PDA

View Full Version : My Attempt to Influence Mitt Romney

RyanMoran
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Last month, Mitt Romney held an essay contest to answer the question, "What does a free and strong America mean to you?"

I jumped on the chance to influence him for the cause of liberty. Unfortunately, I was not one of the winners. However, if one person on his campaign had a seed planted to fight for liberty, then my $50 entry fee was well spent.

Below is my entry (it had to be 250 words or less):

"Our Founders envisioned a nation built upon the strength and ingenuity of its people that would thrive because of its citizens’ freedom to invent, serve, and create. America has never been immune from facing challenges, but their vision remains, and even in the face of difficulty, America derives its strength from the freedom of its people.

"Today, as our nation faces a new set of obstacles, America must again rely on the same strength of its people to find solutions instead of seeking them from the entanglements of bureaucracy. A free America that allows its citizens to be inspired and motivated to serve each other in a free market, keep the fruits of their labor, and be free of the good intentions of big government can better overcome obstacles than can any special interest group or politician who may arrogantly believe in meeting challenges by cultivating a dependence on government.

"Therefore, America’s strength is dependent upon the protection of its citizens liberties against foreign and domestic threats alike. The ultimate role of government is to protect freedom from its threats, whether it be from those who want to destroy it, the threat of bureaucracy and taxation, or threats against the family.

"From its inception, America’s strength has been found not from government, but from people who overcome challenges to create better lives for themselves and others. To continue its greatness and strength, America will rely on its people and ensure that their liberties are never lost."

Epic
07-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Awesome, too bad you didn't get picked.

specsaregood
07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Awesome, too bad you didn't get picked.

Yeah the winner was probably something like, "You sit down with your attorneys and tell you want you have to do..."

satchelmcqueen
07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Wonder what did win? Bet it was a pro government write up.

RyanMoran
07-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah the winner was probably something like, "You sit down with your attorneys and tell you want you have to do..."

Baha! I laughed out loud. Good reference of one of the greatest moments in the debates.

james1906
07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
What does a free and strong America mean to you?

Inflating the currency by borrowing from China to fund wars against backwater nations that threaten our freedom because they hate freedom.

Where's my money Willard?