Great Western Railway & Great Plains Express Engineering Consortium
$800 million for Land Acquisition & Lay-out

Dwight Beranek, Railroad Designer, Army Corps of Engineers,

William Herzog, Herzog Railroad Construction
Paul Copeland, Beatty-Balfour Rail Inc.
William M. Stout, Atlas Railroad Construction
Jeffrey M. Levy, Railworks Inc
Lorenzo Simonelli, GE Transportation
John Cavanaugh, Electro-Motive Diesel Inc.
Jens Soeby, Vestas Wind Systems
John Krenicki, Jr., GE Energy,
WSC Headquarters & 21 Plantations Consortium
$200 million for Land Acquisition & Lay-out
Michael Graves, Michael Graves Associates, Architect for Cheyenne, WSC
Headquarters, Great Hall Design for 21 Plantations, 31 Passenger &
Freight Train Stations
Wes Jackson, The Land Institute, Plantation Perennials
Prof. Joseph Thomasson, Ft. Hays State University, Greenhouses & Great
Plains Horticulture
Ernie Els, 18-Fairway Plantation Design
Retief Goosen, 18-Fairway Plantation Design
Proposed Honorary, Project Consultants
Mayor of Pueblo, Dave Galli
Mayor of Colorado Springs, Lionel Rivera
Mayor of Denver, John Hickenlooper
City Manager of Greeley, Roy H. Otto
City Manager of Ft. Collins, Darin Atteberry
Governor, C.L. Otter
Mayor of Idaho Falls, Jared Fuhriman
Chairman of Ft. Hall/Pocatello, Alonzo A. Coby
Mayor of Wichita, Carl Brewer
Governor, Brian Schweitzer,
Mayor of Billings, Ron Tussing
City Manager of Bozeman, Chris Kukulski
Mayor of Butte, Paul Babb
Governor, Dave Heineman,
Mayor of Lincoln, Chris Beutler
Governor, John Hoeven,
Mayor of Fargo, Dennis Walaker
Governor, Brad Henry
Mayor of Oklahoma City, Mick Cornett
Governor, Mike Rounds,
Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin
Mayor of Sioux Falls, Dave Munson
Governor, Rick Perry,
Congressman, Ron Paul
Mayor of McAllen, Richard F. Cortez
Mayor of Laredo, Raul G. Salinas
Mayor of Del Rio, Efrain V. Valdez
Mayor of Midland, Wes Perry
Mayor of Lubbock, Tom Martin
Mayor of Amarillo, Debra McCartt
Mayor of Logan, Randy Watts
Mayor of Ogden, Matthew R. Godfrey
Mayor of Salt Lake City, Ralph Becker
Mayor of Provo, Lewis K. Billings
Governor, Dave Freudenthal,
Mayor of Cheyenne, Jack Spiker
Mayor of Laramie, Klaus Hanson
Mayor of Casper, Paul Bertoglio
Mayor of Sheridan, Dave Kinskey

Distinguished Friends,

The following is a list of 40 towns...mostly ag college towns that I would expressly invite to set up prototype, 160-acre, Standard-spec Community Plantations.

Vice President Biden, who is in charge of the Stimulus money...& who is also a veteran commuter by rail, will be familiar with the argument that Wall Street is the "Leading Indicator" of the Economy & that Jobs are the "Lagging Indicator".

From that line of thinking it follows that if those in the caboose are patient while all attention is given to those in the locomotive, by & by, the locomotive will move the caboose.

What I am saying is that a Town & Country USA, replete with Community Plantations would be quite capable of generating its own traction, &, if encouraged to do so, act as a rear locomotive.

The idea here is if an invited town invested $200,000 of its own money in such a Plantation, our Vice-President would put up matching funds.

$8 million for 40 towns then, comparative peanuts compared to what has been sent to Wall Street, is certain to set a record for most jobs created for tax Dollars.

If our Vice President plays his cards right, the dead weight caboose, for comparative pennies, might be replaced by a second locomotive.

The 40 towns are...

Logan, Utah
Bozeman, Montana
Sheridan , Wyoming
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Ft. Collins, Colorado
Longmont, Colorado
La Junta, Colorado
Fargo, North Dakota
Yankton, South Dakota
Lincoln, Nebraska
Chadron, Nebraska
Hays, Kansas
Manhattan, Kansas
Emporia, Kansas
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Muscogee, Oklahoma
Bryan, Texas
Nacogdoches, Texas
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Auburn, Alabama
Eufala, Alabama
Athens,Georgia
Jackson, Tennessee
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Springfield, Missouri
Columbia, Missouri
Ames, Iowa
Mason City, Iowa
De Kalb, Illinois
Champaign, Illinois
Vandalia, Illinois
Vincennes, Indiana
Seymour, Indiana
Lafayette, Indiana
Wilmington, Ohio
State College, Pennsylvania
Ithaca, New York
Lansing, Michigan
& Northfield, Minnesota

I would be happy to petition the Vice President on behalf of the aforementioned Towns if I would hear of interest in the project from their Mayors.

Once again...the Four Specs of a Standard-Spec, Community Plantation are
1. 160 acres (64 ha)

2. 18, Agricultural Fairways, 3 in penned pasture

3. A formidable & forbidding perimeter hedge

4. An associated, Mason-jar Canning Kitchen

I would also like to hear from the other Mayors on this mailing list.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/06/talys-financial-police-seize-us-1345-billion-us-bonds-on-the-border-between-italy-and-switzerland-sm.html

Back a few years ago...in the days when the TV series "Miami Vice" was hot stuff, a couple of banks in Miami were making a name for themselves by being some of the fastest-growing in the country.

The key to their success, it appears, was a protocol employed by their tellers, who, when presented with briefcases full of Franklins to count, were instructed never, ever, to look up.

This protocol of "We Don't Know & We Don't Want to Know", much like the three famous monkeys, it appears, inspired a veritable syndicate of "Three Monkeys Banks" around the world.

It was not long before the "Three Monkeys Banking Group", in receipt of these deposits, began to issue "Underworld Express Travelers Cheques" in denominations of $500 million & $1 billion Dollars.

With the decision by Iowa to legalize same-sex marriage, International Organized Crime, shocked, horrified & totally weirded-out, recently made the decision to get out of the Dollar & into African real real estate..gold fields, copper fields, coffee plantations, & in the case of the Japanese...rainforests inhabited by gorillas.

This, in my opinion, is the story behind the story of the $134.5 billion seized in Chiasso, Italy.

In the words of Sherlock Holmes " Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

If the Japanese government, which holds $600 billion in US Treasuries wanted to unload any or all of them in Switzerland, the last thing it would do is move them into Switzerland overland through Chiasso. These bonds would be delivered, probably in installments, by plane, by Diplomatic couriers.

Involvement by Japanese Government, then, can be safely ruled out.

Another impossibility to be eliminated is the suggested counterfeit nature of the paper that was confiscated.

The last place on earth anyone would go to move counterfeit paper is Switzerland.

As one who has lived three & four years in that country, I can attest that anyone who thinks he can pass a phony Franklin to a streetwalker in Zurich, even, after midnight, within five short minutes is going to find himself surrounded by three squad cars.

The confiscated 300 sheets of paper, I would say, are simply Dollar-denominated ,Travelers Cheques, issued by "Three Monkeys Banks" to high-rolling members of International, Organized Crime.

The reason for the Japanese trip to Switzerland, I would guess, was to deposit these cheques with a Swiss bank that would underwrite a sale, to an African government, currently cash-strapped & being hectored by the IMF, of a chunk of its national landscape.

The choice of Chiasso as the border-crossing point for Japanese Cheque-runners, I suspect, has much to do with the popular image of "The Italian".

After a few dry-runs through Chiasso past a couple of Italian Customs officials more interested in flirting with the girls & harmonizing to "O Solo Mio", one Japanese might have said to another, "These dry-runs are becoming tiresome. Let's move everything tomorrow & get it over with."

The thought that the two fun-living Italians were both fluent in Japanese probably would not have occurred to the smugglers.

This leaves the Republic of Italy now in possession of $134.5 billion in Underworld Express Travellers Cheques....(Egyptologists on this mailing list will know what I am talking about. In the words of Jackal-god Anubis, "Underworld Express....Don't leave the horizon without it!")

The Japanese Cheque-runners, of course, could report these cheques missing..but only if they are still alive & kicking.

Both Japan & the United States, while insisting that the paper represents "counterfeit US Treasuries", for some reason, are dying to get their hands on this rubbish...while, Italy, which publicly agrees with this characterization, holds on to this rubbish for dear life.

Where is Paul Erdman when you really need him?

Best regards,

Boulder,Neo-Confederate,

David Yuhas

p.s.

As a free-lance journalist & winter-season newspaper editor in Switzerland (which I mention, by way of introduction), I once was having a meeting at the Swiss National Bank with two bank officials, when, who should walk in unannounced but Dr. Fritz Leutwiler, the Bank President.

"Gruetzi, Herr President!" declared the two Swiss as they stood smartly to attention.

Now, I'm an American & a visitor...but... as the saying goes..."When in Rome..."

While living in Zurich I stayed mostly in the Old City, called the Niederdorf, which is walking distance from the Lake, where, during the summer, I was a regular swimmer.

A stone's throw from my digs was my favorite cafe, an unusual place from the looks of it...one in which the Nerds (chess players, readers & Yours truly), sat on one side of the room, while, on the other side, in front of an overhead TV, sat a Mini-skirt Brigade while on break from the night club next door.

The TV was set to old movies & the latest currency rates, which, back in the days before the Euro, was a lot to keep in mind.

Now...I'm no prude...& as the saying goes, "A Smile Costs Nothing", but as a member of the Nerds, the gals & I pretty much ignored each other.

So one evening I am leaving the Cafe out the door on the TV side & the audience seems unusually quiet. So I look up to see what is on...& its the end of the shower scene in "Psycho" where Tony Perkins's "Norman Bates" has just stabbed Janet Leigh....& the soles of Janet's bare feet are in close up as the water from the shower is dripping on them.

Now...for this particular audience, the prospect of being stabbed while naked is not that theoretical...so while walking passed I reached up & gave Janet's feet a quick tickle...eliciting a roar of approval from the audience.

Soon thereafter, on the TV side of the Cafe, it was "Gruetzi, David"

p.p.s.

In the interest of Full Disclosure the writer is second generation Slovak-Sicilian American...something which may well explain his favorite treat..."Poppy-seed & Raisin Pizza".

One will know the Mississippi Valley has arrived when the current corn & soybean desert has been replaced by waves of Cannabis Sativa & poppies.

p.p.p.s.

YouTube - Marc Faber Buy Buy Buy GOLD before the dollar collapses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNAUYXvO16I&feature=related)

p.p.p.p.s.

Q: How is the rapper "Fifty Cent" known in Switzerland?

A: "Franc"