PDA

View Full Version : Potential Future Meetup Locations & Time

catkin
06-03-2007, 01:14 PM
A few days ago I saw an email that suggested we meet during the day at a park. I think is a great idea...and I recall some others did as well.

There is a HUGE covered area at Draper Park that would make a great meeting place. And I'm sure there are many similar spots statewide. I would rather meet up during the day preferably between 12-5 pm.

I think the advantages for meeting at a park would be:

1. Families can bring their kids. Kids can play.

2. We can make the atmosphere a little more "fun" and hopefully draw more members to the meeting.

3. We can bring signs and hang them near us while we meet, which might draw curious park goers to talk with us or listen in...but if nothing else they will see Ron Paul revolution signs which equals exposure.

4. It's a neutral meeting place and will likely allow the more shy members to want to come down to the meeting.

5. Day time would maybe allow more people to participate because, some of us.... including myself have a full night of clubbing to do. /sarcasm

6. Beverages and BBQ! (I'll volunteer to bring hot dogs for everyone!!)

Also if we had supplies and spray paint it would be easier to get people to help make signs after the meeting...I know I would.

I'll try to get an image posted of the very large pavillion at Draper Park. I realize that this would be more of a summer time thing but it's a start.

These are my thoughts. PLEASE POST YOUR IDEAS.
Chris Atkin
801-673-6487

UtahApocalypse
06-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Food? Sounds good to me !!

Eric
06-03-2007, 03:31 PM
As long as the idea with the kids is so ppl won't have to find babysitters and one or two members can volunteer to watch them play a little distance away, so the adults can hear ourselves think and do the important work, then I'm for it. If it turns into a kiddyfest where we are all babysitting them screaming for a few hours, then that would be counterproductive.

A park could offer a good advantage also if we are mostly wearing Ron Paul T-shirts and bring a few signs. Curious bystanders might come and notice and ask questions, or at the very least the idea that Ron Paul has a lot of supporters might stick in their mind, which is the idea behind lawn signs in the first place - people think someone is popular - they will vote for him too. So this park idea could be good.

Swmorgan77
06-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I think this is a GREAT idea for future meetups. I'm all for it!

Swmorgan77
06-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I think this is a GREAT idea for future meetups. I'm all for it! It will make good footage for the video too.