PDA

View Full Version : Sad!!

hvac ak47
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmvToZjRIc

Sad or funny?

Original_Intent
09-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Wow. They say you get the government you deserve. Damn.

Perry
09-24-2007, 12:59 PM
If you think it's surprising then you put too much faith in evolution. WWII was but 60 years ago. You think we're going to evolve in 60 years? It's not even a matter of remembering the past. They don't teach our history in school anymore.

Akus
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
they went too far with the security numbers tatooed on them, but I support the spirit of what these people are saying. NOT THE LETTER, just the spirit.

RP08
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
PORK SPRAY! OMG I'm laughing too hard...

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Seems at least semi-staged, laugh track and all. I'm sure the vast majority of people don't think this way, but you'd undoubtedly able to find a few if you looked hard enough. On the other hand, an entire country allowed the Holocaust to occur, so not saying it couldn't happen.

FrankRep
09-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Muslims are the New Jews (holocaust). crap.

Don't be stupid America.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
sad

MikeStanart
09-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Sad....just Sad.

Are we really that stupid?

I mean, remember what the holocaust was guys?

All I can say is: READ A MOTHER F*%KING BOOK

constituent
09-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Seems at least semi-staged, laugh track and all. I'm sure the vast majority of people don't think this way, but you'd undoubtedly able to find a few if you looked hard enough. On the other hand, an entire country allowed the Holocaust to occur, so not saying it couldn't happen.

really though, we need a real dialogue in this country about the "holocaust." why is that a term used only for 'jews' in the concentration camps? what about the ten million german civilians blown up in their homes, on their way to work, etc. by allied bombs? last i checked that outnumbers the 'jews' by... uhhh... four million people.

-just sayin'

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Holocaust Big H typically refers to the Jewish holocaust in the earl 1940's
holocaust little h typically refers to mass killing.

It's simple language use Const.

nullvalu
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Wow, just when I thought I couldn't be more ashamed of some fellow americans, I go and watch something like this and my faith sinks to new lows...

fletcher
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Sad....just Sad.

Are we really that stupid?

No, we are not that stupid. The people in the video are that stupid. Each person is an individual. You can find people that stupid in every country of the world.

constituent
09-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Holocaust Big H typically refers to the Jewish holocaust in the earl 1940's
holocaust little h typically refers to mass killing.

It's simple language use Const.

if that's sarcasm HAHAHAHAHAH... .cuz that is really funny.:)

Big H Holocaust... that's my new one.:)

MicroBalrog
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
17 million people died in Hitler's concentration camps. Only 6 million were Jews. A further 11.9 million civilians were killed by Nazis in the USSR. In comparison, Germany experienced 1.9 million civlian deaths, outside the camps of course.

3 million Germans died in the camps.

Note here: Hitler killed more German civilians then the entire allied bombing campaign.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
It wasn't sarcasm. The Holocaust, a holocaust. It's the evolution of our language. Same way people in this country refer to The Depression.

I might add on a side note, blowback made it into Merriam-Wemster's this year.

nullvalu
09-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not going to refute the holocaust, but what make me sick is that is seems Jews take any and every chance they get to bring up the holocaust and how horribly their people have been treated. It reminds me of some black people in this country and their demands for slavery reparations.

MicroBalrog
09-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm not going to refute the holocaust, but what make me sick is that is seems Jews take any and every chance they get to bring up the holocaust and how horribly their people have been treated. It reminds me of some black people in this country and their demands for slavery reparations.

Yes. I agree with you 100% on that point.

Phil M
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
I think there was a poll once that said 40% or so of Americans think Muslims should have to have an ID card saying they're Muslims. The founders are rolling in their graves.

constituent
09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
17 million people died in Hitler's concentration camps. Only 6 million were Jews. A further 11.9 million civilians were killed by Nazis in the USSR. In comparison, Germany experienced 1.9 million civlian deaths, outside the camps of course.

3 million Germans died in the camps.

Note here: Hitler killed more German civilians then the entire allied bombing campaign.

i thought ken burns said it was 10 mil... huh... perhaps WWI... i'll have to look in to that...

what's your source 'cuz i don't think i can muster the nerve for another
ken burns series:(

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM
This is what happens when morons lead a nation. Meanwhile, all the right people are on here making posts lol

aksmith
09-24-2007, 03:27 PM

I think it's understandable. Just look at the way people feel about Israel on this board. If you don't consider the horrors of the holocaust, then it's tough to understand why there is an Israel at all.

Alexander Haig used to complain all the time about Japanese diplomats. Every time they were negotiating, no matter the topic, they'd say "You dropped nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki." He's always tell new assistants it was coming and when they doubted him, he's punch them in the shoulder when it happened.

It's natural to play the victim card. I don't like it, but I also don't want people to forget any of the holocausts. That's how they happen. Catholics, Gypsys, gays, Jews and Communists were murdered by the millions by the Nazis. Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, and on and on have killed tens of millions and maybe more for no good reason. We need to remember all of them.

nullvalu
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm not saying forget about them, but for the love of god when will we be able to progress?

Case in point - I'm trying to do some research on how Martin Luther was anti-semetic. My parents are lifetime Lutherans and I thought they'd get a kick out of it, since they've probably never heard about this portion of Luther's character.

So like the 3 or 4 sites I find that go into depth about the subject are from completely biased viewpoints. Mentioning the holocaust in every-other paragraph (nevermind that Luther lived 400 years before WWII)..

Here's a quote from one of the sites I was reading about a book that Luther wrote:

It is impossible for modern people to read the horrible passages below and not to think of the burning of synagogues in November 1938 on Kristallnacht. Nor would one wish to excuse Luther for this text.

Right..

libertarian4321
09-25-2007, 05:21 AM
There are ignorant people everywhere. I think Americans, however, tend to be more insular than the rest of the world for a number of reasons, which means more ignorance among Americans.

This is sad, but hardly unexpected. However, I'm sure they interviewed a number of Americans who weren't neocon dumbasses, they just don't make it onto the show.

trispear
09-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Alexander Haig used to complain all the time about Japanese diplomats. Every time they were negotiating, no matter the topic, they'd say "You dropped nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki." He's always tell new assistants it was coming and when they doubted him, he's punch them in the shoulder when it happened.Don't worry, the Chinese are making the Japanese publicly apologize any chance they get for their past.
It's natural to play the victim card. I don't like it, but I also don't want people to forget any of the holocausts. That's how they happen. Catholics, Gypsys, gays, Jews and Communists were murdered by the millions by the Nazis. Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, and on and on have killed tens of millions and maybe more for no good reason. We need to remember all of them.You forgot the Native Americans. Our own should be the most important for us to remember for humility and "it can't happen here" syndrome alone.