PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad's Speech Today at Columbia

rodent
09-24-2007, 01:53 PM

ronpaulitician
09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
The only thing he said that was questionable and crazy was that he didn't believe there were homosexuals in Iran.
That statement alone puts everything he says into question...

Elwar
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
The neocons will not want to attack Iran...they will want to study them, to find out how to get rid of homosexuals.

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
We're talking about this in general politics. Some are saying that the attittude towards gays is part of their culture and religion which is probably true. I don't really know much about their way of life. Some things they believe in might seem crazy to us, but it shouldn't be up to us to tell them how to live.

Elwar
I would also love to call Sean Hannity and ask him if we should treat the Iranian people the way he wants us to treat their president. Ask him if the government of a Democracy is separate from its people.

Is it the actions of the Iranian people that would cause us to go to war with them, or the policies of their government?

awigo50
"I think the most important question he asked was why the Palestinian people are suffering for an event (the holocaust) that they had nothing to do with."

Because the ottoman empire lost in WWI.

Paulitician
I'm not defending the guy (I don't really know anything about him, and personally don't care. I know that he was misquoted about "wiping Israel off the map" though), but I find it funny how easily people are drinking the media's propaganda about him and Iran in general. You think we would have learned after Iraq...

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
ohh.. here's Duncan Hunter. What a moron. Aint he being investigated for CORRUPTION? lol

rodent
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Syren123
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
The US is different in that collectivist politics tend to get a lot of press. It's almost as if the media is intent on using divisive distinctions like race and sexual preferences in the US to take the people's minds off of real political issues, like the preservation of the constitution.

And that strategy is working brilliantly.

rodent
09-24-2007, 02:14 PM

ronpaulitician
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Iran might not actually be aware of the oppression of homosexuals because the press there may simply not bring attention to it.
I don't buy that. I believe homosexuality is being oppressed from the highest level of the Iranian government, and that individuals in Iran are being executed merely for their homosexuality.

hopeforamerica
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
The neocons will not want to attack Iran...they will want to study them, to find out how to get rid of homosexuals.

OMG...I am laughing so hard!

BarryDonegan
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
farsi is a prime language, some things just don't translate well to english. theres a great possibility he meant something to the effect that the ISSUE of homosexuality doesn't exist in Iran.

its pretty commonly known that man on man sex acts are very common in arab culture, especially amongst muslims. man on man recreational sexual intercourse is to islamic culture as teenage anal sex or oral sex is to catholic culture. its a form of sexual recreation that some of the rogue members of the religion do to "technically" follow the letter of what they call "religious sexual laws" while still doing high risk, promiscuous behavior.

homosexuality itself moreso speaks to the exclusive sexual activity between same gender. i think in arab culture its more of a bisexuality thing... and its far less taboo. so he may mean something to the effect of "homosexuality isn't a problem" in the sense that many of the "homosexuals" in iran are also married, and its not considered homosexuality on an official basis.

BTW, i meant none of that as a criticism, i don't personally feel your sexuality relates much to religion, and i dont see any of the religious texts as specifically indicating that it does.

Syren123
09-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Rodent...
Homosexuals have existed throughout history. Let's not even get into the ancient Greeks. It's obviously much more than a cultural influence. Why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay when there is so much stigma and they have been so persecuted and discriminated against in nearly every culture throughout history? Why put yourself through that? At least that is what a gay man said to me once and it makes alot of sense.

There's some study about something that happens in the womb at a particular point in gestation (an estrogen 'wave') that could be a cause...who knows. And who cares?! People just need to be left alone. I'm sick of the gay bashing and religious intolerance - it's absurd.

Syren123
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
farsi is a prime language, some things just don't translate well to english. theres a great possibility he meant something to the effect that the ISSUE of homosexuality doesn't exist in Iran.

its pretty commonly known that man on man sex acts are very common in arab culture, especially amongst muslims. man on man recreational sexual intercourse is to islamic culture as teenage anal sex or oral sex is to catholic culture. its a form of sexual recreation that some of the rogue members of the religion do to "technically" follow the letter of what they call "religious sexual laws" while still doing high risk, promiscuous behavior.

homosexuality itself moreso speaks to the exclusive sexual activity between same gender. i think in arab culture its more of a bisexuality thing... and its far less taboo. so he may mean something to the effect of "homosexuality isn't a problem" in the sense that many of the "homosexuals" in iran are also married, and its not considered homosexuality on an official basis.

BTW, i meant none of that as a criticism, i don't personally feel your sexuality relates much to religion, and i dont see any of the religious texts as specifically indicating that it does.

That's interesting. Sounds completely plausible.

Nefertiti
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM

Besides Lawrence of Arabia, can you provide any evidence for this statement?

JMann
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm glad the Columbia U guy treated the killer with all due respect.

Phil M
09-24-2007, 02:32 PM
As much as I hate this guy and his theocratic government for trampling on personal and economic rights, as far as international relations go I would rather trust a government that hasn't waged an aggressive war in decades over a government that makes it a national pastime to bomb third world countries.

JMann
09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
As much as I hate this guy and his theocratic government for trampling on personal and economic rights, as far as international relations go I would rather trust a government that hasn't waged an aggressive war in decades over a government that makes it a national pastime to bomb third world countries.

Whatever playa hata. You would support a guy the murders people at the drop of a hat? Some of Paul's supports have a sick and twisted view of America, which is very unfortunate and these extremist supporters very much may cost Paul the election. America bad, Iran good. Good luck with all that.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Let the man address us.

We're sitting here threatening them for not listening to us, and then getting mad when we have to listen to them.

Pure bullshit.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Whatever playa hata. You would support a guy the murders people at the drop of a hat? Some of Paul's supports have a sick and twisted view of America, which is very unfortunate and these extremist supporters very much may cost Paul the election. America bad, Iran good. Good luck with all that.

It's not America bad, Iran good. It's We've got a problem with this guy. We can bomb them, or try to udnerstand the problem.

You don't understand the problem unless you hear the guy speak.

Why is this concept so hard for people?

amberj
That statement alone puts everything he says into question...

I'm not so sure about that. I work with a guy from India and he told me that there weren't any gay people in India. Of course he also said that if someone "came out" as gay, they would be beaten to death... and to be perfectly honest, I think he was joking, but I'm not 100% sure that he was. Anyways, he told me that they start at a very young age, teaching that homosexuality is not natural and if someone is or might be homosexual, they are "converted" (that is my understanding of what he meant anyway).

ItsTime
I thought the homosexual remark was a joke, he was laughing the hole time

angelatc
09-24-2007, 02:43 PM
OMG...I am laughing so hard!

Me too. WHen he was talking I thought "Well, that's one thing the Muslims and the Christians can agree on."

Phil M
09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Whatever playa hata. You would support a guy the murders people at the drop of a hat?

Nice straw man argument you got there.

Some of Paul's supports have a sick and twisted view of America, which is very unfortunate and these extremist supporters very much may cost Paul the election.

Ah, and an ad hominem to boot. I've never had the honor of being considered one of the tinfoilers before. Judging that I don't want to eliminate the Federal Reserve, build a border fence, reinvestigate 9/11, and want to keep troops in South Korea, I don't think I'll be considered one too many more times.

America bad, Iran good. Good luck with all that.

No, you misunderstand me. Bush, Clinton, and Bush bad, Iran not being likely at all to attack the US or Israel good.

I recommend that next time you attack someone you give reasons for why their position is wrong.

JMann
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
"I recommend that next time you attack someone you give reasons for why their position is wrong."

You gave plenty of reason to 'attack' you in your insane post that would more or less turn off anyone most any main stream voter that was coming on to this site to figure out what Ron Paul was about. The Cindy Sheehan group isn't going to get Paul elected.

If you think the dude in Iran is a more moral person than Bush, Clinton, Bush you are clearly just a fool.

JMann
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
It's not America bad, Iran good. It's We've got a problem with this guy. We can bomb them, or try to udnerstand the problem.

No problem inviting him to speak to be called out for the mass murderer that he is as it is clear the president of Columbia decided to do. He is killing American kids as we type our insignificant opinions right now.

Santana28
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM

i dont know about iran but i have a friend who served in afghanistan and she has sooooo many stories of the men wearing makeup, holding hands, and all sorts of sordid activities which seem to be the norm there.

as far as iran is concerned - the point is, they are their own sovereign nation and they hold their own future in their hand. if they want that persecution to change, it is up to them.

i'm convinced that it was another translation error, a la the "wipe israel off the map" quote they constantly attribute to him.

Phil M
09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
"I recommend that next time you attack someone you give reasons for why their position is wrong."

You gave plenty of reason to 'attack' you in your insane post that would more or less turn off anyone most any main stream voter that was coming on to this site to figure out what Ron Paul was about. The Cindy Sheehan group isn't going to get Paul elected.

If you think the dude in Iran is a more moral person than Bush, Clinton, Bush you are clearly just a fool.

Ad hominem, straw man, argument from personal incredulity. Seriously, back up your claims with some evidence.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
No problem inviting him to speak to be called out for the mass murderer that he is as it is clear the president of Columbia decided to do. He is killing American kids as we type our insignificant opinions right now.

He's less responsible for those deaths than Bush is. Refute that statement and I'll cherfully respond.

Phil M
09-24-2007, 02:58 PM

Wait a sec, he's a mass murderer? Link please?

Mordechai Vanunu
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone know if this speech is online yet?

mikelovesgod
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
The homosexual issue at large is a complete bout of misinformation. There is no culture before the 20th that had wide-spread homosexuality. The closest you can come is the Greeks, who were actually pedophiles and one of their conditions was that the boy was to have no pubic hair.

Homosexuality has no identifiable traits, and is a psychological issue. The APA used to classify it as a mental disorder, but once it became widespread it was considered normal under certain circumstances. It's commensurate with making heart disease normal when enough people have it. The modern American Psychological Association is insane with their classifications as they have gone so far as to classify pedophilia as normative if the child doesn't react negatively.

The bottom line is those cultures that have high morality standards don't have widespread homosexuality and affects less than .3% and that small # is "in the closet", hence no homosexuality that is public. The guy may be more sane that you people realize. You just haven't studied the history of homosexuality, which, there really isn't much of a history, just of pedophiles.

BenIsForRon
09-24-2007, 03:46 PM
^You, sir, are completely retarded. Let me refer you to this article on Bonobos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobos (read the section on sexual behavior)

Homosexuality predates humans, but you probably don't believe in evolution, so I guess that doesn't help.

Homosexuality has no identifiable traits, and is a psychological issue.

No identifiable traits? How about two dudes having sex with each other? That's pretty identifiable.

SewrRatt
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
The homosexual issue at large is a complete bout of misinformation. There is no culture before the 20th that had wide-spread homosexuality. The closest you can come is the Greeks, who were actually pedophiles and one of their conditions was that the boy was to have no pubic hair.

Homosexuality has no identifiable traits, and is a psychological issue. The APA used to classify it as a mental disorder, but once it became widespread it was considered normal under certain circumstances. It's commensurate with making heart disease normal when enough people have it. The modern American Psychological Association is insane with their classifications as they have gone so far as to classify pedophilia as normative if the child doesn't react negatively.

The bottom line is those cultures that have high morality standards don't have widespread homosexuality and affects less than .3% and that small # is "in the closet", hence no homosexuality that is public. The guy may be more sane that you people realize. You just haven't studied the history of homosexuality, which, there really isn't much of a history, just of pedophiles.

Can you possibly have a rational explanation for why a "mental disorder" would become more common just because of a higher degree of social tolerance? Yeah, that's what I thought.

slantedview
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I think the president of the University introduced him in a really unprofessional manner. He accused to the guy of being a petty dictator, and the Jewish students were fairly intent on pegging him on his anti-Israel issues.
Yes, I heard an NPR report where they described the introduction. They said that after the introduction, the audience cheered?

slantedview
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM

There's a lot of validity to this statement. What kind of hypocrites are we, as a nation?

chiefsmurph
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
The interview is being played on C-SPAN right now. Very interesting.

SeanEdwards
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
How come ahmadinejad refused to answer yes or no to the question about developing nuclear weapons? They don't have the words for yes or no in Farsi? wtf...

I thought that was kind of weird and disturbing. All he would say was that he thought it was inadvisable and useless to develop nukes. That's not even close to a no.

r3volution
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
this stunt just proved to me that this is nothing more than another religious conflict and the U.S. should stay out of it .

what he/Iran thinks about Israel / holocaust / gays is none of our bizz , they can take care of themselves ..

kickzman
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Some people sicken me around here so much it makes me ill---

The media is Saddamizing this guy, already forgotten Iraq? First the sanctions, then saying the leader is a mass murderer, and then he has WMD's or in this case nukes and finally we bomb the FUCK out of the ENTIRE country...

Wake up people u are falling for the same BULLSHIT> The media is at work again why believe anything that comes out of the mouth of these AIPAC servants?:confused:

libertythor
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
mikelovesgod,

You are entitled to your opinion, and it will remain respected as long as you don't go advocating interference in the personal lives of gay people.

From what I see, nobody knows for sure what the cause of homosexuality is.

In my opinion, it dual. It can be learned, and some people are born predisposed.

SewrRatt
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
How come ahmadinejad refused to answer yes or no to the question about developing nuclear weapons? They don't have the words for yes or no in Farsi? wtf...

I thought that was kind of weird and disturbing. All he would say was that he thought it was inadvisable and useless to develop nukes. That's not even close to a no.

So a person, asked whether he was doing something, saying it would be stupid and pointless for him to do it, doesn't count as a no?

SeanEdwards
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
So a person, asked whether he was doing something, saying it would be stupid and pointless for him to do it, doesn't count as a no?

Not at all. It's totally avoiding a straight answer.

mconder
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
The only thing he said that was questionable and crazy was that he didn't believe there were homosexuals in Iran.

Had you asked the average person in America in 1950 if there were homosexuals in the U.S., you'd probably get a similar response.

Silverback
09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I work with a guy from India and he told me that there weren't any gay people in India. Of course he also said that if someone "came out" as gay, they would be beaten to death... and to be perfectly honest, I think he was joking, but I'm not 100% sure that he was. Anyways, he told me that they start at a very young age, teaching that homosexuality is not natural and if someone is or might be homosexual, they are "converted" (that is my understanding of what he meant anyway).

There are still eunochs is India, they have a particular role in the traditional caste system and that's often what happens to people either born of indeterminate sex or who have persistent gender/sexual identity issues. "converted" may not have meant what you think it meant!":eek:

It's also very common for gays to have public heterosexual marriages in ALL cultures but particularly in those where marriages are arranged.

Grandson of Liberty
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Maybe we should have put him in custody for 444 days, then see if Iran wants him back when he gets out.

mconder
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Thomas Paine

"The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum."

Class dismissed.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Maybe we should have put him in custody for 444 days, then see if Iran wants him back when he gets out.

Well, the US over threw the democratically elected Iranian government in 1953, so it isn't like the US didn't deserve what was coming to them

Nefertiti
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Had you asked the average person in America in 1950 if there were homosexuals in the U.S., you'd probably get a similar response.

I have a great aunt who is in her mid 80s. About 30 years ago she went back to college, and eventually got an MA in psychology about 10-12 years ago. While she was in college, she took my aunt aside one day, to ask her about gays. She had just learned that gay people existed, and she asked my aunt, "What do they do?" Yes this was the 1970s and she was in her 50s!

tsetsefly
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM

The French and the English had the same concept of talking and understanding a madman, that went well...

Iran poses no immidiete danger to the US so there is no reason to attack them but that does not mean they have to meet and cozy up with their crazy leader...

SewrRatt
09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Not at all. It's totally avoiding a straight answer.

In what bizarro world would a supposedly dishonest man rather call himself stupid and impotent than just lie and say, "No"? There's an implied no in his response, and if he's really the bogeyman there's no reason for him to "avoid a straight answer".

Nefertiti
09-24-2007, 04:40 PM

The skeptic in me would say because it is Ramadan and he is fasting and to lie would break his fast. Better to be evasive than to tell a lie. :D

Grandson of Liberty
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, the US over threw the democratically elected Iranian government in 1953, so it isn't like the US didn't deserve what was coming to them

I don't see the logic in excusing the taking of hostages.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't see the logic in excusing the taking of hostages.

Common sense. America backs the Shah that the people hate, over threw your democratically elected government, what do you think? Americans were on THEIR land, so they seized the opportunity

SewrRatt
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
The French and the English had the same concept of talking and understanding a madman, that went well...

Iran poses no immidiete danger to the US so there is no reason to attack them but that does not mean they have to meet and cozy up with their crazy leader...

Please list the factual information you have based your opinion that he is a madman on excluding what the war-happy MSM has said about him. There will need to be a bunch to justify the Hitler comparison. Thanks.

TurtleBurger
09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't care two bits about Ahmedinejad's opinions on the Holocaust, or homosexuals, or the Twelfth Imam (whatever that is). What does matter is that the man arrived with an olive branch trying to promote peace and dialogue. If there is war between the US and Iran, the world will have no doubt who is the aggressor.

Phil M
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM

The difference between Ahmadinejad and Hitler is that Hitler actually had a chance of taking over the world. If Ahmadinejad nuked, or gave a terrorist a weapon who went on to nuke, Israel, Iran would be blown to pieces in a matter of days. Please realize that countries almost always act in their own self interest, and getting blown up is not in Iran's interest. Plus, the Iranian public isn't with Ahmadinejad, if the US just lays low he'll probably lose reelection. Plus he would never bomb Israel, it's Muslim holy land. Tom Tancredo is more likely to nuke Israel than Ahmadinejad.

ronpaulitician
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM
The bottom line is those cultures that have high morality standards don't have widespread homosexuality and affects less than .3% and that small # is "in the closet", hence no homosexuality that is public.
I take it you believe high morals are enough to ward off the homosexuality virus, and that those that fall victim to the homosexuality virus were just to weak to resist the temptation.

The guy may be more sane that you people realize. You just haven't studied the history of homosexuality, which, there really isn't much of a history, just of pedophiles.
I'm glad to have a historical expert on the topic of homosexuality among us.

Do you agree that there are no homosexuals in Iran?

Do your studies come to similar conclusions regarding oral and anal sex among heterosexual couples?

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I was going to respond again, but others have done it for me. We don't have to love Ahmad, but it would be in our best interest to hear what he has to say.

Hook
09-24-2007, 06:05 PM

You mean like Clinton the mass murderer that killed 500,000 Iraq children with his sanctions in the 90s as well as the 80 or so branch davidian children he burned to deathin Waco? Or perhaps Bush, who has killed at least 1,000,000 Iraqis as well as over 5000 soldiers and civilians on our side? Or how about all the Iranians killed by chemical weapons supplied to Saddam by Reagan and Rumsfield in the 80's?

EvilTwinkie
09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Kudos to columbia for inviting him. I respect Ahmadinejad for coming and speaking. I doubt Bush would travel to Iran and speak to Iranian university students.

I think Paul would also respect him for coming. Like him or not, I agree with him when he says you should respect your guests and not insult his culture.

I find myself unable to judge him harshly about anything he said frankly, even the whole israel issue. Coming from his perspective, It seems he feels the plight of the Palestinian people just as much as we feel the plight of the Jews in WW2. It just seems that something is lost in the translation, the whole impression that I get is that he never denies that 6 million jews were killed, but more is asking the question - Why is the Palestinian plight also not called a Holocaust? or for that matter, why isnt the whole damn war considered a holocaust when 100 million people were killed or displaced. Why is it just the 6 million jews killed considered the Holocaust?

As much as I feel the need to go along with the herd and proclaim him an evil terrorist tyrant, my natural neutrality forces me to examine what hes saying without bias.

The homosexuality thing was a bit eyebrow raising at first, but the explanations on this forum push that aside as well. Im left with nothing but respect for the man now.

He brings up a good point, why do we think we have the right to deny them peaceful nuclear energy? I mean Iran has not aggressively attacked anyone in more than 100 years, i mean I cant say that about US.

BarryDonegan
09-24-2007, 08:55 PM

military first hand eyewitness accounts are all i have.

they said the police and army they train tell them "boys are for fun, women are for babies" or something to that effect. that that's an old saying there.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I kind of feel bad about Iran.... they're so screwed if another neo con gets in the WH

BarryDonegan
09-24-2007, 09:02 PM
just to chime in my thoughts on homosexuality, while we're on subject... some people say homosexuality is a sortof "inherited trait". This is believed by people on the left who feel its a badge of honor to use for victimhood, and people on the right who find it a disease to be resisted.

to me i see this in two categories.

one. bisexuals - people who enjoy sex acts with the same gender, coincidentally they also enjoy sex acts with the opposite gender.

two. homosexuals - people who EXCLUSIVELY enjoy sex acts with the same gender and are disinterested in sex acts with the opposite gender.

to say that a desire to have sexual intercourse with the same gender is exclusively genetic and that any social order to come from that is to be protected by law or given special provisions is similar to saying that fecalfiliacs or people who enjoy "reverse cowgirl" positions deserve special protections. This is simply a sex act which classifies as "nobodies business".

in so far as people who are EXCLUSIVELY homosexual, the fact that EXCLUSIVE homosexuality is a genetic trait handed down by generations is pretty scientifically sketchy thought, as people require sexual desire for the opposite gender to reproduce en masse, and without that they would "select out" darwinistically.

the two points im making here is that homosexuality is a sexual desire/act, either way, and has about as much to do with the role of government as any other sexual urge or fetish. which is nothing.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I kind of feel bad about Iran.... they're so screwed if another neo con gets in the WH

Bush still has 14 months to go, since we're all too impotent to remove him from power. That's plenty of time to attack Iran and destroy our own country as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even get to the point of having a 2008 election.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Bush still has 14 months to go, since we're all too impotent to remove him from power. That's plenty of time to attack Iran and destroy our own country as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even get to the point of having a 2008 election.

They want to pass SANCTIONS first, it's how they ruined Iraq, it's how 500,000 iraqi children died, then they'll go to work for their NWO agenda by bombing them for a decade, and finally the invasion of Iran... it's Iraq all over again

jj111
09-24-2007, 09:12 PM

If there is a 2008 election, it could get stolen by Diebold et. al.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 09:15 PM
The neo cons are using America for their anti-America agenda. it's amazing... do you think the jobs going overseas is on purpose? It's in their agenda to weaken the US, that's why they don't care about the borders, it's going to be scary... fox news will be "Fair and Balanced" all the way down the drain ;)

Paulestinian
09-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Kudos to columbia for inviting him. I respect Ahmadinejad for coming and speaking. I doubt Bush would travel to Iran and speak to Iranian university students.

I think Paul would also respect him for coming. Like him or not, I agree with him when he says you should respect your guests and not insult his culture.

I find myself unable to judge him harshly about anything he said frankly, even the whole israel issue. Coming from his perspective, It seems he feels the plight of the Palestinian people just as much as we feel the plight of the Jews in WW2. It just seems that something is lost in the translation, the whole impression that I get is that he never denies that 6 million jews were killed, but more is asking the question - Why is the Palestinian plight also not called a Holocaust? or for that matter, why isnt the whole damn war considered a holocaust when 100 million people were killed or displaced. Why is it just the 6 million jews killed considered the Holocaust?

As much as I feel the need to go along with the herd and proclaim him an evil terrorist tyrant, my natural neutrality forces me to examine what hes saying without bias.

The homosexuality thing was a bit eyebrow raising at first, but the explanations on this forum push that aside as well. Im left with nothing but respect for the man now.

He brings up a good point, why do we think we have the right to deny them peaceful nuclear energy? I mean Iran has not aggressively attacked anyone in more than 100 years, i mean I cant say that about US.

I wish more people were like you, willing to analyze an issue and look at the root causes of a problem without bias. Preconceived notions and group think can only lead to disaster.

Ridiculous
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM

It seems like you have been fed a complete load of misinformation. Homosexuality is as common in nature as green grass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals