PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Movement needs a 24 hour news network

muh_roads
07-05-2009, 01:38 PM
It's clear the MSM influences how they want people to think. So when is the liberty movement going to get its own 24/7 national news network? When are all the rich liberty peeps going to put their money together to make it happen? Why is this such an uphill battle?

Has the FCC been denying wealthy people in the past from doing this? Has someone like Perot even tried?

specsaregood
07-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Has someone like Perot even tried?

What makes you think Perot was libertarian-minded?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

On February 20, 1992, he appeared on CNN's Larry King Live and announced his intention to run as an independent if his supporters could get his name on the ballot in all 50 states. With such declared policies as balancing the federal budget, firm pro-choice stance, expansion of the war on drugs, ending outsourcing of jobs, opposition to gun control, belief in protectionism on trade, his support of the Environmental Protection Agency and enacting electronic direct democracy via "electronic town halls," he became a potential candidate and soon polled roughly even with the two major party candidates.

muh_roads
07-05-2009, 01:43 PM
What makes you think Perot was libertarian-minded?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

Fair enough don't stray from the topic though.

I just liked what Perot had to say about NAFTA. But regardless...where are the wealthy people to make this happen? Why is this such an uphill battle?

Pericles
07-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Fair enough don't stray from the topic though.

I just liked what Perot had to say about NAFTA. But regardless...where are the wealthy people to make this happen? Why is this such an uphill battle?

That Wikipedia quote is wildly inaccurate (I was on the Perot campaign staff in 1992).

The program was to balance the budget, decrease federal regulation of business with a goal of getting the governemnt out of the way of small business, and trade agreements that did not subsidize companies for moving production out of the US. The focus was on the economy, social issues just serve to devide voters into groups that can be more easily manipulated by groups with a single issue agenda.

It is time for Radio Free America.

specsaregood
07-05-2009, 06:05 PM
But regardless...where are the wealthy people to make this happen? Why is this such an uphill battle?

Well, I would postulate that the REALLY wealthy people like the status-quo.

american.swan
07-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh paaahleeeeezz. You have to request this? Hasn't anyone a clue?

1. Buy some plywood.
2. Buy some paint.
3. Build news room set in parents garage.
4. Borrow grandpa's video camera.
5. Get some social networking accounts
6. Finish the godaddy.com new website account.
7. Post some "news reports" online.
8. Schedule some LIVE broadcast with justin.tv or something.

PEOPLE PLEEEEEASE this isn't HARD. Didn't Apple Inc. start in a garage???

Come ON!!

You think you can get a network cable station started without content? After a few months of this garage set and live broadcast....see if you can get a local cable company to allow your garage broadcast.

.....I'll be waiting for your first transmission.

tpreitzel
07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
No, employment of these devices won't be round-the-clock, but it's another means to circumvent the monopoly of the mass media: ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2197628&postcount=1

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2009, 12:36 AM
For radio at minimum, try: http://libertyradionetwork.com/.
Free Talk Live, Free Minds Radio, Lew Rockwell, Gardner Goldsmith and many more are on a continual 24/7 routine at this channel.

Vessol
07-06-2009, 12:41 AM
no thanks. tv network news is all fail

idiom
07-06-2009, 12:43 AM
You need something to veg in front of without guilt? Not going to help you on that one.

muh_roads
07-06-2009, 01:02 AM
You need something to veg in front of without guilt? Not going to help you on that one.

I'm not the one who wants to veg, I want a medium that can wake up those who do.

Time is running out...and sorry to say but starting a new "me too" internet justin.tv-like channel aint gonna cut it.