PDA

View Full Version : any weaknesses for RJ's opponent?

scandinaviany3
07-04-2009, 12:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cole

Definitely a tough area and incumbent to take on for RJ.

Any big weaknesses people know about for his opponent?

scandinaviany3
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Good enough for me..all TARP people have to go....tough, tough battle but will get my support to get rid of a bad republican

Njon
07-04-2009, 04:35 PM
He also voted for Obama'a GIVE Act (i.e., a big step towards mandatory national service for young people). http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll140.xml

bucfish
07-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Tail him find him with a mysterious mistress, but do not tell the Media until two weeks before the election, LOL

scandinaviany3
07-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Tail him find him with a mysterious mistress, but do not tell the Media until two weeks before the election, LOL

good to see you bucfish.:)

abrahamclark
07-05-2009, 03:15 PM
From RJ's site (scroll towards the bottom of the homepage www.rjharris2010.com)

1. Voted for both TARP Bailout Bills
2. Never served in the armed forces
3. Voted for Obama's GIVE Act
4. 50% Freedom Index Rating on Constitutional Votes
5. Supports a vast array of unconstitutional special interests.
6. Received over $400,000 of his campaign finances from special interests.
7. Supports an unconstitutional Foreign Policy
8. Supports Extending the Federal Governments Involvment in Oklahoma's Education ("I'd like to see No Child Left Behind get re-authorized. Many people are critical of it. But it's been broadly successful." Tom Cole
9. Will not support the Fairtax or Constitutional Tax Reform
10. Voted for Warrantless Searches
11. Has never voted to balance the Budget
12. Cole also voted for 2008's "Economic Stimulus Plan"

Tom Cole shows a consistent pattern of voting against the US Constitution. This is unacceptable for any US representative, especially when that person claims to be a conservative or republican. Additionally, Cole has never voted for a balanced budget, hardly cut taxes, and has not spoken out strongly against any bad economic policies.

scandinaviany3
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
From RJ's site (scroll towards the bottom of the homepage www.rjharris2010.com)

1. Voted for both TARP Bailout Bills
2. Never served in the armed forces
3. Voted for Obama's GIVE Act
4. 50% Freedom Index Rating on Constitutional Votes
5. Supports a vast array of unconstitutional special interests.
6. Received over $400,000 of his campaign finances from special interests.
7. Supports an unconstitutional Foreign Policy
8. Supports Extending the Federal Governments Involvment in Oklahoma's Education ("I'd like to see No Child Left Behind get re-authorized. Many people are critical of it. But it's been broadly successful." Tom Cole
9. Will not support the Fairtax or Constitutional Tax Reform
10. Voted for Warrantless Searches
11. Has never voted to balance the Budget
12. Cole also voted for 2008's "Economic Stimulus Plan"

Tom Cole shows a consistent pattern of voting against the US Constitution. This is unacceptable for any US representative, especially when that person claims to be a conservative or republican. Additionally, Cole has never voted for a balanced budget, hardly cut taxes, and has not spoken out strongly against any bad economic policies.

Well definitely focus on tarp and 2008's economic stimulus plan

GeorgeWashingonOKC
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Maybe you could attack him for being so well respected among the "Republican establishment"... Being the kind of guy they take notice of and listen to? That kinda thing?

abrahamclark
07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Maybe you could attack him for being so well respected among the "Republican establishment"... Being the kind of guy they take notice of and listen to? That kinda thing?

It looks like RJ has gotten the establishment so scared that they are coming into his forum trying to bad mouth him. LMAO ... Awesome job RJ!

acptulsa
07-09-2009, 01:52 PM

He's not running in the first district. He's running in the fourth. I think not.

Of course, by next fall they may be in such ill repute that it would work. But Cole will have distanced himself from them in that event.

Silvsilvchan
07-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I do want to be clear on something.

1: VOTING FOR RJ! I am from his district. =)
2: I have meet Tom Cole. During the 2008 presidential election, right before our district convention.

He was telling people to be nicer to Ron Paul supporters and welcome them into the party as the way they (we) were being shunned he felt was absolutely shameful. I got a second to talk to him about that and he APOLOGIZED to me for it.

THAT SAID, I do not think Cole is acceptable for office and we SHOULD remove him from it. HOWEVER, just because he has a terrible voting record and supports things that are atrocious doesn't make he himself a bad person.

Stick to the facts, AKA his voting record and positions, and avoid anything resembling a personal attack. Show the man the respect he has shown us by voting and campaigning against him but remaining friendly to him and his supporters.

Coming across as lady like and gentlemanly and making this clean not only is the RIGHT thing to do but it will make us look more appealing to people who are undecided.

And before any one freaks out, yes I realize Bucfish was joking about making him the next Mark Sanford.

Sides, if you really wanted to ruin him go for making him the next Mark Foley. :cool: