PDA

View Full Version : An idea to protest cap & trade and the job of Congress in general.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Have you ever heard the story of the man who got fed up with the traffic cameras? One day he got a letter from the local police that contained a photo of his car going through the intersection and a ticket. So he responded by taking a picture of the money he would pay the fine with and he sent that to them.

Well folks, Congress is not listening to us as you well know. We have tried the tea parties and they do not care. We have tried phone calls, letters and e-mails galore and they do not get the message. We have had rallies in D.C. and they just ignore it. So what if we could send them a message to let them know loud and clear that we have had all that we can take and we refuse to take anymore?

I think I have the way to get our point across. I propose that we send photos of torches and pitchforks to our representatives in D.C. by the thousands. We say nothing else and truly let a picture speak a thousand words.

All we would need for this is a date set up for people to send their pictures out so that we can assure that the mailboxes of our representatives are flooded. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

RideTheDirt
07-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Don't forget tar and feathers.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Don't forget tar and feathers.

Good one... I like it! Any other ideas of what we can send?

CaseyJones
07-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Make them postcards :D

sevin
07-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Have you ever heard the story of the man who got fed up with the traffic cameras? One day he got a letter from the local police that contained a photo of his car going through the intersection and a ticket. So he responded by taking a picture of the money he would pay the fine with and he sent that to them.

You know, in response they sent him a picture of handcuffs. He eventually paid the fine.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-04-2009, 12:12 AM
You know, in response they sent him a picture of handcuffs. He eventually paid the fine.

Yes but it still got media attention and he made his point. This is a lot bigger than a traffic ticket and I think it would easily get our point across.

Optatron
07-04-2009, 01:14 AM
YouTube - Send A Rope - Save the Nation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcG4PVl3WSY)

Romulus
07-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I like the idea, and that day should have been today. We'll need to set a date in advance and make it viral.

CaseyJones
07-04-2009, 01:10 PM
bump

Sandman33
07-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Hrmm....they send us Sars, Bird/Swine Flu and god knows what else.....Remember when they found that someone was mailing ANTHRAX?? And they found that it's strain was confirmed to have come from the govt!

I don't think sending them anything will get the point across anymore.

It didn't work when they tried it in the 1700's and it's not going to work now. There's a reason they're trying to take your guns....and it's NOT for your own protection.

Romulus
07-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I dunno... I heard Obama was pretty PO'd about the guy calling in to send tea bags. Wasn't he summoned to the WH? What came of that?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-10-2009, 11:59 PM
We really need to do something blatant to get our point across. I believe doing this would make our point and if we get millions or at least a few hundred thousand to do this than there is no way they are going to come after all of us. A great way to do this would be to tie it into the next tea parties by going out to rally people to get it done.

CaseyJones
07-10-2009, 11:59 PM
I dunno... I heard Obama was pretty PO'd about the guy calling in to send tea bags. Wasn't he summoned to the WH? What came of that?

ya what did happen when Bob Basso went to the white house?

tangent4ronpaul
07-11-2009, 02:13 AM

lol! - that's pretty good!

Though when one PD was using mobile vans and moving these, or was is speed traps around - a group of HS students snuck up and stole the license plates off the van and then went through the intersection at like 80mph with the PD tags on their car! lol!

Well folks, Congress is not listening to us as you well know. We have tried the tea parties and they do not care. We have tried phone calls, letters and e-mails galore and they do not get the message. We have had rallies in D.C. and they just ignore it. So what if we could send them a message to let them know loud and clear that we have had all that we can take and we refuse to take anymore?

I think I have the way to get our point across. I propose that we send photos of torches and pitchforks to our representatives in D.C. by the thousands. We say nothing else and truly let a picture speak a thousand words.

All we would need for this is a date set up for people to send their pictures out so that we can assure that the mailboxes of our representatives are flooded. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

Great idea! - lets do it!

-t