PDA

View Full Version : Official Press Release - RJ called a "Shaven-Headed Nazi"???

RJHarris2010
07-06-2009, 11:43 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oklahoma City Radio Talk Show Host, Mark Shannon, reportedly calls a two-time Iraq War Veteran a “Shaven-Headed Nazi” on KTOK’s Mark Shannon Show.

Oklahoma- July 7, 2009 - Mark Shannon, Radio Talk Show Host, reportedly referred to a two-time Iraq War veteran and U.S. Congressional Candidate, RJ Harris, as a “Shaven-Headed Nazi” on his Monday talk show airing between 4pm- 7pm weekly. He also reportedly accused Harris of accosting attendees at the Oklahoma City Tea Party event by handing out literature not relevant to a congressional campaign. Mr. Harris has provided the following statement regarding this matter:

“I am shocked and appalled that any Oklahoman would have such a low opinion of the veterans required to close-crop their hair for service in Iraq, let alone a radio talk show host on a respectable news station. Moreover, my campaign has received no negative commentary either at the tea party event or since that justifies Shannon as classifying our campaign literature distribution efforts as “accosting” or anything other than the distribution of legitimate congressional campaign handbills. Much to the contrary my campaign has received overwhelmingly positive feedback for being one of the only politicians that showed up to hear the demands of the people and answer their vetting questions. I fully appreciate the 1st Amendment right of others to air their opinions but have little tolerance for libel, slander, or defamation.”

Due to service obligations with the Army National Guard, Harris will be out of the state for the next three weeks. Any questions on this matter can be directed to Harris’s campaign manager Jonathan Gibbons 405-881-0951.

Mark Shannon is a radio host on the KTOK 1000 Oklahoma City http://www.ktok.com

Jonathan Gibbons
jon@rjharris2010.com
RJ Harris 2010
http://rjharris2010.com/

ENDS

LibertyEagle
07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow, RJ. I hope your press release gets in the newspapers. I doubt Oklahomans will appreciate the radio hack for doing that.

dannno
07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
WWowwwwwwwwww....

Congratulations, you have officially been noticed by the establishment and apparently they found you threatening.

abrahamclark
07-07-2009, 12:34 AM
RJ, I'm going to make sure to it that I find at least 20 people to call into this a-holes station and rip him to shreds.

Aratus
07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
RJ ---- we all know you just got horridly slandered by the local radio's own inhouse idiots...
LE ---- the attack was blatantly & parenthetically a traditional hatchet-jobbie number ...i say!

LibertyEagle
07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
RJ ---- we all know you just got horridly slandered by the local radio's own inhouse idiots...
LE ---- the attack was blatantly & parenthetically a traditional hatchet-jobbie number ...i say!

Did it sound like I didn't agree, or something? :confused:

Cowlesy
07-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Looks like RJ got under someone's skin!

Hope some folks take the time to call into this clown's show.

ItsTime
07-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Looks like RJ got under someone's skin!

Hope some folks take the time to call into this clown's show.

When calling make sure you say you will never listen to their show again. These radio hosts are just trolls looking for more ears.

acptulsa
07-07-2009, 12:04 PM
"Mark Shannon called Iraqi War vet, current National Guardsman and potential representative of the people’s interests (as opposed to Clear Channel’s interests) a ‘shaven headed nazi’? I see y’all are, as usual, doing your best to raise the level of political discourse in the state.

Please send me a list of your sponsors so I can more easily boycott them. Thank you."

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
It has become quite apparent that anyone who supports smaller government will be smeared as a racist. The MSM and big government leftists have made this clear.

abrahamclark
07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
This idiot is on the air right now. Let's call his show and rip him to shreds... Make sure you tell his screener that you want to talk about something relevant. It'll be hard to get on unless you want to say something about the current discussion.

http://www.ktok.com

Cowlesy
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM

GeorgeWashingonOKC
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I would agree. No one, regardless of how crazy conservative they are, should be called a shaven-headed Nazi...

Sean
07-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Do you have a link to a copy of the literature that you handed out?

Aratus
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Did it sound like I didn't agree, or something? :confused:

LE --- i gave the libel attack a LABEL! i said its a "traditional hatchet jobbie" and i agreed with you!
RJ is now getting flac becasue he is VISABLE! we KNOW that RJ is not a NAZI at all, and for the idiot
on the air at that radio station to PULL what he did soooooooooooooooooooooo early on in the race...

Aratus
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow, RJ. I hope your press release gets in the newspapers.
I doubt Oklahomans will appreciate the radio hack for doing that.

yes... i too... do hope RJ's press release gets into the local papers as well as a few national ones!

yes... many Oklahomans who are high minded and above these cheap & snarky
airwaves excusions into bad taste could decry as being more than hyperbola all likewise
interludes like these that are truely equally classic instances of libel and slander!!!

acptulsa
07-09-2009, 10:17 AM
"Mark Shannon called Iraqi War vet, current National Guardsman and potential representative of the people’s interests (as opposed to Clear Channel’s interests) a ‘shaven headed nazi’? I see y’all are, as usual, doing your best to raise the level of political discourse in the state.

Please send me a list of your sponsors so I can more easily boycott them. Thank you."

They didn't send me a list of their sponsors. What a surprise.

But their website is advertising for Best Western, T-Mobile, Ticketmaster, Equifax, Publisher's Clearing House, AT&T, and the University of Phoenix at the moment.

RJHarris2010
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the support guys. It is quite clear that Mark Shannon doesn't speak for the average republican voter of the fourth district. We've received nothing but positive feedback from RJ's future constituents.

Silvsilvchan
07-26-2009, 06:07 PM
The best thing I find to do with loonies like this guy is to smile politely and ignore them completely.

The less we make it apparent he bugged us the better. If you do call him, address the situation in as calm a voice and be as reasonable as possible.

Don't get angry. That is what this silly little bald headed man wants.