PDA

View Full Version : Coming Back.

Bold As Love
07-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Larry Elder once said "sometimes you just have to join the side your on".

About a year ago, I was spending an incredible amount of time on this effort but in my disgust at the local political climate (VERY pro GOP, neo-con) I turned against all things even a shade of Republican. Felt betrayed by the LP for nominating a guy I just didn't trust. I went with Barack Obama. I wanted the Republicans to lose and to lose BAD. Didn't so much want the Democrats to win but wanted the Republican party to feel a gut wrenching defeat that would destroy the party forever. (thats uplifting, huh?)

Well, that didn't quite happen and am more afraid than ever that the neo-cons will lie, cheat and tea-party their way to a rise from the ashes and return to their non-market, pro-corporate ways.

But that doesn't matter. I write this as a form of therapy, I guess. Its time to stop being ANTI-something and start being PRO-something. PRO-freedom, PRO-market. Not sure if this even makes sense or is appropriate to voice in this forum but I want to join the side of pushing the positive message of liberty rather than hoping for the destruction of the negative messages of partisanship, greed, ignorance and corruption.

(By the way...I do like President Obama...Its very refreshing to have a President who I feel is going to be straightforward with us...but feel more confident than ever that in about 8 years the nation will be ready to embrace the principles of Austrian Economics)

FSP-Rebel
07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Welcome back, dude.

torchbearer
07-03-2009, 09:47 PM
The negatives of this country will destroy themselves, we should position ourselves to selling the positives.
Welcome back Kotter.
http://scrapetv.com/News/News Pages/Games/Images/welcome-back-kotter-cast.jpg

YouTube - Welcome Back Kotter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU)

loarmistead
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
So, to get back at the neo-cons that have shredded the Constitution and hindered liberty and the free market from operating at every possible corner... you voted for Barack Obama? :confused:

Well, OK... I guess I'm glad you've come back... :D

torchbearer
07-03-2009, 09:52 PM
and just for kicks:
YouTube - John Travolta sings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy3IkXrgv3I)

Dorfsmith
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I like this thread. :)

torchbearer
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I like this thread. :)

YouTube - welcome back kotter joke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMddLh2ZdC8)

Bold As Love
07-03-2009, 10:00 PM
wow, thanks everyone!:)

Danke
07-03-2009, 10:02 PM
(By the way...I do like President Obama...Its very refreshing to have a President who I feel is going to be straightforward with us.

Wut?

CaseyJones
07-03-2009, 10:04 PM
YouTube - Accentuate the Positive - Bette Midler & Bing Crosby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45EB4TiYz4)

Steeleye
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
(By the way...I do like President Obama...Its very refreshing to have a President who I feel is going to be straightforward with us.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Bold As Love
07-03-2009, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=loarmistead;2195482]So, to get back at the neo-cons that have shredded the Constitution and hindered liberty and the free market from operating at every possible corner... you voted for Barack Obama? :confused:

yeah. Aware of the inconsistency, the final straw was when I received an inane and completely condescending letter from my GOP congressman defending his vote for the wall street bailout in response to an e-mail.

My faulty logic was that I saw it as MORE evil for a party to claim to be in favor of small government and free markets and do the opposite than for a party to never even pretend to be. End result is the same but different...somewhat analogous to hating FOXNEWS for being so "fair and balanced", maybe.:D

Bold As Love
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
yeah, sorry...slight touch of sarcasm there. Doesn't come off well online.

Kade
07-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Larry Elder once said "sometimes you just have to join the side your on".

About a year ago, I was spending an incredible amount of time on this effort but in my disgust at the local political climate (VERY pro GOP, neo-con) I turned against all things even a shade of Republican. Felt betrayed by the LP for nominating a guy I just didn't trust. I went with Barack Obama. I wanted the Republicans to lose and to lose BAD. Didn't so much want the Democrats to win but wanted the Republican party to feel a gut wrenching defeat that would destroy the party forever. (thats uplifting, huh?)

Well, that didn't quite happen and am more afraid than ever that the neo-cons will lie, cheat and tea-party their way to a rise from the ashes and return to their non-market, pro-corporate ways.

But that doesn't matter. I write this as a form of therapy, I guess. Its time to stop being ANTI-something and start being PRO-something. PRO-freedom, PRO-market. Not sure if this even makes sense or is appropriate to voice in this forum but I want to join the side of pushing the positive message of liberty rather than hoping for the destruction of the negative messages of partisanship, greed, ignorance and corruption.

(By the way...I do like President Obama...Its very refreshing to have a President who I feel is going to be straightforward with us...but feel more confident than ever that in about 8 years the nation will be ready to embrace the principles of Austrian Economics)

I like this honest and fair post.

Bold As Love
07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Wut?

yeah, sorry...there was a slight touch of sarcasm there. To try to put it a little more clearly, government is going to grow be leaps and bounds, he doesn't try to pretend it won't. I don't think he is pretending to be something he is not. We know where he stands and the direction he's going. And that should put the Austrian perspective in good position in the future, IMHO. Hope that makes sense.

and am re-learning the mechanics of quoting, etc.

satchelmcqueen
07-03-2009, 10:22 PM
welcome back man. dont know what youve been seeing as of late, but obama is anything but straight forward. he is in fact one of if not the biggest con men ive ever seen. keep reading the forums and youll soon see for yourself with something to back up what im saying. and tea parties, dont let the gop fool you on that one either. it is not gop nor democrat. it is people like us. regular people non partisan fed up people. the tea parties are where this is going to start things rolling.

good to have ya back.

Original_Intent
07-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Wut da fuk?

fixed :D

Kade
07-03-2009, 10:24 PM
welcome back man. dont know what youve been seeing as of late, but obama is anything but straight forward. he is in fact one of if not the biggest con men ive ever seen. keep reading the forums and youll soon see for yourself with something to back up what im saying. and tea parties, dont let the gop fool you on that one either. it is not gop nor democrat. it is people like us. regular people non partisan fed up people. the tea parties are where this is going to start things rolling.

good to have ya back.

I wish you folks here were a little more non-partisan... there is a strong lean right, however.. and in most cases an outright tacit endorsement of GOP politics, candidates, and tactics.

sevin
07-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I do like President Obama...Its very refreshing to have a President who I feel is going to be straightforward with us...but feel more confident than ever that in about 8 years the nation will be ready to embrace the principles of Austrian Economics)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ***takes a deep breath***hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

But seriously, welcome back.

BTW, I know what you mean about him not pretending to be something he isn't, but that's like saying, "At least Bush doesn't pretend to be anti-war." And in a lot of ways, Obama is pretending. He's pretending to care about the U.S. and its people.

misterx
07-04-2009, 01:12 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ***takes a deep breath***hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

But seriously, welcome back.

BTW, I know what you mean about him not pretending to be something he isn't, but that's like saying, "At least Bush doesn't pretend to be anti-war." And in a lot of ways, Obama is pretending. He's pretending to care about the U.S. and its people.

And just like Bush was straightforward about wanting war, but lied about his motive and how much it would cost, Obama is straightforward about being a statist, but lies about the intentions and real impact of his social programs. Bullshit cap and trade is about global warming. It's about increasing government power and revenue, and in no way will the impact on working families be as small he claims.

satchelmcqueen
07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
I wish you folks here were a little more non-partisan... there is a strong lean right, however.. and in most cases an outright tacit endorsement of GOP politics, candidates, and tactics.

that aint me man. i dont like either party, never have. im for being left alone so i can live my own life. if thats called leaning to the right or left, then so be it. and i sure dont endorse anything the gop endorses by any means as a party. anything i support that anyone else supports from either party, is purely coincidence. im for me and me only.

JoshLowry
07-04-2009, 09:23 AM

There is Ron Paul right and then GOP right(neocon). About 97% of us stand behind RP, a few others have slipped in.

Who here endorses the tactics/politics/candidates of the GOP? What do you mean "in most cases"?