PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Ron Paul the Michael Jackson of Politics?

dude58677
07-06-2009, 06:58 AM
There hasn't been a politician like him in 200 years and he appeals to people of all ages and backgrounds.

acptulsa
07-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Ron Paul is substance over style. He's not worried about throwing something at people they don't really want to hear. Some musicians are like that. They're either groundbreaking or total flops. Michael Jackson was neither.

MikeStanart
07-06-2009, 08:50 AM
http://randazza.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

RonPaulFever
07-06-2009, 09:51 AM
He doesn't touch kids and has seen lots of female private parts, so no, he's nothing like MJ.

loarmistead
07-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I thought the question was going to be directed more like:

"He has great talent and abilities, he just receives a bad rap."

My answer to that is... the Troofers.

Take it from a guy who used to dislike Ron Paul very much, the Troofers killed his campaign. And the Troofers will kill the campaign of any presidential candidate they ally themselves with. It's not that I disliked Ron Paul in and of himself, it's that I disliked the rowdy company that always seemed to show up at his events. To me they seemed no better than the rowdy enviro-whacko leftists that show up at Obama rallies.

I still wound up voting for him in the primary out of principle, but the rowdy crowds and the Troofers need to back off if they ever expect someone like this to gain any real ground.

IPSecure
07-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Troofers killed his campaign.

Ultra Fail.

acptulsa
07-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Illustrates my point nicely. If the truth hurts, Michael Jackson would never tell it to you. He had something to sell. If Ron Paul gets his hands on the truth, he'll give it to you straight even if you hate it more than hypodermic needles, and call it good for you. He doesn't sell, he represents.

dannno
07-06-2009, 10:39 AM

Take it from a guy who used to dislike Ron Paul very much, the Troofers killed his campaign. And the Troofers will kill the campaign of any presidential candidate they ally themselves with. It's not that I disliked Ron Paul in and of himself, it's that I disliked the rowdy company that always seemed to show up at his events. To me they seemed no better than the rowdy enviro-whacko leftists that show up at Obama rallies.

I still wound up voting for him in the primary out of principle, but the rowdy crowds and the Troofers need to back off if they ever expect someone like this to gain any real ground.

When you finally sit down and do some research and find out for yourself that 9/11 was an inside job, you'll realize just how hard it is to hold back that kind of information. You'd have to really hate humanity to not want to take that public. I mean, keeping it secret makes you feel like you're sleeping with neocons or something.

So maybe you'll find out one day, until then I'd recommend backing off the name calling.

acptulsa
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
So maybe you'll find out one day, until then I'd recommend backing off the name calling.

Don't hold your breath. Watergate 'coincidence theorists' managed to keep denying the obvious until 1979 or so. I kept asking them if their Nixon Love was worth all that. They were unamused...

Not that I was an obnoxious kid or anything.

UnReconstructed
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6931/awww9624237qu0.gif

free.alive
07-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Regardless of whether the truthers' theory is correct or not, they hurt Dr. Paul's campaign. Also, they're methods of getting their own message out destroy their own chances of getting their point across in an appealing way.

With all the professionals who are truthers, is there not ONE marketing professional/pr pro among them all? They are toxic - even, and especially, to themselves!

acptulsa
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Regardless of whether the truthers' theory is correct or not, they hurt Dr. Paul's campaign. Also, they're methods of getting their own message out destroy their own chances of getting their point across in an appealing way.

With all the professionals who are truthers, is there not ONE marketing professional/pr pro among them all? They are toxic - even, and especially, to themselves!

Missiles with holographic wings! Dude, that's the ticket! If you don't jump on this bandwagon, I get to call you names! Ha ha!

What? U.S. COINTELPRO set that up to trick me into discrediting myself? But, dude, it has to be true--it's so cool!

loarmistead
07-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Ultra Fail.

What was Ultra Fail was the Ron Paul campaign... because of the Troofers, among other planks of Ron Paul's support group.

When you finally sit down and do some research and find out for yourself that 9/11 was an inside job, you'll realize just how hard it is to hold back that kind of information. You'd have to really hate humanity to not want to take that public. I mean, keeping it secret makes you feel like you're sleeping with neocons or something.

I have sat there and read every piece of literature and watched every movie I could come across that proves 9/11 was an inside job... and I'm still not convinced. Maybe I'm a simpleton, I dunno, but it really doesn't matter what I think. I still voted for the guy. Here is a fact that is proven, as long as Troofers align themselves with Ron Paul, he will always lose, and he will always be seen as a kook, and the Ron Paul forums will be nothing more than a breeding ground for these "inside job" theories. And, as you have just so eloquently proven, the way the Troofers go about spreading their message is a major turn-off, and to a level-headed libertarian like me, makes you guys no different than the global warming enviro-whacko hippies that use all of their "proven facts" to press their redistributionist, Marxist legislation.

So, back to the point, you can believe what you want, and you can spread the message however you like (and the manner in which you conveyed the "truth" seems to be the norm among the Troofers group, not to point you out specifically), but as long as you all keep doing it this way, none of your people will win. Ever. Ron Paul has a very powerful message that the US needs to listen to, and it's just a shame that he his name has to be dragged through the mud with all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

Tact is key.

Todd
07-06-2009, 02:17 PM

QFT
How many more choices and chances to bring out a legitimate investigation would they have had had they concentrated on getting him elected rather than spouting the undeniable truth? I'd like to know more about 9-11, but not at the expense of getting McCain and Obama.

Athan
07-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Ron Paul is the George Washington and Thomas Jefferson of politics. Suffice to say, his awesomeness is unrivaled and impossible for most to challenge.

Scofield
07-06-2009, 05:55 PM

My answer to that is... the Troofers..

Has it ever occurred to you that people dislike Ron Paul for various reasons?

1) His racist rants (some people still think he wrote them.)
2) His political stances (some people hate liberty, are afraid of it, or don't understand it.)
3) His demeanor (he's timid, he doesn't look like a leader...Americans want a leader.)
4) "Troofers"

"Troofers" aren't the sole cause for why people dislike Ron Paul, so get over yourself and start looking at the facts. I am sure some people are turned away by those who protest in NYC screaming "9/11 was an inside job!" all the while holding a Ron Paul sign, but they are not the sole cause for why people dislike Ron Paul. In fact, they are probably the least likely reason people don't support Ron Paul.

People don't like Ron Paul because he is radical, he doesn't accept the status quo. His ideals are not what Americans are used to, and that scares them. Americans are brainwashed to hate liberty, and Ron Paul does nothing but support liberty. People don't like his foreign policy because they think non-intervention will be the death of America. People don't like his policy on drugs, because they are ignorant to how prohibition works. People don't like him because they don't understand him or his ideologies.

People are ignorant, and that is why they dislike Ron Paul. And by the sounds of it, you are no different. Instead of looking at facts and rationality of why people have problems with Ron Paul, you jump on a group of people because of your own personal vendettas.

*Note* I am not saying I agree with "Troofers" (they bring up good points, but I need proof before I support a theory), but I have no problem with them being in the movement. They are our allies, not our foes.

Feelgood
07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Well isnt Michael Jackson dead? I heard that somewhere... :rolleyes:

I too have taken a hard look at some of the crapola passed off as truther facts about an inside job. Honestly there isnt a single shred on conclusive evidence anywhere to prove or show it was an "inside job". I mean honestly, I rank 9/11 Truthers right up there with the GW Bush blew up the levies during hurricane Katrina crowd. :rolleyes: Wish they would go away already. They are as much a cancer to the RP cause as the neo-cons are to the conservative movement. If nothing more then "guilt by association" the truthers definitely had a negative effect on the RP campaign.

Perfect example of how the 9/11 Truthers were used against Ron Paul.

YouTube - Fox News tells more lies about Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yOgLP7Lkw)

DFF
07-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Illustrates my point nicely. If the truth hurts, Michael Jackson would never tell it to you. He had something to sell. If Ron Paul gets his hands on the truth, he'll give it to you straight even if you hate it more than hypodermic needles, and call it good for you. He doesn't sell, he represents.

Well spoken sir.

speciallyblend
07-06-2009, 06:30 PM
the problem with Ron Paul's message and supporters wasn't it. it was the gop. the blame lies with the gop!!! that is the bottom line. i blame the gop leadership and republicans more then truthers!!

Reason
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
http://randazza.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

agreed

RonPaulwillWin
07-07-2009, 04:33 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/06/26/michael.jackson.internet/index.html

Reminds me of the old RP days.

orafi
07-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Ron Paul is substance over style. He's not worried about throwing something at people they don't really want to hear. Some musicians are like that. They're either groundbreaking or total flops. Michael Jackson was neither.

He was pretty groundbreaking

acptulsa
07-07-2009, 07:49 AM
He was pretty groundbreaking

I don't know, man.

When it was the Jackson Five, the Kinks and the Velvet Underground were breaking new ground; Jackson and his brothers were lip synching on The Carol Burnett Show. When Thriller came out, the Sex Pistols were just imploding and the Talking Heads were stirring debate about whether taking punk mainstream could be considered breaking new ground or not. Since then, he hadn't done that much.

I have my doubts about 'groundbreaking' was the right word for him.

orafi
07-07-2009, 08:30 AM
I don't know, man.

When it was the Jackson Five, the Kinks and the Velvet Underground were breaking new ground; Jackson and his brothers were lip synching on The Carol Burnett Show. When Thriller came out, the Sex Pistols were just imploding and the Talking Heads were stirring debate about whether taking punk mainstream could be considered breaking new ground or not. Since then, he hadn't done that much.

I have my doubts about 'groundbreaking' was the right word for him.

Well, yeah there were obviously many talented artists out there other than MJ, but he did do amazing work nonetheless. And man, he did destroy barriers with his Thriller album. The man had more talent than he had issues, and that's saying ALOT.

I won't say all of his works were groundbreaking, but he really revolutionized pop.

And dude...

THE MOONWALK!!!

Rocket80
07-07-2009, 09:01 AM
And Ron Paul's funeral will have 100x the attendance of the funeral of any existing politician (presidents excluded..probably). In fact, they may need to rent out Staples Center for that too. I bet they could fill it....but maybe this is a bit morbid

RonPaulVolunteer
07-08-2009, 01:48 AM

Listen Mr Govt man. Your cover is blown. We're just not that stupid around these parts. Good bye...

acptulsa
07-08-2009, 05:59 AM
I don't know what 9/11 has to do with Michael Jackson (and, no, I'm not fishing for such theories either), but I do know that a smoking gun would transform American politics like nothing else ever has. And while some may want only to shoot the messenger, for the vast majority we won't be on the wrong side of that issue when it does.

idiom
07-08-2009, 06:41 AM
The Michael Jordan maybe...

Conza88
07-08-2009, 06:45 AM
There hasn't been a politician like him in 200 years and he appeals to people of all ages and backgrounds.

No.

The MSM hasn't stopped mentioning MJ for weeks, as opposed to Ron never getting mentioned...

dude58677
07-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Michael Jackson revolutionized modern music and is known as the "King of Pop". Ron Paul revolutionized modern politics and is know as the "Champion of the Constitution".

fedup100
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
He should start wearing just one sequined sock!:)

Akus
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Isn't Ron Paul the Michael Jackson of Politics?You mean, does Ron Paul act, look and dress like a total freak? No. Ron Paul is just that, Ron Paul and while Michael Jackson was more of a victim then a culprit, the comparison between the two is completely absurd.

heavenlyboy34
07-08-2009, 10:42 PM

RP is the Paganini of politics. A virtuoso in his field who is greatly under-appreciated. :cool: