PDA

View Full Version : NYC's Metropolitan "Republican" Club

bbachtung
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
According to RonPaul2008.com, the NYC Metropolitan "Republican" Club is refusing to rent space to RP for a fundraiser.

Here's the scoop from the campaign:

NY Republican Club Says "No"
The Metropolitan Republican Club of New York City told us this morning that there was not enough support on its board of directors to allow us to rent space for a fundraising reception.

The reception is scheduled for October 12. We are looking for another location.

Metropolitan Republican Club
http://anonym.to/?http://www.metclubnyc.org/index.html

Here's the e-mail that I sent to them:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am disappointed in your club for refusing to allow Republican Ron Paul to rent space for a fundraiser. It is unfortunate that you are allowing your personal bias to get in the way of what is best for the Republican Party. Ron Paul is the only chance that we have of beating Hillary in 2008.

I urge you to reconsider your decision, and await a response to this e-mail.

Yours in liberty,

Spencer ______
Portland, Oregon

If you choose to e-mail or contact them, please BE POLITE.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 11:31 AM
You might also appeal to their sense of greed, as well as attracting younger members to the party.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I would like to pay them a visit

122 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028

their location?

Grandson of Liberty
09-24-2007, 11:50 AM
So much for being the party of inclusion. Sounds like they need a new board of directors, if they are turning down funds during a "fund-raiser."

aksmith
09-24-2007, 11:54 AM
It's times like this that I say "Thank you Republican club of Manhattan." Why should we throw money at an organization that would exclude us? And make no mistake, every member of that pseudo-Republican club would vote to exclude Ron Paul from any debate or forum that it could.

And when I say pseudo-Republican, that's exactly what I mean. Republicans in that city should be called what they really are, and this also applies to Rudy G: Democrats. Does anyone doubt that?

rodent
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
So much for being the party of inclusion. Sounds like they need a new board of directors, if they are turning down funds during a "fund-raiser."

New York republicans are overwhelmingly zionist and do not want any candidate who won't funnel funds into supporting Israel.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 11:58 AM
It's such a turn off when you guys throw around broad over-generalizations as fact.

Thank God RP doesn't do that.

rodent
09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
It's such a turn off when you guys throw around broad over-generalizations as fact.

The island of Manhattan has a very, very strong Zionist presence. Even the Zionists wouldn't deny it.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Please take a look at his new message, and contact the appropriate people urging them to reconsider their decision.

tiznow
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
NY Republican Club Says "No"

The Metropolitan Republican Club of New York City told us this morning that there was not enough support on its board of directors to allow us to rent space for a fundraising reception.

The reception is scheduled for October 12. We are looking for another location.

http://www.metclubnyc.org/index.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the campaign calls on the internet brigade to give them an earful, time to get to work, and don't be nasty. :)

FreedomLover
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
nvm

zebov
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Please send a polite message to the metclubnyc asking why they won't offer their resources to support a fellow republican. Make sure you are polite.

hopeforamerica
09-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Please take a look at his new message, and contact the appropriate people urging them to reconsider their decision.

I think it would be better publicity to find another venue and then show them how much support there is out there for Ron Paul, not the damn republican party!

constituent
09-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I think it would be better publicity to find another venue and then show them how much support there is out there for Ron Paul, not the damn republican party!

second that motion!

bbachtung
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Alleged zionism aside, the greed angle is interesting. You'd think that a group that is having trouble getting funds to fix their building would jump at the chance to make some money (from a Republican no less).

Here's something from their president's report:

Also in the works in the fall or early winter is a fundraising event for our Club. Unfortunately, projects like the air conditioner refurbishment this year and the boiler replacement last year are very expensive. We need as much support as possible to keep our Club active and thriving as a voice of commonsense Republicanism on the East Side .

http://www.metclubnyc.org/whatsnew.htm

Although they claim they won't be endorsing anyone until after the primaries, this is interesting (from the same report as above):

Our club is very proud to host an important event on Thursday, September 27, starting at 6:45 pm. Fred Siegel, Professor of History at Cooper Union, will be discussing his timely book, The Prince of the City: Giuliani, New York and the Genius of American Life. Professor Siegel, a renowned expert on urban history will be discussing the Giuliani administration, the 9/11 attacks and the role of Mayor Bloomberg in continuing Mr. Giuliani’s legacy. The event is free for members and just $5 for nonmembers. Professor Siegel will be available to autograph this book.

tiznow
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM

Well the campaign by posting this as well as giving us the website link is asking us to contact them (although not saying it directly)

that said up to the individual what they care to do.

Johnnybags
09-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Alleged zionism aside, the greed angle is interesting. You'd think that a group that is having trouble getting funds to fix their building would jump at the chance to make some money (from a Republican no less).

Here's something from their president's report:

http://www.metclubnyc.org/whatsnew.htm

Although they claim they won't be endorsing anyone until after the primaries, this is interesting (from the same report as above):

revealing?

hopeforamerica
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Well the campaign by posting this as well as giving us the website link is asking us to contact them (although not saying it directly)

that said up to the individual what they care to do.

Maybe they want to create a buzz again. Remember how excluding Ron Paul in the past has actually worked to his advantage. More press....

Cowlesy
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Good to know they wouldn't even consider renting space to a nationally know conservative republican Presidential candidate.

That's the sort of message that makes sure guys like me will never write them a check for membership.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Once you have your own location,you should send people over to the republican thingy and ask about Ron Paul and then leave ,THE GOP NEEDS A SPANKING

skilt
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
The island of Manhattan has a very, very strong Zionist presence. Even the Zionists wouldn't deny it.

Thanks dude, for exposing your ignorance. As a JEW, I think I can fairly reliably say that the tossing around of the word ZIONIST is inflammatory at a minimum, and frankly racist at its worst. First off you need to know the definition of the word, not as you define it - which seems to blanketly cover all jews, but as it was originally defined by JEWS themselves - go look at your history. Quit making jews the boogey man for our ills - it's ignorant an uniformed. George bush, Dick Cheney, Hillary clinton, Barak Obama, The guys who run GE, the rockefellars, etc. don't have a jewish bone in their body. Are there some jews in extremely influential positions like Alan Greenspan was - sure, but what are we suppose to do, scrape the bottom of the barrel and quit trying to excel so everyone can quit holding us responsible for all the bad shit that goes down - give me a break.

Second, most new york city jews are democrats (which I as a jew have never understood). SO, don't point to New York city Jews as the reason RP was shut out by the "Republican Club". If anything, most American Jews agree with RP on foriegn policy i.e. let Israel take care of their own business in their neck of the woods and get the phuck out of IRAQ.

Again Main Point: Quit tossing around the word Zionist - it reminds me of something Hitler would say, and frankly pisses people off. I'm sure the Klan has their own forum somewhere - think about checking that out.

Sk

aknappjr
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Guys, instead of contacting the club, perhaps you could contact NYC media instead.

ItsTime
09-24-2007, 01:40 PM
They are worried about all the spamming that will take place.

surf
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i sent a note to Margaret Carlson saying GOP opposition to a candidate that is growing the party would be a good story. i'm not holding my breath, though, with MA in NYC today.

njandrewg
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Why even bother? If they don't want our money...fuck them, just go to another location. I sincerly doubt they would cut us a deal anyways...so why not just rent a conference hall somewhere else?

Also NYU and Columbia are right there...why not rent an auditorium there?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Why even bother? If they don't want our money...fuck them, just go to another location. I sincerly doubt they would cut us a deal anyways...so why not just rent a conference hall somewhere else?

Also NYU and Columbia are right there...why not rent an auditorium there?

Yeah, it's not even a big group

rodent
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks dude, for exposing your ignorance. As a JEW, I think I can fairly reliably say that the tossing around of the word ZIONIST is inflammatory at a minimum, and frankly racist at its worst. First off you need to know the definition of the word, not as you define it - which seems to blanketly cover all jews, but as it was originally defined by JEWS themselves - go look at your history. Quit making jews the boogey man for our ills - it's ignorant an uniformed. George bush, Dick Cheney, Hillary clinton, Barak Obama, The guys who run GE, the rockefellars, etc. don't have a jewish bone in their body. Are there some jews in extremely influential positions like Alan Greenspan was - sure, but what are we suppose to do, scrape the bottom of the barrel and quit trying to excel so everyone can quit holding us responsible for all the bad shit that goes down - give me a break.

Second, most new york city jews are democrats (which I as a jew have never understood). SO, don't point to New York city Jews as the reason RP was shut out by the "Republican Club". If anything, most American Jews agree with RP on foriegn policy i.e. let Israel take care of their own business in their neck of the woods and get the phuck out of IRAQ.

Again Main Point: Quit tossing around the word Zionist - it reminds me of something Hitler would say, and frankly pisses people off. I'm sure the Klan has their own forum somewhere - think about checking that out.

Sk

Now Jews that are Zionists are offended at being labeled the label they created for themselves? And another point of contention: It's not an inconsistency that that NYC Jews are democrats. It's the democrat Jews that defected to the republican party that created the neo-conservatives. The two party system doesn't seem to offer an alternative viewpoint that opposes Zionist agendas.

You put words into my mouth. If I have to go to a klan forum, then you can take your self-righteous indignation to a pity party about the holocaust. Frankly, I'm getting tired of angry Jews on forums deciding to twist every thread that references them into a lecture on antisemitism.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
kiss and make up peeps RON PAUL 2008

aksmith
09-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Now Jews that are Zionists are offended at being labeled the label they created for themselves? And another point of contention: It's not an inconsistency that that NYC Jews are democrats. It's the democrat Jews that defected to the republican party that created the neo-conservatives. The two party system doesn't seem to offer an alternative viewpoint that opposes Zionist agendas.

You put words into my mouth. If I have to go to a klan forum, then you can take your self-righteous indignation to a pity party about the holocaust. Frankly, I'm getting tired of angry Jews on forums deciding to twist every thread that references them into a lecture on antisemitism.

Okay. No twisting. When you say Zionist, what exactly do you mean? That will clear up the entire problem.

rodent
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Okay. No twisting. When you say Zionist, what exactly do you mean? That will clear up the entire problem.

A follower of the Zionist movement, as defined by wikipedia.

skilt
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
? And another point of contention: It's not an inconsistency that that NYC Jews are democrats. It's the democrat Jews that defected to the republican party that created the neo-conservatives. The two party system doesn't seem to offer an alternative viewpoint that opposes Zionist agendas.

1. Didn't put words in your mouth - there plainly there for everyone to see - can't blame zionists for that.

2. Neo conservatives are not at there core even remotely a jewish collective of zionists who were formerly democrats - seriously except for Wolfowitz and bil Kristol, name one prominent one, and I will name you 20 who are not ergo (that 's latin for therefore) jews are not the driving force behind nation building - was woodrow wilson a Jew???

3. You make my point for me ,"Now Jews that are Zionists are offended at being labeled the label they created for themselves" as I'm not a zionist, but you've so conveniently put me under the umbrella. By the way most jews in 1948 were not zionists, as they believed the "messiah" would have to return before the homeland could be reclaimed - inconvenient truth for you, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

4. Jews don't have pity parties. After having our can kicked around for 5000 years we long ago found the best course of action was to pick ourselves up and move forward. You should try it.

5. Not very Ron Paulian of you to so blanketly label one group, as one of his most common themes is that we derive our rights from our creator, not a group or particular race that we may belong too - we are individuals, not zionists, not gays, not insert your racist label here ( I suggest you watch the first scene in Full Metal Jacket - it's got some you'll find appealing I'm sure).

Instead of looking for a boogey man, look in a mirror, as it is all of us who are responsible for letting our goverment get out of control - not just one group covertly driving the wagon

Sk

aknappjr
09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Please end this thread.

The President of the Met club, who is a friend of mine, was in favor of having the event at the club. It was his board that was at fault. And now they are being spammed. Please stop this, as it puts strain on our ability to mount a successful campaign here in New York. Thank you!

Grandson of Liberty
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Please end this thread.

The President of the Met club, who is a friend of mine, was in favor of having the event at the club. It was his board that was at fault. And now they are being spammed. Please stop this, as it puts strain on our ability to mount a successful campaign here in New York. Thank you!

A successful campaign for whom? Ron Paul? It doesn't sound like the Met was even trying to mount a campaign. If it's a campaign for other Republicans, well, actions have consequences, and the board chose poorly. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but if they make a decision to exclude Dr. Paul, there's bound to be "blowback." If it does indeed impede efforts for Dr. Paul, then I will agree any spammers should cool their jets.

That said, the thread should indeed be ended. It's been hijacked into a debate and namecalling forum regarding zionism.

RP4ME
09-24-2007, 04:27 PM

I hear ya but do you have another explanation?

RP4ME
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM

I think you are correct !!!

aknappjr
09-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Please end this thread.

The President of the Met club, who is a friend of mine, was in favor of having the event at the club. It was his board that was at fault. And now they are being spammed. Please stop this, as it puts strain on our ability to mount a successful campaign for Ron Paul here in New York. Thank you!