PDA

View Full Version : Bureaucrats Will Carry Out Mandatory Home Inspections Under Climate Bill

disorderlyvision
07-02-2009, 03:26 PM
[.

Romulus
07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Knock, Knock. "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." [en-slave-you]

Epic
07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Is this for real?

This is too much. This is pretty incredible.

zach
07-02-2009, 04:20 PM
"How do you live?" "Is it green enough?"

"If you meet our standards, then you can be rest assured we won't restrict you of living rights yet."

cradle2graveconservative
07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Edit

kahless
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Is this for real?

This is too much. This is pretty incredible.

http://thomas.loc.gov/
H.R.2454

If you live in an Obama state sell your house now before it is too late. I was just reading the "Building Retrofit Program" which includes residential buildings. It looks like it might depend where you live since it is optional for the entire state or local government. But here in NY I think it would be unlikely to see them turning down any Obama program dollars.

States shall maintain responsibility for meeting the standards and requirements of the REEP program. In any State that elects not to administer the REEP program, a unit of local government may propose to do so within its jurisdiction, and if the Administrator finds that such local government is capable of administering the program, the Administrator may provide allowances to that local government, prorated according to the population of the local jurisdiction relative to the population of the State, for purposes of the REEP program

torchbearer
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Hmm...I have some freshly dug holes in the basement they might want to inspect.

+1775.
That is exactly the first thing i'm going to let them inspect- very up close and personal.

silverhawks
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
And of course, anything ELSE that the government may not approve of that the Energy Police see will be immediately reported to the appropriate authorities, which opens you up to more fines and threats of prosecution. For your own good of course.

Beginning to see where all these new jobs will come from too - the government needs to recruit a brand new informant network.

Danke
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hmm...I have some freshly dug holes in the basement they might want to inspect.

I think they'll want to take a close and personal look (as I stand behind them) at my "polluting" incinerator first.

Rael
07-02-2009, 07:17 PM
bump

TGGRV
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Shoot them for trespassing.

Sandman33
07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
So if you have an older house like my mother...be prepared to shovel out tens of thousands of dollars to re-wire and re-window etc etc your home.

Or be prepared for another civil war.

Personally I'm tired of this shit.

Yieu
07-02-2009, 07:34 PM
This is the cap and trade bill? Are they making stuff up or exaggerating in the article? I find it difficult to believe they would go THAT far... that is just too much.

cindy25
07-02-2009, 07:48 PM
they tried this in 1978. i asked a thermostat inspector for a search warrant, and he went again shaking his head and saying no one ever asked for that

zach
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Our house will not pass any "green" inspection process.

I guess the builders wanted to screw us over and knowingly built it "anti-green."

sevin
07-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Why is the U.S. becoming so obsessive about "going green." Don't we have shitloads of oil in Alaska and the midwest, not to mention Saudi Arabia and now Iraq cooperating with the U.S.?

What's the real motive, here?

Rael
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I read on another site that the inspections are only mandatory when you go to sell your home. I don't know if that is true. Which is still fucking outrageous but not quite as bad.

Rael
07-02-2009, 08:28 PM
From Congressman John Boehner’s website:

“Home Sellers Beware. Having a hard time selling your home? Here’s one more hurdle to jump: all homes sales are conditioned upon an energy audit and a new energy rating assessment and energy labeling program for your home that’s outlined in the Democrats’ bill. And if you thought you could improve your property with a fresh coat of paint and some granite counters? Think again! Now your home will be subjected to a new energy rating assessment and energy labeling program that will penalize you for older windows, original fixtures, and dated appliances. So the Democrats’ bill would bring down the value of your home”!

ChickenHawk
07-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I read on another site that the inspections are only mandatory when you go to sell your home. I don't know if that is true. Which is still fucking outrageous but not quite as bad.

That's what I figured. Even if they wanted to inspect every house (and I'm sure they do) there is no way in Hell they could ever inspect 100 million or so homes. It would take decades and cost who knows how much.

silverhawks
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Why is the U.S. becoming so obsessive about "going green." Don't we have shitloads of oil in Alaska and the midwest, not to mention Saudi Arabia and now Iraq cooperating with the U.S.?

It's to do with the propagation of global laws, and the creation of a trading market for energy credits. It all comes back down to more money and power for bureaucrats and corporations at the end of the day, at our expense. We are being treated like free range tax animals.

Bossobass
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I hope this Bill mandates no limos, private jets, etc., for all GS Pukes.

I also demand that Air Force One be retired to the Arizona boneyard and Obanana can only travel by bicycle and electric train.

Bosso

2young2vote
07-02-2009, 08:57 PM
That's what I figured. Even if they wanted to inspect every house (and I'm sure they do) there is no way in Hell they could ever inspect 100 million or so homes. It would take decades and cost who knows how much.

That could mean that lower end homes, ones that are being bought and sold by lower middle to low class people, are more likely to be written up for not being green enough. Of course, the upper class homes for the millionares are all going to be up to date and stuff so they won't get in trouble- its not like they don't have money to keep it updated anyways.

IF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS IT I WILL JUST HURT THE LOWER CLASS PEOPLE..typical stinking liberals.

torchbearer
07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
That could mean that lower end homes, ones that are being bought and sold by lower middle to low class people, are more likely to be written up for not being green enough. Of course, the upper class homes for the millionares are all going to be up to date and stuff so they won't get in trouble- its not like they don't have money to keep it updated anyways.

IF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS IT I WILL JUST HURT THE LOWER CLASS PEOPLE..typical stinking liberals.

Hell, I might just give the bank my POS house. They can deal with it.

TortoiseDream
07-02-2009, 09:10 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/bureaucrats-will-carry-out-mandatory-home-inspections-under-climate-bill.html

this isn't funny

youngbuck
07-02-2009, 09:47 PM
This is treason as usual.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Referring to the underlined phrase of the 4th amendment, if there's nothing to be seized, then they can't come in.

Dang, things are getting crazy really, really quickly.

james1906
07-02-2009, 10:22 PM

I own a 1300 sq ft home and drive my cars into the ground before I buy a new one. Living within my means makes me 'green' so where the hell is my parade?

This sounds like another scam to keep consumerism moving. Jump start the economy by buying windows you don't need. Because of course buying stuff you don't need is great for the environment.

ChaosControl
07-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Soon they will put monitors in your home to keep a check on all various ratings to make sure you comply...

That sounds awfully familiar... you know... something out of a certain dystopian novel...
They aren't stepping inside my home. To hell with the tyrants.

kojirodensetsu
07-03-2009, 12:22 AM

Government is using the theory of global warming as an excuse to expand.