PDA

View Full Version : Success! I can't believe it!

Santana28
09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
You might have seen my previous post about my Hillary-supporting grandmother. Anyone who knows my family knows that they are hard-headed stubborn SOBs who rarely listen to ANYONE - even each other. LOL.

Anyways - i was sending her a letter and i figured i might as well throw some Ron Paul material in there with it. I sent her the Statement of Faith, a Liberty card, a Slim Jim, and a couple of the one-sheets that i picked up at the Straw Poll about the various issues.

She wrote me back the following :

"PS. I read all the info about Ron Paul. I will be paying close attention to him during the debates, etc. I take voting very seriously, and i was impressed by what i read."

Woo hoo! I can barely believe my eyes. Anyone have any VHS copies of his debates or speeches? She doesn't have a DVD player. I honestly can't believe she wrote that :) I am so happy! Once she cracks, the rest of the family might crack as well since they all pretty much listen to her as far as voting is concerned. And did i mention the woman is a pro-choice Christian UAW member? wow.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
SWEET,great job,the message sells itself

Santana28
09-24-2007, 11:00 AM
yeah, no kidding! i've got to get her some things to read and watch now. she's home on disability so i know she'll actually read and watch it.

slantedview
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Wish I could say the same for my grandparents. I was shot down HARD when trying to recruit them. I think they're a (neocon) lost cause.

wgadget
09-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Ya know....I just realized that we could make a lot of old people in nursing homes very happy with the attention given to them in the name of voting for Ron Paul. They're the sweetest bunch of people in the world, for the most part.

MsDoodahs
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Not just in nursing homes...

There are lots of "assisted living" facilities around the nation, where the elderly are a lot more active and in better physical condition, and all sorts of "seniors clubs" all over the place, too.

:)

jj111
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
How can you reach these assisted living places as an activist?

richard1984
09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
How can you reach these assisted living places as an activist?

Hey! That's a good idea!!! I hadn't thought of that.... There are several new "assisted living/retirement communities" around my home town (about 20 minutes from here in Knoxville). They would be great to try to recruit!

RP08
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
You might have seen my previous post about my Hillary-supporting grandmother. Anyone who knows my family knows that they are hard-headed stubborn SOBs who rarely listen to ANYONE - even each other. LOL.

Anyways - i was sending her a letter and i figured i might as well throw some Ron Paul material in there with it. I sent her the Statement of Faith, a Liberty card, a Slim Jim, and a couple of the one-sheets that i picked up at the Straw Poll about the various issues.

She wrote me back the following :

"PS. I read all the info about Ron Paul. I will be paying close attention to him during the debates, etc. I take voting very seriously, and i was impressed by what i read."

Woo hoo! I can barely believe my eyes. Anyone have any VHS copies of his debates or speeches? She doesn't have a DVD player. I honestly can't believe she wrote that :) I am so happy! Once she cracks, the rest of the family might crack as well since they all pretty much listen to her as far as voting is concerned. And did i mention the woman is a pro-choice Christian UAW member? wow.

Niiice! Buy her a DVD player and send it with a Ron Paul DVD. The basic players can be found for $30-$40 these days :)

edit: link:
http://electronics.pricegrabber.com/dvd-players/p/75/form_keyword=dvd+player/sortby=priceA

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Wish I could say the same for my grandparents. I was shot down HARD when trying to recruit them. I think they're a (neocon) lost cause.

In some ways, the neocons are much harder sells than democrats. Although the GOP should be thrilled that we're bringing so many new people into the party, I think the opposite is true.

wgadget
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Freedom is popular.

bbachtung
09-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Check out the website that I put up (I'm not a senior, but I believe that they are essential to a Ron Paul victory):

http://www.seniorsforronpaul.com

Most seniors want to leave this country (and world) a better place for their children and grandchildren. Ron Paul will do that, while still looking out for their interests. He is the best hope for America, and, as a senior citizen himself (not to mention a doctor), he is uniquely qualified to address issues important to seniors.

Larofeticus
09-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah someone should figure out a way to do this.

I highly doubt it's just as as simple as walking in the front door of a retirment home and asking to talk to the old people about politics.