observe and discuss and be aware of, otherwise we will continue to think that they are organic and organize ourselves according to them. To be free means to see their techniques, and then to chose if we wish to comply with their techniques or not. Right now, we are blind to them, so we have lost our ability to chose.

InterestedParticipant
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
absolutely...and I speak this from experience and how the medical community put us through hell because of a "behavior disorder". Behavior disorders are the worst diagnosis to receive because for the offender it allows them to act out without fear of reprisal and they (the offender) ditch the medicine leaving the family responsible for all the damage they cause and in the hot seat for failure to force them to ingest their medication for controling bad behavior. After all the heart ache and cps tying the family's hands regarding discipline, most families are left disillusioned and frustrated (and avoiding having more children) while the offender gains more power and learns how to screw over everyone they come in contact with and likely raising their own little psychopaths.

Good video...I absolutely agree with his opinion and glad to see someone speak out boldly on it. It is a money making racket and destroying the fabric of the family and society at large...
"behavior disorder"

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, but I just realized when reading your post how interesting the concept of "behavior disorder" is. I mean, how can someone have a "behavior disorder" in a free society? It is nonsensical?

It is the oxymoron of oxymorons.

ramallamamama
07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Threat manufactured, soldiers are sent to 'deal' with it, become traumatized and labeled with ptsd, get stigmatized, lose 2A rights.

InterestedParticipant
07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Threat manufactured, soldiers are sent to 'deal' with it, become traumatized and labeled with ptsd, get stigmatized, lose 2A rights.
Yup.

Fake communist threats created internationally, fake anti-communist groups created domestically, and presidents pushing for huge military industrial complex expenditures to keeps the public safe from the fake threats, all while domestic programs are contained and taxes increased while fake anti-communist groups mop-up anyone who might expose the fake dialectics and bury any information that they might release.

And then we have fake hostage taking in the middle east so they can have fake revolution so that fake islamo-fascists can be created for future creation of the fake terrorism threat as the fake communist threat is wound down as we move toward the merger of the fake communist dialectic with the West.

Shall I continue? We could do this for the next 20 years. Hopefully, people are getting the point.

We can thank so many of those smart boys at Tavistock and the Frankfurt Institute for so many of our modern forms of manufactured reality. They've been working on this stuff for centuries... Plato discuss this junk. But once you let your mind escape their manufactured bars of containment it doesn't take long to tear-down the whole charade.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Fake message board posters whose only purpose is to mislead and confuse the issues?

There are a lot of them on here and I think one "Interested Participant" knows more about this subject than he is ever going to share with us.

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Fake message board posters whose only purpose is to mislead and confuse the issues?

There are a lot of them on here and I think one "Interested Participant" knows more about this subject than he is ever going to share with us.
Did you have a specific substantive comment about the material in this thread, or was this post merely intended as an empty attack on someone who has a different opinion than you on Sibel Edmunds' authenticity?

Please refer to:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2255694&postcount=9

pcosmar
08-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Muddying the Waters.

muddy the waters
to make a situation more confused and less easy to understand or deal with The statistics you quoted didn't prove anything, they simply muddied the waters.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/hands/images/pollock.jpg

Anyone that has looked into MK-Ultra and the related history is well aware.
Anyone who can not see the dangers in the close connection of the Government and Big Pharma is beyond hope.

Anti Federalist
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Funny, the OP, in another thread, running Alex Jones into the dirt.

Dr. John Breeding has been a guest on his show many times, and was where I first learned of his very important work, years ago.

Muddying the Waters.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/hands/images/pollock.jpg

Anyone that has looked into MK-Ultra and the related history is well aware.
Anyone who can not see the dangers in the close connection of the Government and Big Pharma is beyond hope.

Romulus
08-09-2009, 12:49 PM
yes ANTI, I agree.. the OP has some contradictions to deal with.

I'll sum up this thread as the Matrix. People either know their in it and fight it, or not.

The ones who don't are compartmentalized into a false reality and propagate that lie like the plague within the system, infecting others.

Thats why I like the liberty movement.. its not about one man or men, its about the idea of freedom, from something that's hidden in plain sight.

nayjevin
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
So, for all those group loving people out there, locked into their idols, I want to know why have none of them share this very obvious observation with you?

'They' don't share things. Information about the dangers of a society's mindset being pigeonholed by a small group of people in control of media has been available ever since people were carving stone tablets and passing it as law.

Why is it some guy sitting on a keyboard some where has to be the one who shows you the reality that's in front of your eyes?

Uhm, why do you assume the reader just had some great epiphany here? Methinks you're being silly dramatic.

Because those organizations that you idol are gatekeepers, that's why... and the soon you figure it out the sooner you will have your freedom back.

Uh... idolotry of an organization? lol I worship good information, and InterestedParticipant does not seem to be a reliable source of it.

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Uh... idolotry of an organization? lol I worship good information, and InterestedParticipant does not seem to be a reliable source of it.
Please tell us what "reliable" sources of information that you rely upon, as I'm very interested to find out. And how do you know that these sources are indeed reliable?

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 01:09 PM
You know, this is a great dialectical case study: Technetronics vs. Pharmaceuticals.

So, they bombard our kids with socially engineered technologies (TV, Internet, Mobil Phone, Video Game Devices, etc) that these kids use 10+ hours per day. Worse, they distribute media through these devices that is deliberately and scientifically designed to mess with our humanity. So, our kids develop all sorts of bizarre behavioral symptoms.

We then take them to the psychology/psychiatry profession for assistance and they have been taught to diagnose this behavior as a disease requiring specific pharmaceuticals as treatment.

No one thinks to tell the parents to pull their children off these Technetronic weapons.. to reduce their time in front of them. No, they are directed to spend money on drugs that create new problems, this time physiological.

See how all sides of this framework are controlled? Technetronic weapons used to pump Technetronic media that causes behavior abnormal to humanity, resulting in a diagnosis by a controlled industry who then prescribes chemical weapons on the child. What a spiral of controlled actions.... and what a suite of manufactured dialectics, all moving humanity closer to Huxley's sadistic wet dream.

See how it works? Animals, I tell ya, these perpetrators are not human according to our definition of humanity. But they sure know how to fake it and convince us that they have our best interests at heart.

So, for all those group loving people out there, locked into their idols, I want to know why have none of them share this very obvious observation with you? Why is it some guy sitting on a keyboard some where has to be the one who shows you the reality that's in front of your eyes? Because those organizations that you idol are gatekeepers, that's why... and the soon you figure it out the sooner you will have your freedom back.
I ask again from the crowd of people who suddenly descended on this somewhat old thread, what specifically do you agree with or disagree with when reading the above.

There seems to be all sorts of general comments, aimed at discrediting the OP, but nothing of any substance in response to the specific case being made here.

It seems that poster here do not like what I have had to say about Sibel Edmunds or Alex Jones, and are attempting to use this thread as a mechanism of attack. I cannot see any other purpose for these posts so far.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I ask again from the crowd of people who suddenly descended on this somewhat old thread, what specifically do you agree with or disagree with when reading the above.

There seems to be all sorts of general comments, aimed at discrediting the OP, but nothing of any substance in response to the specific case being made here.

It seems that poster here do not like what I have had to say about Sibel Edmunds or Alex Jones, and are attempting to use this thread as a mechanism of attack. I cannot see any other purpose for these posts so far.

Personally, I wasn't trying to discredit you at all... I was just trying to point out that you have discredited yourself.

ramallamamama
08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole dealio.

Always a pleasure to read your stuff.

FreedomFighter8008
08-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Great video! I read a book some years ago called Psychiatrists: The Men Behind Hitler which traced the whole history of psychiatry and their false "science" that resulted in the "Final Question to the Jewish Problem" during WWII -- some of which actually began right here in the U.S. with forced sterilizations of criminals and other "undesireables". One should ignore this data at one's own peril, IMO.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Freudian psychiatry is not very scientific. The Behaviorist school (Skinner) is very scientific. And as always, the validity of the science depends on how the research is excecuted and how the knowlege gained from it is applied.

BenIsForRon
08-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Seriously, if anyone is dumb enough to fall for InterestedParticipants crap, then they deserve to be confused. Maybe InterestedParticipant serves a purpose here: the wacky people love his threads, so now we can know who to ignore!

nayjevin
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Please tell us what "reliable" sources of information that you rely upon, as I'm very interested to find out. And how do you know that these sources are indeed reliable?

My eyeballs, and no, they are not reliable. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_identification)

Also, science (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method) and reason (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic). Individuals who show themselves to have similarly rigid requirements become more reliable in my estimation, which is constantly adapting.

People who make generalizations and don't judge based on the individual are unreliable.

Example:

So, they bombard our kids with socially engineered technologies

'They' is not defined. This is the classic conspiracist's fallacy, wherein the arguer collectivizes the enemy into a group which can thereby be blamed for all evils then seen. Future facts are worth only the extent to which they fit to the already existing paradigm: 'they did it!'

nayjevin
08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Seriously, if anyone is dumb enough to fall for InterestedParticipants crap, then they deserve to be confused. Maybe InterestedParticipant serves a purpose here: the wacky people love his threads, so now we can know who to ignore!

Many of his arguments contain truth, making it dangerous. There are systems of informational control that have been developed and are likely currently used. There are moles, informants, agent provocateurs.

Lumping it all into a 'they' bogeyman and thinking it pervades everything is just silly, unless of course evidence warrants it.

IP's MO is to avoid the pesky details of evidence, however, and remain in the realm of abstract speculation -- where an unproven, indefinable, illegitimate fear can more easily take hold.

Just the facts, man!

Optatron
08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't like to criticize psychiatry because that gives the impression I care about Scientologists or have compassion for people.

Blueskies
08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
People who are against psychiatry either:

1) Don't know anything about psychiatry or have never met a psychiatrist

or

2) Don't know any mentally ill people

I have both in my family, mentally ill and psychiatrists (ironically enough).

Have you ever talked to someone who sees purple people that follow them around? Ever met a kid who really has ADHD? To the point where they fidget uncontrollably when they are forced to sit still and consequently do really odd things like bite/tear their clothing?

Yeah, psychiatric drugs are probably over-prescribed to a large degree, but this is often the fault of parents/people who demand the drugs themselves.

"Give me Ritalin for my kid!"
"No, he doesn't need it."
"Fine I'll go to another doctor."

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Many of his arguments contain truth, making it dangerous. There are systems of informational control that have been developed and are likely currently used. There are moles, informants, agent provocateurs.

Lumping it all into a 'they' bogeyman and thinking it pervades everything is just silly, unless of course evidence warrants it.

IP's MO is to avoid the pesky details of evidence, however, and remain in the realm of abstract speculation -- where an unproven, indefinable, illegitimate fear can more easily take hold.

Just the facts, man!

My eyeballs, and no, they are not reliable. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_identification)

Also, science (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method) and reason (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic). Individuals who show themselves to have similarly rigid requirements become more reliable in my estimation, which is constantly adapting.

People who make generalizations and don't judge based on the individual are unreliable.

'They' is not defined. This is the classic conspiracist's fallacy, wherein the arguer collectivizes the enemy into a group which can thereby be blamed for all evils then seen. Future facts are worth only the extent to which they fit to the already existing paradigm: 'they did it!'
The material to backup my statements can be found inside books and reference materials authored by key social actors such as Marx, Ted Adorno, Max Horkheimer, Herb Markuse, Jacques Ellul, and many others. The dilemma one faces is that this material is extensive, and is widely unread as I have found here. So, I am forced to keeps statements at a relatively high level, otherwise, we're talking about having to engage in a multi-year educations project. However, if people wish to delve into the supporting material, I have repeatedly supported this process and offered reference material suggestions and further assistance when ever someone is interested.

So, for someone who has not read the material to summarily state that my statements are some how false is being intellectually dishonest and/or utterly naive.

nayjevin
08-09-2009, 02:33 PM
The material to backup my statements can be found inside books and reference materials authored by key social actors such as Marx, Ted Adorno, Max Horkheimer, Herb Markuse, Jacques Ellul, and many others. The dilemma one faces is that this material is extensive, and is widely unread as I have found here. So, I am forced to keeps statements at a relatively high level, otherwise, we're talking about having to engage in a multi-year educations project. However, if people wish to delve into the supporting material, I have repeatedly supported this process and offered reference material suggestions and further assistance when ever someone is interested.

So, for someone who has not read the material to summarily state that my statements are some how false is being intellectually dishonest and/or utterly naive.

so you are mad that you have to spoonfeed us, but you won't spoonfeed us.

you have taken it upon yourself to slay big dragons. you have chosen to be 'the guy' on this forum who can say 'it's even more controlled than that!' to anyone else here.

so you come at it from an angle of 'hello all, I have been sent here from the depths of the rabbit hole to teach you the ways of the NWO ninja'

you make broad generalizations that do not stand to scrutiny, then say 'well if you had read all the books I have you would agree'

I probably would agree with the studies in 'all those books' that you didn't link to, but I do not agree with the conclusions you have drawn -- because you have not demonstrated these conclusions adhere to logic. there seems to be a lot of gray area that you are unwilling to specifically cite/source/reference.

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I recently started a thread called Libertarianism as Cult (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204511) to discuss this very matter: Is RPF a place where only certain belief systems are accepted and all others are attacked and ridiculed (ie ostracized), or do Libertarians cherish tolerance as a means to personal liberty.

It's quite clear from this particular post that there are some here who think that their belief structure is the authorized belief structure and that others are to be labelled, branded as castoffs. This seems to me to be the behavior evident in other forums inside other political spectrums.

BenIsForRon
08-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Dude, go ahead and consider yourself oppressed. You don't have a fucking philosophy, you're just spouting off whatever crazy idea you have in you head.

I actually have different philosophies than many people on this board, but we get along just fine because we discuss it rationally, discussing facts and past events. We can even handle one or two personal insults and still maintain conversation.

Like Deborah K, she basically called me a pussy the other day but I'm not whining about it.

Anti Federalist
08-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Brilliantly skewered.

Well done.

you have taken it upon yourself to slay big dragons. you have chosen to be 'the guy' on this forum who can say 'it's even more controlled than that!' to anyone else here.

so you come at it from an angle of 'hello all, I have been sent here from the depths of the rabbit hole to teach you the ways of the NWO ninja'

you make broad generalizations that do not stand to scrutiny, then say 'well if you had read all the books I have you would agree'

I probably would agree with the studies in 'all those books' that you didn't link to, but I do not agree with the conclusions you have drawn -- because you have not demonstrated these conclusions adhere to logic. there seems to be a lot of gray area that you are unwilling to specifically cite/source/reference.

Deborah K
08-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Dude, go ahead and consider yourself oppressed. You don't have a fucking philosophy, you're just spouting off whatever crazy idea you have in you head.

I actually have different philosophies than many people on this board, but we get along just fine because we discuss it rationally, discussing facts and past events. We can even handle one or two personal insults and still maintain conversation.

Like Deborah K, she basically called me a pussy the other day but I'm not whining about it.

Sorry Ben. :o

Optatron
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM

or

Have you ever talked to someone who sees purple people that follow them around? Ever met a kid who really has ADHD? To the point where they fidget uncontrollably when they are forced to sit still and consequently do really odd things like bite/tear their clothing?

Yeah, psychiatric drugs are probably over-prescribed to a large degree, but this is often the fault of parents/people who demand the drugs themselves.

"Give me Ritalin for my kid!"
"No, he doesn't need it."
"Fine I'll go to another doctor."

I couldn't say it better myself.

the logic would be the same if one cherry picked police brutality to imply that the police force in general is unnecessary or evil.

They'll ask the familiar question :
"Why don't policemen, correctional officers or prison guards ever tell us when a person is CURED?"

This implies that because we never know when a person is perfectly free from intention or possibility of crime, therefore we shouldn't judge their behavior or punish them.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 03:56 PM

While I don't personally know any mentally ill people, I don't claim to know what's best for them, just because I enjoy being sane doesn't mean I should expect them to become sane or "normal".

Yes, I am saying that mentally ill people are sometimes simply societal constructs that people judge with a standard, and they're probably happily "ill".

At least I'm willing to admit the cost of freedom and the benefits of oppression, how many of you others can?

brandon
08-09-2009, 04:17 PM

or

I was one of the kids that the guy talks about in the video. Because I didn't do my homework in elementary school and I had a lot of energy, teachers and doctors convinced my mom I was sick(ADD). I spent several years on different anti-depressants and amphetamines in the attempt to make me "behave right."

Psychiatry does much more harm than good.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I was one of the kids that the guy talks about in the video. Because I didn't do my homework in elementary school and I had a lot of energy, teachers and doctors convinced my mom I was sick(ADD). I spent several years on different anti-depressants and amphetamines in the attempt to make me "behave right."

that's the ABUSE of psychiatry's harm and the dependence on authority, not psychiatry itself.

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM

I'm not here to spoon feed anyone.

If you're unwilling to follow up on source materials, and continue to listen to 3rd party interpreters of source material, then you're going to continue to be uneducated, confused and exploited. It's that simple.

But go ahead with the little childish jabs, they're really effective. Just not in the way that you intend them to be.

Deborah K
08-09-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm not here to spoon feed anyone.

If you're unwilling to follow up on source materials, and continue to listen to 3rd party interpreters of source material, then you're going to continue to be uneducated, confused and exploited. It's that simple.

But go ahead with the little childish jabs, they're really effective. Just not in the way that you intend them to be.

What about your jabs IP? :rolleyes:

Blueskies
08-09-2009, 06:17 PM

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I strongly disagree with your conclusion.

You were given drugs that you didn't need. Mild amphetamines and some anti-depressants. What are the negative consequences of that? Marginal liver damage--sucks, but its not major.

Now what are the consequences for people that are truly ill and do not get treatment?

I had a friend who has an uncle that is truly schizophrenic. Last I heard, he had purposely destroyed his 3rd car because he was convinced the FBI had placed listening devices in it.

I have an aunt that vandalized major property because she went off her meds.

I've heard stories through my family members that work in the mental health field of people who are so irrationally afraid of others that they refuse to leave their house. Consequently, they can never hold jobs.

Or Bipolars who blow through their entire bank accounts on useless crap during a "high" phase.

The mentally ill that do not get treatment often end up homeless, or destroy their lives/the lives of the people around them.

nayjevin
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM

Make a list of links to source material you find relevant instead of attempting to be my 3rd party interpreter.

PatriotOne
08-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Make a list of links to source material you find relevant instead of attempting to be my 3rd party interpreter.

But to give you a list of source material would expose his sources and you got to remember that he is the guy that claims EVERYONE is controlled so he's got a problem eh? He wants everyone to think he just absorbed all his knowledge by osmosis or something and not by reading or listening to anyone else because they are ALL controlled :eek:.

pcosmar
08-09-2009, 08:00 PM
But to give you a list of source material would expose his sources and you got to remember that he is the guy that claims EVERYONE is controlled so he's got a problem eh? He wants everyone to think he just absorbed all his knowledge by osmosis or something and not by reading or listening to anyone else because they are ALL controlled :eek:.

Naw, It's some proffesor in Sckool (sic). He said so in an earlier tirade.

Every time he starts I just hear "my daddy said". :rolleyes:

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I generally do so in my posts. If someone asks about a specific resource, I always follow up in that thread.

All the answers are out there, people just have to get off their lazy butts and find them.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I strongly disagree with your conclusion.

You were given drugs that you didn't need. Mild amphetamines and some anti-depressants. What are the negative consequences of that? Marginal liver damage--sucks, but its not major.

Now what are the consequences for people that are truly ill and do not get treatment?

I had a friend who has an uncle that is truly schizophrenic. Last I heard, he had purposely destroyed his 3rd car because he was convinced the FBI had placed listening devices in it.

I have an aunt that vandalized major property because she went off her meds.

I've heard stories through my family members that work in the mental health field of people who are so irrationally afraid of others that they refuse to leave their house. Consequently, they can never hold jobs.

Or Bipolars who blow through their entire bank accounts on useless crap during a "high" phase.

The mentally ill that do not get treatment often end up homeless, or destroy their lives/the lives of the people around them.

Blueskies- your observations are accurate. I totally destryoyed my net worth because I didn't know I had brain damage. 15 years to build it up - three to tear it down.

Bipolars and Schizophrenics - I hear you. You left out those with PTSD or chronic brain damage and ADD due to early child abuse - I think the numbers of those afflicted in this way are even higher.

Those who are "normal" can't even begin to understand what a real, honest-to-God chemical imbalance or brain injury can do to you.

Love, Light, and mutual prayers.
Paula

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
i generally do so in my posts. If someone asks about a specific resource, i always follow up in that thread.

All the answers are out there, people just have to get off their lazy butts and find them.

you lie

Andrew-Austin
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I recently started a thread called Libertarianism as Cult (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204511) to discuss this very matter: Is RPF a place where only certain belief systems are accepted and all others are attacked and ridiculed (ie ostracized), or do Libertarians cherish tolerance as a means to personal liberty.

It's quite clear from this particular post that there are some here who think that their belief structure is the authorized belief structure and that others are to be labelled, branded as castoffs. This seems to me to be the behavior evident in other forums inside other political spectrums.

Has anyone ever told you that you're insane. I think you need a psychiatrist to prescribe a whole rainbow of pills so you can get over this whole "I see whatever I want to see" thing.

"Andrew-Austin is proof of how well people have been 'programed' by the media, and in the face of my rigorous regurgitation of conjecture his ego is now trying to defend his 'conditioned' world view. Blah, blah.. Blabbity blark."

The problem with people like you is you see something that is going wrong, or something that is not perfectly ideal to you, and you imagine this whole elaborate and dramatic story as to why. Sometimes the simplest explanation is best, for example, my first two sentences were not actually serious I was just trying to annoy you.

Regrading some of the responses you have received in this thread, people will be inclined to be skeptical of your posts if in the past you came across as irrational and overly paranoid. I might very well have a mostly negative opinion on the field of psychiatry, but I'm certainly not going to invest any time reading books that you recommend. Nothing personal, you just have established a history of sounding like one of those people who think "there is a matrix inside of the matrix which is inside of another matrix" religious conspiracy theorists. See I don't have all that much time, time being pretty scarce. Instead of reading Marx or Adorno, I'd rather play video games and read books recommended to me by more credible people.

Regarding the so called 'cult' on this forum. Forums are where generally like minded people gather. Being like minded, they tend to also share favorable opinions of 'ideological' leaders such as Rockwell and Paul. Holding certain opinions, they will tend to disagree with others who hold different perspectives. Their time being scarce, they will rarely feel like wading through every facet of their disagreement. Pretty simple shit. If Adorno or Jacques Ellul could manage to see something more complicated and dramatic going on here, I'm not interested in reading their books. I'm capable of understanding the social mechanics behind Ron Paul forums just fine, without reading about the history of "manufactured dialectics" or whatever.

I agree, given that your perspective on "them" is valid, "they" are not humans but omnipotent Gods who can centrally plan everything.

Or do Libertarians cherish tolerance as a means to personal liberty?

Libertarians tolerate people just fine, but they also embrace their own person liberty to disagree with others.

You are being tolerated just fine. The few liberals and non-liberty orientated people who come to this forum are also tolerated. Meaning they are not banned, and we acknowledge their right to dissent. What you are really taking issue with is that people are just disagreeing with you. And the idea that we have to either agree with others or reject personal liberty makes no sense whatsoever.

BenIsForRon
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
^I have

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Afraid of leaving the cave?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204632

yongrel
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
If anyone is interested in Thomas Szasz, he's worth looking into. His old writings particularly are a worthwhile read. He's very critical of institutions of power in society, which is pretty groovy. I don't subscribe to his theory of neurology, but he makes valid comments about our overly-diagnostic mental health system.

However, it is EXTREMELY important to note that modern-day Thomas Szasz and his followers are closely allied with the Church of Scientology. Much of the research grant money and awards given to scholars of this specific school of though comes directly from the CoS and the various evils therein.

Beware.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Afraid of leaving the cave?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204632

No, what really terrifies us is getting stuck in the cave WITH YOU!!!

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
No, what really terrifies us is getting stuck in the cave WITH YOU!!!
Well, now isn't that being honest, for in the actual story as written by Plato, the cave dwellers actually turn-on and kill the ones who come back from outside to rescue those remaining in the cave. The cave dwellers are so stupefied and scared by those that have seen the real world that they kill them rather than believe them.

We're witnessing that play out right here, albeit in the virtual world.

InterestedParticipant
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
If anyone is interested in Thomas Szasz, he's worth looking into. His old writings particularly are a worthwhile read. He's very critical of institutions of power in society, which is pretty groovy. I don't subscribe to his theory of neurology, but he makes valid comments about our overly-diagnostic mental health system.

However, it is EXTREMELY important to note that modern-day Thomas Szasz and his followers are closely allied with the Church of Scientology. Much of the research grant money and awards given to scholars of this specific school of though comes directly from the CoS and the various evils therein.

Beware.
I admit that I am not a close follower of the Church, but why would Scientoloy be allied with someone who published writings that are critical of institutional power? Isn't the church all about institutional power?

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 09:35 PM

Beware.

I am a Psych-Savant and a Psych-major. One of the most interesting experiences I had in school was watching the personal development of one of my professors over the years. It took me 10 years to complete a B.S. because I was busy learning the real lessons of life at the same time I was going to school.

My sophomore year I took psycho 201 from Dr. Fazio. He was really and totally involved in Skinner and behaviorism. The Messiah coudn't have been more relevant.

At the junior level - my year 7 or 8 I took abnormal psych from the same prof in summer school. He spoke of Freud and Jung. He admitted that psychology was more art form than schience in its actual practice and you had to understand all of the theories. I was really impressed.

Unfortunately, when it got around to the subject of religion, it was obvious that Dr. Fazio had issues with is Catholic upbringing and was definitely anti-religion. I had discovered the beauty of Christian Fellowship but did not yet comprehend the darkness of church history, so I was pretty much pro-religion.

In one lecture Dr. F. sort of went off on the negative tangent, telling about how bad God and religion were and he used the book of Job as an illustration. I had just read a Good News translation that explained how the Book of Job was a morality play. It also went into the historic context of the book and the concept of Satan (Satan did not become the Devil until after the Babylonian exile and the entry of Zoroastrian dichotomies into Jewish theology).

I raised my hand, he called on me, and timid- sudent- like I tried to explain all of this to him. He blew me off - I was pissed - I scrawled all over one page of my notes " Dr. F. is not objective concerning religion".

Summer classes are long. They have to have a break in the middle. During the Break Dr. F sat down right behind me, looked over my shoulder and read my note. I was MORTIFIED!!!

But he was cool, he agreed to re-evaluate the Book of Job if I would bring in the translation I was referring to. A week or two later, in front of the whole class, he admitted that his interpretation was incorrect.

The moral of this story is ..... psychologists are human. They are trying very hard to understand and find a predictable pattern in the mind of the human species. The wise ones among them will admit that this is something that they may not be able to do, but do not criticize them for when they do their best and direct their efforts at healing the psychic pain of humanity.

Love & Light
Paula

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I admit that I am not a close follower of the Church, but why would Scientoloy be allied with someone who published writings that are critical of institutional power? Isn't the church all about institutional power?

Scientology is pseudo-church and pseudo-science. It is a personality and power cult. Psychiatry is their tar-baby. They have pseudo-IQ tests that dupe people into thinking they are beings of superior enightement and intellect and all they have to do is purchase enough training for this pseudo-intellect and they will become one of the chosen people.

Pure unmitigated B.S.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Well, now isn't that being honest, for in the actual story as written by Plato, the cave dwellers actually turn-on and kill the ones who come back from outside to rescue those remaining in the cave. The cave dwellers are so stupefied and scared by those that have seen the real world that they kill them rather than believe them.

We're witnessing that play out right here, albeit in the virtual world.

Honey, I'm not talking about ancient history - I'm talking about the fact that you are offensive to anyone on here who is processing the contents on this site in an intellectually honest fashion.

PaulaGem
08-09-2009, 09:47 PM
IP - you don't know anything about the Church. you don't know anything about a pseudo religious movement that clusters of Hollywood stars use to center their life, you don't know Jung from Freud from Skinner but you think you can pontificate on the nature of of psychology. You've read a few pages of Plato - and that is your basis for correcting me?

Get real.

InterestedParticipant
08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Honey, I'm not talking about ancient history - I'm talking about the fact that you are offensive to anyone on here who is processing the contents on this site in an intellectually honest fashion.
And we are to assume that you and the others that you refer to have a monopoly on this "intellectual honesty." If that is in fact the case, then please explain why it is this group's unique set of life experiences and education that allow them to be in this special group? How many of these people grew up outside the systems of control, such as public schooling or other institutions of learning?

My unique set of life experiences and education give me unique perspective, that is all. For some reason, this scares you so much that you have felt it necessary to piss on me and any one of my thread that you find convenient to piss on.

We're different. Big deal. Embrace it!

Deborah K
08-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I am a Psych-Savant and a Psych-major. One of the most interesting experiences I had in school was watching the personal development of one of my professors over the years. It took me 10 years to complete a B.S. because I was busy learning the real lessons of life at the same time I was going to school.

My sophomore year I took psycho 201 from Dr. Fazio. He was really and totally involved in Skinner and behaviorism. The Messiah coudn't have been more relevant.

At the junior level - my year 7 or 8 I took abnormal psych from the same prof in summer school. He spoke of Freud and Jung. He admitted that psychology was more art form than schience in its actual practice and you had to understand all of the theories. I was really impressed.

Unfortunately, when it got around to the subject of religion, it was obvious that Dr. Fazio had issues with is Catholic upbringing and was definitely anti-religion. I had discovered the beauty of Christian Fellowship but did not yet comprehend the darkness of church history, so I was pretty much pro-religion.

In one lecture Dr. F. sort of went off on the negative tangent, telling about how bad God and religion were and he used the book of Job as an illustration. I had just read a Good News translation that explained how the Book of Job was a morality play. It also went into the historic context of the book and the concept of Satan (Satan did not become the Devil until after the Babylonian exile and the entry of Zoroastrian dichotomies into Jewish theology).

I raised my hand, he called on me, and timid- sudent- like I tried to explain all of this to him. He blew me off - I was pissed - I scrawled all over one page of my notes " Dr. F. is not objective concerning religion".

Summer classes are long. They have to have a break in the middle. During the Break Dr. F sat down right behind me, looked over my shoulder and read my note. I was MORTIFIED!!!

But he was cool, he agreed to re-evaluate the Book of Job if I would bring in the translation I was referring to. A week or two later, in front of the whole class, he admitted that his interpretation was incorrect.

The moral of this story is ..... psychologists are human. They are trying very hard to understand and find a predictable pattern in the mind of the human species. The wise ones among them will admit that this is something that they may not be able to do, but do not criticize them for when they do their best and direct their efforts at healing the psychic pain of humanity.

Love & Light
Paula

A B.S.? I have a B.A. in Behavioral Science with a minor in Addictive Disorders. I wasn't aware that they are now categorizing psychology under the field of science? :confused:

acptulsa
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
A B.S.? I have a B.A. in Behavioral Science with a minor in Addictive Disorders. I wasn't aware that they are now categorizing psychology under the field of science? :confused:

They have for years. My mother has a B.S. in psyche from circa 1950.

I always found the phrase 'a B.S. in psychology' to be strangely honest for a term from academia... :p

Deborah K
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
They have for years. My mother has a B.S. in psyche from circa 1950.

I always found the phrase 'a B.S. in psychology' to be strangely honest for a term from academia... :p

Yeah I just looked it up. Some Universities offer both. Never knew dat.

powerofreason
08-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Sensible Pro-Psychiatry thread in Grassroots Central: Anti-Psychiatry Ignorance Within the Pro-Liberty Movement: Lies, Stupidity, Denial (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204637). Drink in the knowledge.