PDA

View Full Version : Petition to stop the funding of planned parenthood

WarDog
07-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Add your name to the group of 2575 people who have already signed using the Internet!

Your Tax Dollars are Paying for Abortions!

It’s happening again — Congress is gearing up to provide hundreds of millions of YOUR tax dollars to fund Planned Parenthood. The nation’s largest abortion provider received $350 million in taxpayer funds last year alone. And, you can be certain, they will be asking for more — more taxpayer funds to provide abortions — to target teens — and to push the dangerous abortion pill RU-486. Stand with the ACLJ to send a powerful message to Congress: NO MORE FUNDING for Planned Parenthood. Please read the form below carefully and declare your membership with the ACLJ by adding your name to our Petition to Stop the Funding of Planned Parenthood.
PETITION TO
STOP THE FUNDING OF
PLANNED PARENTHOOD

https://www.aclj.org/Petition/Default.aspx?sc=3460&ac=1

Brian in Maryland
07-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Done.

muh_roads
07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
If your wife was raped by some dirty ugly minority you would be thankful for RU-486. It still baffles me how preventing the seed from taking root gets people so upset. It essentially just induces a woman's period.

Having said that whether you are on the choice or anti-choice side this should not be partisan. Nothing should be funded by the government except for military. I side with choice but people should pay for their own dilemmas.

Signed.

specsaregood
07-08-2009, 10:35 AM
For the most part, I don't think the elected officials care about petitions esp. online petitions.
If you really want to change, find out where your elected rep lives, then go door to door in their neighborhood handing out flyers.

dannno
07-08-2009, 10:38 AM
RU-486 is dangerous how?

Obviously I agree govt. shouldn't be funding it, but not because it is 'dangerous'..

muh_roads
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
RU-486 is dangerous how?

Obviously I agree govt. shouldn't be funding it, but not because it is 'dangerous'..

exactly. lifer scare tactics.

I'm sure taking it every day wouldn't exactly be healthy but nobody does that.

dannno
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
exactly. lifer scare tactics.

I'm sure taking it every day wouldn't exactly be healthy but nobody does that.

Ya i'm pretty sure a woman could have unprotected sex every day of her life and only need it once a month... of course there are plenty of other options including all natural ones..

But does it really have to be a minority raping your wife for you to be upset? I mean, what about this guy?

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/homeless-coder.jpg

Reason
07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
NO.

youngbuck
07-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Signed.

TonySutton
07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Does it really matter how a bandit spends your money after you are robbed? I will sign a petition to stop the bandit from robbing me.

Optatron
07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd much rather pay to reduce births than to pay for births.

Abortion is a one time deal, but a birth is a life's commitment or a societal burden until a person's dead (from food, shelter to education).

Why would I want to prevent a woman from aborting a child if she herself knows she can't handle it?

Optatron
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
RU-486 is dangerous how?

I believe the government should fund whatever is the most socially responsible and acceptable "solution" to a "problem".