PDA

View Full Version : Rand hires KY consultant David Adams

Matt Collins
07-03-2009, 11:13 AM
http://bluegrassbulletin.typepad.com/bluegrass_bulletin/2009/07/david-adams-temporarily-abandons-kentucky-progress-blog-to-work-for-rand-paul.html

specsaregood
07-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Taking a page from the establishment....buy the media. I like it.

I am suspending publishing of the Kentucky Progress blog immediately to take a position as a consultant with the Rand Paul for U.S. Senate Exploratory Committee.

I wonder what the focus of his consulting will be.

Aratus
07-04-2009, 06:58 AM
specsaregood...

david adams???

---two words----

-----karl rove----

brandon
07-04-2009, 07:05 AM
about damn time :D

torchbearer
07-04-2009, 08:57 AM
David is from the Northern Kentucky area, and is a long time GOP elbow rubber. He is also a former county chair, who has been involved with KY politics and campaigns for many years....

the comments are mixed on his blog article. looks like David's decision has pissed off a couple of old neocon hacks.

torchbearer
07-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm sure... The greatest thing about David is he is a brilliant free-market guy! Not to mention ever GOP hack in the state knows him, although that doesn't mean we have total "in-roads" with them now. For example: Rand has been shut out of a few major GOP events around Fancy Farm by GOP hacks... But, Rand doesn't wish to cry over spilt milk... The hacks make up less than 5000 votes in the state, there are over 1 million registered Republicans.. Under 200,000 will vote.. We just have to reach the voters!

theoretically Rand could win a primary with 30,000 votes with several candidates in the race?

Matt Collins
07-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, the hardest race would be Trey vs Rand and no other serious candidates... The only harder (impossible) race would be if Bunning stays in.... but I don't see that happening.

Matt Collins
07-04-2009, 10:26 AM
For example: Rand has been shut out of a few major GOP events around Fancy Farm by GOP hacks... What's the status of Rand's speaking slot at FF?

Matt Collins
07-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Confirmed over a month ago...Awesome. What date and time?

scandinaviany3
07-04-2009, 01:28 PM
It's August 1st.. Starts at 2 I believe.. There are other events around this event. Friday July 31st and Sat morning... I'm working on the schedule.. I'll post it soon! It's a weekend event.

This picnic in Louisville is starting to be billed as a "showdown" of sorts. .July 11th .....

Bunning, Grayson, and Paul are all supposed to be speaking.. Also something similar July 16th...:cool::cool:

Very interesting...Bunning, Grayson, and Paul....very good video comparison stuff

scandinaviany3
07-04-2009, 02:23 PM
theoretically Rand could win a primary with 30,000 votes with several candidates in the race?

We will need to be real on this..mcconnell's people are the machine in the state. Bunning is going along for the ride it appears and sec of state greyson is their prodigal child.

This is what its all about...down and dirty kentucky...

i remember Bunning's last race when he was labeled an Alzheimer patient and the other guy was inferred as gay...

No pulling punches in kentucky...its a blood bath and sad to say newspapers decide the voters choices too often.

Can remember being in line to vote and people passing back and forth newspapers to figure out who to vote for.

Rand needs a ron paul level overshoot of money...no 100k, no 1 million, he needs like 5 million dropped into his pocket to send the real message...

War it is...

torchbearer
07-04-2009, 02:25 PM
We will need to be real on this..mcconnell's people are the machine in the state. Bunning is going along for the ride it appears and sec of state greyson is their prodigal child.

This is what its all about...down and dirty kentucky...

i remember Bunning's last race when he was labeled an Alzheimer patient and the other guy was inferred as gay...

No pulling punches in kentucky...its a blood bath and sad to say newspapers decide the voters choices too often.

Can remember being in line to vote and people passing back and forth newspapers to figure out who to vote for.

Rand needs a ron paul level overshoot of money...no 100k, no 1 million, he needs like 5 million dropped into his pocked to send the real message...

War it is...

I wish I had the ability to drop the 2400 dollar bomb. :(

itshappening
07-04-2009, 02:46 PM
have we got anything on this Grayson character yet?? he used to be a Democrat right? there must be lots of stupid things he said/did that we can expose him with and paint him as an Arlen Specter Republican.

rp08orbust
07-04-2009, 02:51 PM
have we got anything on this Grayson character yet?? he used to be a Democrat right? there must be lots of stupid things he said/did that we can expose him with and paint him as an Arlen Specter Republican.

Or a Greg Laughlin ;)

Austin
07-04-2009, 03:17 PM

Yeah, we really need to find a picture of him with Clinton as a delegate....

itshappening
07-05-2009, 12:31 PM
if there's a picture of Grayson with Clinton that would be dynamite!

specsaregood
07-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Here is David Adams from a tea party yesterday...
he starts at 3:30 mark
I did not shoot this shaky footage, either...;)

Sounds like a good guy to have on our side. Question, what are the chances of getting him to come here to RPFs and particpate in a Q&A thread? As an advisor to the campaign I would be most interested in his thoughts on what us out of state supporters can do to help the campaign -- besides donating. I'm sure others can come up with other questions....

Aratus
07-06-2009, 09:44 AM
the fundraising 2 to 1 ratio that jack conway has over trey grayson seems to be holding up if
the $1.3 million (D) figure can be counterpointed to the $ 600,ooo (R) figure mr. grayson has...

specsaregood
07-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Or organize a big fundraiser in your area and have Rand as the guest speaker....:D
That is not a bad idea. I wonder what the amount of commitments needed to get him out our way is.