PDA

View Full Version : Get Ron Paul on Bill Bennett's Morning in America

wgadget
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
(I will need help with the petition part, since I'm just a lowly musician, not a techno-geek...Open to all other pointers as well. Thanks.)

Since I was chastised on another thread for posting a misleading title, please consider this my attempt at restitution! It was suggest that we draft a letter to send to the Ron Paul campaign to get Ron on Bill Bennett's radio show, Morning in America. Immediately below is a link from the show's website, in case you've never heard it before. Under that is our humble request.

http://www.bennettmornings.com/pg/jsp/general/aboutus.jsp

About Us
Bill Bennett's MORNING IN AMERICA opens a daily dialogue with men & women all across America. Bill Bennett describes the program this way: "It is a fast-paced morning show on the issues that matter most. With the voice that matters most: yours!"

News. Sports. Politics. Media. If it's making headlines, Bill Bennett's MORNING IN AMERICA gives you the day's first look at the latest scoop. And we open the phone lines so you can go one-on-one with our headline-making guests.

From the opening announcement at a Washington, D.C. news conference at the National Press Club, Bill Bennett's MORNING IN AMERICA has been electrifying radio programmers...and premiered in Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Minneapolis, Philadelphia and dozens of other leading stations in key radio markets. Why? Because finally there's a listener-focused national morning show that delivers important guests, high production values and non-stop fun!

Bill Bennett's Philosophy of the Show:

"A lot of people have asked, how I will speak authoritatively for three hours every day? I won't. There are some things I know, and when I know them or think I know them, I will say so. When I don't know them, I will say so too. We'll get to the truth of things together. The Socratic conditions for conversation over things that matter are that there has to be some 1. Intelligence; 2. Candor; and 3. Good Will. I like to get to the truth of things, that's the philosopher's job. When I get it wrong, people will tell us. We're not going to insult our callers, we'll depend on our callers. We'll engage them. I'm a conservative, but I'm not going to assume that the conservative line is always right. I want an honest investigation and examination of issues-from politics to culture to sports to entertainment. We'll talk about things that matter. It's morning in America. It doesn't mean it's always sunny in the morning, but it's always busy-it's a busy country and a great country full of good news and bad news. But there's always news and there's always something interesting happening. There are no closed questions here. We're open-the lines are open-and we're ready to talk."

Dear Ron Paul campaign:

This morning, September 24, 2007, Bill Bennett announced that Fred Thompson would be on his show. It was about 6:30am at the time of the announcement. He elaborated on the point by saying, "We are not having Fred on because we asked him...We allow ALL presidential candidates to be on the show if they ask."

We, the grassroots supporters of Ron Paul, request that you take Mr. Bennett up on this offer. The show is listened to by thousands of Republicans, who would undoubtedly be grateful to hear the refreshing political stances of Dr. Paul. His email address is: www.bennettmornings.com/askbill.

Signed,

Shatterhand
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Nice idea. :)

We should also try to get Ron on the Rush Limbaugh show if possible. I don't listen to either show. Does Limbaugh interview presidential candidates? :confused: :confused:

uncle saddam
09-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a great idea! I haven't heard his show before, but any publicity is good and I'm confident Dr. Paul can hold his own in any debate.

wgadget
09-24-2007, 02:02 PM
He's a pretty big government guy...Used to be Ronald Reagan's "Education Czar" and President Bush I's "Drug Czar." His show is the best alternative in the Atlanta morning market unless you like listening to the same local news over and over and over....

Shatterhand
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
He's a pretty big government guy...Used to be Ronald Reagan's "Education Czar" and "Drug Czar." His show is the best alternative in the Atlanta morning market unless you like listening to the same local news over and over and over....

Maybe Dr. Paul can talk to him about internet gambling.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wgadget
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Hehehe...THAT should win him over.

1000-points-of-fright
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
We should also try to get Ron on the Rush Limbaugh show if possible. I don't listen to either show. Does Limbaugh interview presidential candidates? :confused: :confused:

Rush doesn't interview people. Occasionally some famous or important person will call in depending on the topic at hand. Cheney and other politicians he agrees with have called in to help push their agenda.

So he doesn't do interview unless he's shilling for them.

wgadget
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Could someone please set up a petition using this letter? I don't know how to go about it...ME Stoopit.

Besides, I have to leave for work in 2 minutes.

constituent
09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
great job wgadget... now what you want to do is show your reader the obvious benefits (other than we, the Grassroots Supporters would like it) of following through on your request... something like a body paragraph that incorporates the

" I like to get to the truth of things, that's the philosopher's job. When I get it wrong, people will tell us. We're not going to insult our callers, we'll depend on our callers. We'll engage them. I'm a conservative, but I'm not going to assume that the conservative line is always right. I want an honest investigation and examination of issues-from politics to culture to sports to entertainment. We'll talk about things that matter. It's morning in America. It doesn't mean it's always sunny in the morning, but it's always busy-"

that you included in your post.....

and then your bottom paragraph as you have it, but make sure that you request a response from the person you e-mail it to at the campaign (better yet print it out, spend the six bucks and send it certified mail)...

do a little google search for tips and pointers on "you attitude" just to sharpen your edge a little and you'll be rockin' (pun intended).

erowe1
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Getting Paul onto the Rush Limbaugh show would catapult him into the number one spot instantly, which is why Rush won't do it. Rush knows that with great power comes great responsibility, so he's avoiding using his to determine the outcome of the primaries.