PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Iran

dantheman
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
The new "enemy" of the United States spoke to our people just a few minutes ago. I can't figure out why anyone would buy into a war with Iran. Ahmadinejad made his points very clearly and seemed to go about his speak in a very precise manner which brings to mind why every time our leader gets in front of a microphone he embarrasses our nation even more.

The thing is the way he treats his people and how he's handling the current economic situation in Iran is one of the main reasons he's not very popular within his own borders. Why is no one pointing that out? Is it because we're going to war with them whether anyone likes it or not? If he was a real state sponsor of terrorism wouldn't we just arrest him as soon as he set foot on our soil? Does any of this make sense to anybody?! We need to see through all this propaganda and smoke out the real enemy before it's too late...

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
1. According to the IAEA, he's only supporting a nuclear energy program for friendly purposes which is allowed under the NPT. Should we trust them or the Bush Administration? And even if they do have a nuclear weapon, is it a reason to start a war with them?

2. I need another source other than the Bush Administration to say that Iran's government is supporting terrorism against our troops in Iraq. I don't believe anything that administration says any longer.

3. If his actions against gays are true then that is truly dispicable. But it's no reason to go to war. It's up to the citizens of Iran to elect a leader who doesn't do that kind of stuff. Last time I checked they were a democracy. Ahmadinejad should be up for re-election next year or in '09 and if they don't like him, then they shouldn't re-elect him. We're supporting many other governments who do cruel things to their citizens and we don't invade them. There's no reason to go to war with Iran.

dantheman
09-24-2007, 01:39 PM
I think you're right. If his people truly hate him, they'll overthrow him and get a new leader. Perhaps they'll call up the CIA for help with that. We helped them get a new leader in 1953 when we installed the Shah after overthrowing their government for them...even though they didn't ask. They democratically elected that official and we didn't like him so we killed him and put in our own friend, which in a sense was stealing the Iranian people's own money and freedom. It's time for us to start "minding our own business" as Ron Paul has said on numerous occasions...

mconder
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
If his actions against gays are true then that is truly dispicable.

I don't think it's his actions against gays. Thia entire culture is anti-gay. We are not going to change this thinking by ousting this one guy.

Santana28
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I just find it humorous thinking how President Bush would handle a similar forum under similar circumstances held at an Iranian University. Of course the Iranians would probably be much more courteous and respectful in their introductions.

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
If his actions against gays are true then that is truly dispicable.

I don't think it's his actions against gays. Thia entire culture is anti-gay. We are not going to change this thinking by ousting this one guy.

Ok. I know absolutely nothing about their culture or way of life so thank you for clearing that up. I think this is part of the problem when people here criticize him. They don't understand that they look upon some things differently than we do. As wrong as that may be, it's not our place to tell them how to live.