PDA

View Full Version : Why is FOX and Rush not promoting July 4 Tea parties?

max
07-03-2009, 12:28 PM
The neo-con media went all out to promoted the April 15 events....but I havent heard anything about the July 4 Tea parties.

Is it a case of been there-done that....or has word gone out to not stoke the public flames anymore

pacelli
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Because the neo-con media does not have any control over July 4 tea parties, like they did with the April 15 events.

max
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Because the neo-con media does not have any control over July 4 tea parties, like they did with the April 15 events.

interesting theory.....

perhaps when they realized that so many of the April 15 attendees were NOT Republican drones but actually haters of BOTH parties......they figured they should black us out then....

makes sense..

paulitics
07-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Once they latched their tentacles on the tea parties, it died. They destroy everything they touch.

slacker921
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
and why is CFL not promoting them.. ?

gls
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Sounds to me like it's a good sign; that the "tea party" movement is no longer serving their interests/heading in the direction they had hoped. I think it opens the whole thing up to be a more inclusive...I'm sure there are plenty of people very concerned about the direction of the country but don't want to be associated with these corporatist tools.

Optatron
07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

LittleLightShining
07-03-2009, 01:23 PM
According to these guys (http://greenmountaindaily.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=4619), they are.

And in case you really don't know what the Tea Parties are about, they're more than happy to let you know. (http://greenmountaindaily.com/diary/4622/but-its-really-nonpartisan-i-swear)

Join The Paul Side
07-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Once they latched their tentacles on the tea parties, it died. They destroy everything they touch.

That's not true. It's better to let the tea parties occur on their own. The Liberal media spun the April 15th Tea Parties as a Fox News event to take the luster out of pissed off Americans peacefully protesting government spending.

Fox and Rush are doing the right thing by not promoting the July 4th Tea Parties.

Brett
07-03-2009, 01:35 PM
They got their coverage and money. No actual interest in actual change.

paulitics
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
That's not true. It's better to let the tea parties occur on their own. The Liberal media spun the April 15th Tea Parties as a Fox News event to take the luster out of pissed off Americans peacefully protesting government spending.

Fox and Rush are doing the right thing by not promoting the July 4th Tea Parties.

That is exactly my point. What was an initially a grassroots effort, turned into nothing but a fox news promotion, which was diversive and turned people away. Because of this, it seems the movement has fizzled out, or am I wrong?

Join The Paul Side
07-03-2009, 03:42 PM
That is exactly my point. What was an initially a grassroots effort, turned into nothing but a fox news promotion, which was diversive and turned people away. Because of this, it seems the movement has fizzled out, or am I wrong?

No, now that I think about it you're right. I hope the movement hasn't fizzled. We will find out tomorrow. :D

sevin
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
What was an initially a grassroots effort, turned into nothing but a fox news promotion, which was diversive and turned people away. Because of this, it seems the movement has fizzled out.

I think that was the idea.

mediahasyou
07-03-2009, 04:36 PM
What was an initially a grassroots effort, turned into nothing but a fox news promotion, which was diversive and turned people away. Because of this, it seems the movement has fizzled out

this.

constituent
07-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Naah, the real problem was associating the RP 2007/2008 grassroots activities postmortem with the Fox News crowd which the "original" tea party did splendidly. Of course, that time has come and gone. The rest is just so much static.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled water treading and navel-gazing.

MN Patriot
07-04-2009, 06:28 AM
interesting theory.....

perhaps when they realized that so many of the April 15 attendees were NOT Republican drones but actually haters of BOTH parties......they figured they should black us out then....

makes sense..

This makes me wonder why there isn't a greater effort to go the third party route. Build the Libertarian Party into a credible, competent political party to take votes away from the Republican Party and make it even more irrelevant than it already is. In the process, either the Republicans would be forced to adopt our ideas or die and be replaced by the Libertarian Party.

I already know the stock answers: third parties can't succeed, we will take votes away from the Republicans, blah, blah. Seems like whenever this is mentioned, the Republican drone neo-cons viciously attack this idea.