PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh still not decided on what party affiliation he will run with

Njon
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I was under the impression that Kokesh was going to be running as a Republican, but http://newmexicoindependent.com/31256/adam-kokesh-launches-northern-new-mexico-congressional-campaign and http://www.sfreeper.com/2009/07/03/qa-adam-kokeshs-congressional-r3volution/ indicate that he still hasn't decided a party affiliation to run with.

I don't think Kokesh has much of a chance running as something other than a Republican, unless he wanted to run on an anti-war platform as a Democrat and try to take out Rep. Lujan in the primary, but that could be a huge risk.

Thane Eichenauer
07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
First I'll just point out what I believe to be an obvious point that I don't think everybody else finds obvious.

I don't think Adam Kokesh's positions or passion will change any little bit due to which particular party he elects to run under. I hope he chooses whichever party will allow him to be elected.

Njon
07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
First I'll just point out what I believe to be an obvious point that I don't think everybody else finds obvious.

I don't think Adam Kokesh's positions or passion will change any little bit due to which particular party he elects to run under. I hope he chooses whichever party will allow him to be elected.

I agree. Adam's party label has nothing to do with his convictions, but it's very likely to impact his ability to win, and that's what I'm talking about.

Optatron
07-08-2009, 01:38 AM
has he decided whether to shave his beard?

TCE
07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
He has to run as a Republican. Let's call it what it is: he stands virtually no chance against Lujan as a Libertarian. He will get smashed in the primary if he goes that route.

As most of us know, as time goes by in American politics, the President and party in power start to become stale and people believe the pendulum needs to switch. 2010 will be the year of the Republican. A wave of Republicans in the House will hit and the GOP will pick up a couple of Senate seats. The longer the confrontation between Lujan and Kokesh, the better.

tajitj
07-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Has he reached out to Gary Johnson? If he runs as Republican it would be perfect to have Gary get back into things endorsing and doing some campaigning for Adam.

I never thought of this until 3 minutes ago. I am going to email his campaign.

Imperial
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
2010 will be the year of the Republican. A wave of Republicans in the House will hit and the GOP will pick up a couple of Senate seats. The longer the confrontation between Lujan and Kokesh, the better.

Not necessarily. I think the Republican base has been mobilized more than in 06 or 08 compared to the Democrats, but that the electorate is still trending towards the Democrats.

TCE
07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Not necessarily. I think the Republican base has been mobilized more than in 06 or 08 compared to the Democrats, but that the electorate is still trending towards the Democrats.

If you had studied the economic situation that will be happening in the next couple years more, you would agree with me. You don't even need to do the research, you have Schiff.

Imperial
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
If you had studied the economic situation that will be happening in the next couple years more, you would agree with me. You don't even need to do the research, you have Schiff.

Schiff looks at things in the long-term. He's right in that regard. But I think his timeframe will be a bit too short as he provides it, as government would bail itself out and float itself to maintain the status quo. Which still yields further economic distress, but not necessarily a collapse.

TCE
07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Schiff looks at things in the long-term. He's right in that regard. But I think his timeframe will be a bit too short as he provides it, as government would bail itself out and float itself to maintain the status quo. Which still yields further economic distress, but not necessarily a collapse.

There will be some more severe economic distress in the next year. The longer it goes on, the worse it will get. Schiff has hinted that his predictions will come to fruition by 2012/2013. The longer the wait, the more the economic instability will continue to impact America and they will seek revenge on the "change."

Gage
07-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Has he reached out to Gary Johnson? If he runs as Republican it would be perfect to have Gary get back into things endorsing and doing some campaigning for Adam.

I never thought of this until 3 minutes ago. I am going to email his campaign.
That would be great if he could get Gary to speak at a couple campaign rallies, and use him in commercials.