PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day Progaganda

tpreitzel
07-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm just fine with waving the Stars and Stripes when the motives of those waving the flag are constitutionally principled, but I absolutely hate unsavory characters using Independence Day to promote their unconstitutional wars. For example, the AT&T National golf championship on CBS and hosted by Tiger Woods (Obama supporter) is using Independence Day as a means of encouraging support for our unconstitutional wars by using well-meaning, but misguided troops as dupes in a propaganda war. From the photo shoot of Tiger stuffing USO boxes to the American flags on the flagpoles, everything about this event is propaganda to rally support for unconstitutional wars in the name of supporting our troops. Supporting our troops is fine. Supporting unconstitutional wars is not. Sever the connection, propagandists! Let's talk about the meaning of the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution on Independence Day! Although Martina McBride wasn't singing about independence from propagandists, she was singing about independence from abuse and oppression. I can hear her singing Independence Day now about independence from the lies and abuse of our government and mass media! :)

"Let freedom ring,let the white dove sing
let the whole world know that today
is a day of reckoning.
Let the weak be strong,let the right be wrong
roll the stone away,let the guilty pay
it's Independence Day."

YouTube - Martina McBride - Independence Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYENO6r5vVo)

Today, we should find many such cases of propaganda. Feel free to provide your own examples.

tpreitzel
07-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Here's a response to one of my reply's to a thread on www.infowars.com from a marine currently stationed in Iraq. Notice a lot of his high school enlisted in the Marine Corps due to the media's glorification of war. How many more young men and women have been suckered into joining the military today because of the continuing propaganda for war from the media?

Ryan in iraq Reply:
July 3rd, 2009 at 5:05 pm

thank you, i actually didnt know that smedley butler said all the stuff he said, he’s kind of a legend in the marine corps, he got 2 medals of honor…. but they fail to mention all of the other things he said of course… honestly, i was completely brainwashed even before i joined, bootcamp and s o i do some pretty good brainwashing though to though… the media glorified the war youknow, alot of us in my high school enlisted, i never even knew there was debate on how the towers went down until i was going to iraq my first time…thanks for your support , im glad you aren’t a military hater like alot of others here on this site, i was about to stop coming to this site cus of alot of people just hate the military on this site and everyone in it. it was kinda disheartening to hear that…but thank you

Let's encourage our politicians to return the Ryans of the military to our shores until a proper congressional declaration of war is issued with state representation in congress.