PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church Now Has A Song...

Reason
07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
sigh...

http://www.phillyd.tv/2009/07/01/westboro-baptist-church-the-song/

Vessol
07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
A perfect case of a bunch of assholes whom regardless of how much we may hate them, are allowed their 1st Amendment Rights, which is a good thing.

zach
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
At least they're an equal opportunity hatist group.

Rael
07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Jesus Christ. That was painful to watch.Those people are the most pathetic creatures ever to walk the earth.

Vessol
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I can imagine a few posters here in that ensemble.

Steeleye
07-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Most epic IRL trolls ever.

jrkotrla
07-02-2009, 12:50 AM
please - don't feed the trolls -

good practice on usenet
good practice in real life

Dreamofunity
07-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Most epic IRL trolls ever.

This.

GreenCardSeeker
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
They've made several music videos and lots of song recordings that they've got up on their website at http://www.signmovies.net/videos/music/index.html . Judging by how they look in their videos, they're a really happy bunch among themselves.

V-rod
07-02-2009, 02:38 AM
I still am unsure if they aren't faking all this.

Pod
07-02-2009, 02:39 AM
You are right. Freaking sexists! How dare they refer to the world as she. As a male I am insulted. Damn anti-mannists! You can easily tell they are female supremacists. They are not even close to filling their male choir members quota. I don`t know what Westboro Baptist Church are about but they must be some sort of dykes!

V-rod
07-02-2009, 02:43 AM
I love their arrogance. They say its too late to change God's mind.

They have the power to dictate what a omnipotent being how to think.

DAaaMan64
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Damn looks like some cute girls being wasted on this shit.

Kraig
07-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Honestly I think if more Christians took the Bible seriously there would be more churches acting like this, it seems like Theo would fit it fairly well, doesn't he believe in the death penalty for gays? Or is that just a rumor?

pcosmar
07-02-2009, 08:28 AM
There are ignorant people everywhere.
Most Christians denounce this, and many have spoken out about this sect.
I belong to a small Baptist Church that is nothing at all like this.Yet many will point at their extremism and say "That is what Christians are like". It is not.

These people do more harm than good. :(

PaulaGem
07-02-2009, 08:43 AM
The name "Adonai" is derived from the Canaanite title "Adon" meaning "Lord" and is the Hebrew cognate of the Greek god, Adonis. The Babylonian analogue of Adonis was the sun god, Tammuz, whose worship in ancient Israel led to the Babylonian captivity. (Ezek. 8:14) In our day, the Astrotheologists are having a heyday with this translation error, claiming that the God of Israel was Adonis.

"…theories (such as those discussed by Jonathan Z. Smith in his Drudgery Divine) which interpret the death and resurrection of Jesus in the categories of the Hellenistic religions of Attis, Osiris, Adonis, etc. Judaism, too, was part of Oriental Hellenism. These other religions grew from Near-Eastern roots. When we prefer to understand Jesus as an analogue to Yahweh/Baal, what is the difference? Baal is already the same, pretty much, as Adonis/Adonai isn't he?

"'And here one wonders if Barker might not be willing to take her thesis a step farther and explain the origin of the myth of Jesus' resurrection as one more piece of polytheistic Yahweh tradition. If Yahweh was in so many ways parallel to Baal the Son of Elyon, why should this not have extended to the death and resurrection concept? It was by a resurrection victory that Baal became king of the immortals. Why not with Yahweh? Perhaps this aspect of the earlier Yahweh cycle had been successfully expunged by the priestly editors. But, a la Barker, we may surmise that it, too, hung on in the popular and sectarian imaginations, emerging into the light of history again when the theme was claimed for Jesus-Yahweh." (The Great Angel, A Study of Israel's Second God. Reviewed by Robert M. Price. Institute for Higher Critical Studies)

"…the philosophical systems of the Gnostics and the primitive Jewish Christians, the Nazarines and the Ebionites,…show the views held in those days-outside the circle of Mosaic Jews-about Jehovah. He was identified by all the Gnostics with the evil, rather than with the good principle. For them, he was Ialdabaoth, 'the son of Darkness,' whose mother Sophia-Akhamoth, was the daughter of Sophia, the Divine Wisdom (the female Holy Ghost of the early Christians)-Akhasa' while Sophia-Akhamoth personified the lower Astral Light or Ether. Ialdabaoth or Jehovah, is simply one of the Elohim, the seven creative Spirits, and one of the lower Sephiroth. He produces from himself seven other Gods, 'Stellar Spirits' (or the lunar ancestors*), for they are all the same… With Pagans and Christians, with Hindus and Chaldeans, with the Greek as with the Roman Catholics…they were all the genii of the seven planets… Such, in the opinion of the philosophical Gnostics, were the God and the Archangels now worshipped by the Christians!... fn. Jehovah's connection with the moon in the Kabala is well known to students." (H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol. I, pp. 197-8)

WikiAnswers - Gnostic response to the traditional "GOD" (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_right_to_say_that_God's_name_is_Jehovah_when _there_is_no_proof_this_is_true_because_God's_name _in_Hebrew_is_written_without_vowels)

I had to pause this clip about 1/3 of the way through because it was so rank - I may not even finish it.

I call myself a gnostic Christian, this does not mean that I subscribe to any historic Gnostic religious system but this clip did remind me of the Gnostic mythology above and I thought some might find it intersesting. I lifted it from WikiAnswers rather than researching it from scratch.

coyote_sprit
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
This was in Louis Theroux's documentary on them if I recall correctly, not really that new.

1000-points-of-fright
07-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Can't even write their own song. All they did was change the words to "We Are the World".

I still wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing turned out to be some elaborate piece of performance art.

GreenCardSeeker
07-02-2009, 09:06 AM
This church is quite interesting. In his young years, Fred Phelps was ordained a Baptist pastor and was expected to adjust to the mainstream churches, but instead he went the fundamentalist route and fought man's attempts to change the meaning of scripture. In later years, he seemed to have grown too bitter to attempt to convert anyone to his cause, so then he decided to just annoy people as much as possible with rhetoric that will only scare people away.

He's definitely a lot more knowledgeable about scripture than all the well-known preachers, but he's not willing to compromise about his message.

Still, he's been quite successful in pointing out just what the bible says about certain topics, when mainstream Christianity is becoming more and more silent.

It might sound a bit funny, but I think Americans should take pride in having his church in their country. It's 100% certain that he would be imprisoned for his mere message in any other country in the world, but in the US, he's living proof that you have freedom of speech, whatever left-wingers might say.

And I too have noticed that they've got a lot of beautiful young women in the family/church. Appparently "Gramps" Phelps has decided that since we're in the last of the last of days now according to him, none of these should bother marrying.

There's been several documentaries made about him, easily found online:

"The most hated family in America"
"Hatemongers"
"Fall from grace"

You can tell that a leftist is a complete moron if he thinks this church is representative of mainstream Christianity. It's a unique church.

zach
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
They're quite happy saying how you'll go to hell simply because, well, you aren't following their doctrine.

If you watch "The most hated family in America" on youtube, you'll see why.

Shirley gets all excited about picketing, and she doesn't have any qualms about calling a random stranger a "*** enabler."

She's happy, and I have no reason to judge. ;) :/

FrankRep
07-02-2009, 09:21 AM
sigh...

http://www.phillyd.tv/2009/07/01/westboro-baptist-church-the-song/

I lost interest at "Westboro Baptist Church Now has ....."

pcosmar
07-02-2009, 09:22 AM
It's a unique church.

So was his.
http://www.accuracyproject.org/z-Jones18.jpg

James Warren "Jim" Jones (May 13, 1931 – November 18, 1978) was the founder of the Peoples Temple, which is best known for the November 18, 1978 death of over 900 Temple members in Jonestown, Guyana along with the deaths of nine other people at a nearby airstrip in Georgetown.

pcosmar
07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.rickross.com/reference/westboro/westboro8.html

"Many people have been asking me, over the past several weeks, about my father. They want to know what I think about him and 'What is he really like?' People's interest in what I think baffles me, but after careful consideration, I decided to respond.

What is he like? Well, it's been 19 years since I left home, but his behavior still appears to be the same. He considers his environment to be against him without admitting, acknowledging or taking responsibility for how he contributes to that. He likes to show himself as being moral, pro-family, pro-Bible, but his actions just don't add up to that. I believe in God and the Bible, and my father's behavior doesn't fit the description of behavior that would show in the life of one who loves God; behavior characteristics such as Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-control. Instead, my father's behavior characterizes, I believe, Hate, Outbursts of Wrath, Contention, Jealousy, Vengefulness, Misery, Harshness, and Selfish ambition. He mis-states the truth about his own behavior, about others, about the Bible, with apparent ease and regularity. He behaves with a viciousness the likes of which I have never seen. He accepts no genuine accountability in his life and is subject to no one. His lifestyle betrays the sacred trust of what a pastor, husband, father and grandfather should be. I suppose if a comparison were made between the life of Jesus Christ and my father, there would not be much to compare.

I also realize that my father is a very unstable person who is determined to hurt people. And because he is so bound to be hateful and hurtful, and because he's so untrustworthy, I believe it's a good idea to respond to him with caution much like the caution used when dealing with a rattlesnake or a mad dog. You see, the causes that he crusades for, including the Bible, are not the issue here. He simply wants to hate and to have a forum for his hate. If the causes he focuses on were the issue, that is, if they really meant something to him in his heart and he meant for the things he does to be for the good, his behavior would not be what it is. He would not betray his message with his behavior. But, when he needs to, to vent his hate, he readily goes outside the bounds of any previously stated 'value' or 'cause' he may have supported. He experiences no moral dilemma when it comes to doing what he wants to do. If it weren't the homosexuals, it would be something else.

Yet checks and balances on his behavior are appropriate, on the part of the community, in order to at least confine his destructive behaviors and to limit his influence. I believe that Topekans are making a good effort to try and stop him and should continue to do so. He can seem very intimidating. He can use foul language and come across with a booming voice to the community, but the truth is, like the Wizard of Oz, when Toto pulls the curtain back, instead of this big powerful individual, it's only a small, pathetic old man. I feel sorry for my father as I would for anyone who displays this kind of hate and evil viciousness. These can only be the manifestations of tortured, injured and agonizing souls."

123tim
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

– John 3:16

Bman
07-02-2009, 09:48 AM
YouTube - Shirley Phelps-Roper Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zSvY2Up2EA)

zach
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
YouTube - Prank Call 8 - Westboro Baptist Church (With Shirley Phelps-Roeper!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWPdMt4qAz8)

Sandra
07-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Phelps -Roper looks way thinner than the lady in the video. I also think that Phelps hatred of anything gay related would prevent them from using a Micheal Jackson tune. I agree with the performance art theory, it may be a look alike as Phelps.