PDA

View Full Version : ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to audit 625 businesses

slacker921
07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration began investigations of hundreds of businesses on Wednesday as part of its strategy to focus immigration enforcement on the employers who hire illegal workers.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency told Congress in an e-mail message that it had begun notifying businesses of plans to audit the documents known as I-9 forms, which employers fill out for every worker. The Department of Homeland Security said 625 businesses had been told they would be audited, compared with 503 for last year.

Employers are required to check the authenticity of documents provided by the employee. The Homeland Security Department said it would not release the names or locations of the businesses being audited. source (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/02/us/02immig.html?ref=global-home)

ok, so what's the agenda here? Why suddenly swoop in on more businesses than were audited all of last year?

My best guess.. a large percentage of the businesses are non-union and will be hurt by this. I bet out of the hundreds of restaurants and stores in my area that I can walk in and find illegal aliens working NONE will be targeted, but regional and national retailers who have been fighting "card check" and the unions will get slammed by the media.

btw.. no interest in this on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/business/comments/8xhkn/ice_immigration_and_customs_enforcement_to_audit/). Wonder why?

I just wish they'd pay this much attention to all the fraud going down on Wall Street.

Sean
07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Look out for upcoming amnesty. They will up enforcement a few percent and then claim they are enforcing our laws and controlling the border. They will claim that since they are now serious about enforcement we should grant amnesty to all illegals. The goal in the end is amnesty.

cindy25
07-01-2009, 09:48 PM
the goal in the end is the Hispanic vote.

imagine if Hispanics block voted mindlessly as the blacks do?

one party rule would result