PDA

View Full Version : Robocalls: Great way to spread dirt on our enemies to 1000's of voters

max
07-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Great way to trash bailout voting Congressmen. ...make a vicious attack ad and broadcast it via robo calls...

Only .12 per delivered call...If I had known about this during Meetup days, I'd have saturated New Hampshire with attacks on scumbag McCain and Romney....sine Benton and company are so oppossed to attacking, it's really up to us

http://www.voiceshot.com/public/outboundcalls.asp

mediahasyou
07-03-2009, 12:07 PM
it sounds like this only works if someone picks up the phone. who is going to listen to a robot tell them something? i would hang up.

on the other hand, i think answer machine messages would be much more effective. however, there you only have a few words before the person deletes it.

max
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM
it sounds like this only works if someone picks up the phone. who is going to listen to a robot tell them something? i would hang up.

on the other hand, i think answer machine messages would be much more effective. however, there you only have a few words before the person deletes it.

there always waste with any form of marketing....i think this is more cost effective...and far less work...than leafleting...

of course, if the damn MSM would do its duty of educating the public....we wouldnt have to resort to guerilla marketing

paulitics
07-03-2009, 12:33 PM
There is a demographic for this just like any other marketing scheme. I remember Obama used Robo calling extensively.

heavenlyboy34
07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
IMO, it's a good idea! The more people hear the message of freedom (and the evils of the Establishment), the better. :)

Lord Xar
07-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I've always been for this. the .12 cents per call is a little high. I think I can get much cheaper.

But yeah, create a 30 - 60 sec. soundbite and you can inform the uninformed. Plus, there are services that only charge you for "live" calls.

Imperial
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM
We could always pick up a phonebook and do a campaign like that :)

Thrashertm
07-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I'd contribute $20 to an effort like this. I tried doing precinct calling and it was a total waste of time. I must have called 150 numbers, and 75 were bad or changed numbers. 65 were busy or went to voicemail. of the 10 that got through, 1/2 immediately hung up on me or yelled at me before I could get a word in edgewise.

tangent4ronpaul
07-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I've posted before on this, but once again: the most effective robo-call I know of was the candidate the sent the message: (paraphrased) "We regret to inform you that your phone and internet use is being monitored by the federal government ... thanks to a vote by your congresstraitor ____________ 's votes on...."

You need to get their attention right away and they will listen to the rest.

btw: hundreds of very pissed off sheeple called the FBI after receiving those calls.

This could fit the same pattern: "We regret to inform you that your utilities and gasoline prices are expected to double and never come down due to a new tax called cap and trade... "

the difference this time is if people work fast, you could add: but there is still time to stop it - call your senator and urge a no vote!"

How to build a homebrew Robodialer:
http://operationcatherder.com/index.php/Asterisk_-_Call_Centers%2C_PBX%27s_and_Robo-Calling

-t

Njon
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
it sounds like this only works if someone picks up the phone.

Yes, but it doesn't charge for failed calls. The website says, "VoiceShot does not charge for unsuccessful calls such as busy or non-answered calls. VoiceShot only charges for successfully delivered calls."

It even goes on to say, "Calls that were not answered are automatically re-dialed free of charge. You can even choose additional re-dialing with VoiceShot's one click re-dial feature."

who is going to listen to a robot tell them something? i would hang up.

You can record your own message. The website says, "Record your messages using VoiceShot's dial in service or your own computers microphone and speakers. You can even upload sound files created by professional announcers."

It's best to have a machine that will do both. One that will talk if they pick up, and one that will also leave a message.

As has been mentioned, the problem with this service is that .12 is a bit high, but again, it only charges if the call is successful. So, to reach 10,000 people is $1,200. That's really not too bad, especially if you're targeting GOP voters in a primary.

http://www.call-em-all.com/ gives you a discount with the more you buy, and doesn't charge for failed calls. They charge you one 'call unit' per 30 seconds. 50,000 call units (50,000 calls of 30 seconds or less) is .6 per call, or $2,999.

https://www.onecallnow.com/ also gives discounts. They allow a message of 45 seconds per call, and also don't charge for failed/no answers. For 50,000 calls it's .7 and 1/2 cents each, or $3,750. You can get 100,000 calls for .7 each, or $7,000. That would be big for a U.S. House race to target Republican voters, like for Kokesh or R.J. Harris's races. I don't know if Kokesh is going to have a primary challenger, but R.J. has to face the incumbent bailout voter in his primary.

Zippyjuan
07-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Has a pre-recorded (or even live) telephone call ever cause you to change you position on a candidate or issue? It can have a more negative effect than a positive one- people pissed off at you for bothering them. Especially if they are attack calls. If I got one, I would be more likely to vote against you.