PDA

View Full Version : SWAT teams forming on College Campuses

FrankRep
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Ohio University

University Forms SWAT Team
Sep 24 2007 7:05AM

ATHENS, Ohio - A squad of police officers from Ohio University has completed training to become the school's first certified SWAT team, filling a gap the department's chief said became clear after a gunman killed 32 people at Virginia Tech.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200709/449770071.html

I don't like the direction this is going. Another step closer to a Police State.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Ohio is already a police state. I know because of all the cities I stopped in while taking greyhound from mass. to minn., the cops there were the cockiest and stupidest, and the city looked more crime-ridden than chicago. The second worst place was New York city, for obvious reasons.

G-khan
09-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Maybe they do not want a repeat,,,,,,,, Click HERE (http://goldismoney.info/web/ohio.mp3)

constituent
09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
tin soldiers and busheviks coming,
we're finally on our own,
this summer i....

ksuguy
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Great, now they will be able to dress like ninjas and carry around assault rifles while they write parking tickets and hassle people for drinking under the age of 21.

G-khan
09-24-2007, 10:31 AM
tin soldiers and busheviks coming,
we're finally on our own,
this summer i....

No Shit.................

For the younger members here at Kent State University Ohio 4 anti Vietnam
war protesters were gunned down.

Wendi
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
What was that about those who fail to learn from history being destined to repeat it?

RJB
09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
What's funny is that college campuses (the ones I've been on) are about the safest places to be. However they are also the most heavily policed.

Those to facts are not interrelated because they were the safest before they were over policed.

I'd like to see the ratio of college deaths between civillian murderers and overzealous authorities.

And BTW how the hell would a swat team stop the VA tech shooting, and what the hell would you need these JBTs for anyway? This is insane!

RJB
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
from the article:
Five officers from the university's police department finished a 5-day training course on Friday that focused on shooting techniques, hostage situations and approaches to rioting situations, university officials said.

I wonder if they are anticipating some event that will trigger rioting...

Givemelibertyor.....
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Another good reason not send your kids to one of these universities. Not only will they try to brainwash them, they may be abused or killed by armed thugs.

dantheman
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Evidence of Russia already being a police state was presented on 60 Minutes last night. The thing is Putin does it in a way where he shows it off too much. Our gov't doesn't want people to notice it. They want us to live under the illusion of freedom and focus on being safe...which is fear indoctrination. What do you think all those distractions on television are for?! They just want to slowly build their forces up to the point where there is nothing we can do...

sky21448
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
lol college is kinda useless, but in order to get a good job I have no choice but to attend anyway freedom is long gone already...ron paul is our only hope, I learned nothing in college I actually learned more from the internet. I asked a professor a question he had to think for 30 mins then gave me a wrong answer lmao. That night I sent a link to my professor email the answer. I have a professor don't even know our national debt is going to hit 9 trillion dollars at the end of this year. He told me that in Clinton administration our debt is all clear. OMG I was so surprise and he told me to prove it to him. I went google and found the nation debt chart haha. When Clinton was in the house, our national debt was 5.2 trillions dollars. Anyway I think we are already in police state.

Syren123
09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
No Shit.................

For the younger members here at Kent State University Ohio 4 anti Vietnam
war protesters were gunned down.

Such a great song.

american.swan
09-24-2007, 04:42 PM
this is simple. send out a memo to all the professors and students making it clear that the second amendment needs to be followed and students and professors need to protect themselves because though swat is near, some will die before swat can react.