PDA

View Full Version : Michelle & girls do London. How much more of this crap can we tolerate?

max
07-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Never in American history has a First Family been so "in your face"

http://rense.com/general86/fish.htm

sluggo
07-01-2009, 04:29 PM
The Obama's are royalty, Max.

They are entitled to all the best while the serfs labor on.

max
07-01-2009, 04:35 PM
The Obama's are royalty, Max.

They are entitled to all the best while the serfs labor on.

if i'm to be a serf, let me at least be able to point to my royal masters and see some sort of accomplishment..or benevolent wisdom

the obama
s are ghetto royalty....

they act like these ghetto athletes who burn through millions of dollars and retire broke......only at least the athletes made money on their abilities...

the obamas have accomplished NOTHING in their lives....

she's a lawyer who never really practiced....and he was a community agitator/organizer........its all on our dime.

Reason
07-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Getting upset about this is almost as retarded as getting upset that CEO's use private jets.

Almost.

max
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Getting upset about this is almost as retarded as getting upset that CEO's use private jets.

Almost.

hardly....

CEO's dont do it on my dime...(unless I'm a voluntary cunsumer of their company's product)

The Obamas FORCE me to pay for their extravagence..

I dont mind a nation's leader living in a big house and making a good salary....but these trivial million dollar jaunts are disgusting...

Sandman33
07-01-2009, 05:38 PM
hardly....

CEO's dont do it on my dime...(unless I'm a voluntary cunsumer of their company's product)

I dont mind a nation's leader living in a big house and making a good salary....but these trivial million dollar jaunts are disgusting...

Can we impeach him for being a general dickhead? Or a liar? Or how bout being born a Kenyan?

Freedom 4 all
07-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Can we impeach him for being a general dickhead? Or a liar? Or how bout being born a Kenyan?

Man I wish "general dickhead" was grounds for impeachment. We could have spared ourselves pretty much everyone since Reagan.

swed
07-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't agree with this at all, but bush did the same thing. Now 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I have a feeling our friend "max" here wasn't outraged when bush was going on his little tax payer funded vacations. Im right max, aren't I?

libertarian4321
07-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't agree with this at all, but bush did the same thing. Now 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I have a feeling our friend "max" here wasn't outraged when bush was going on his little tax payer funded vacations. Im right max, aren't I?

Yup, it costs us a ton of money every time the President or his family go anywhere- whether it's Obama going to Europe or Bush going to Crawford to clear brush. They bring an army of people with them- staffers, security, etc- and that's what really costs big money.

I wish all of them would stay in DC more and spend less time vacationing/touring.

Zippyjuan
07-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Maybe he didn't leave the country much, but Bush spend far more time on vacation than Obama has so far. But being on vacation means they are not in Washington doing stupid things.

max
07-01-2009, 08:47 PM

You're obviously new in town.

Anyone here who has been reading my posts since 2007 will vouch for the fact that I'm an equal opportunity hater of both parties.

read what i'm about at my website...

www.TomatoBubble.com

Sean
07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
The problem is the over the top security that is provided. Seriously just make it known if she wants to go on vacation alone she will be provided with a few security guards and that is it. She also will fly on a commercial plane with her airfare paid for by herself. There is no need to close off streets and buildings.

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2009, 10:02 PM
How about if we just lock them up in a bunker with a rent-a-cop at the door rather than treating them like Michael Jackson on steroids....

I find this crap OFFENSIVE!

-t

Met Income
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
if i'm to be a serf, let me at least be able to point to my royal masters and see some sort of accomplishment..or benevolent wisdom

the obama
s are ghetto royalty....

they act like these ghetto athletes who burn through millions of dollars and retire broke......only at least the athletes made money on their abilities...

the obamas have accomplished NOTHING in their lives....

she's a lawyer who never really practiced....and he was a community agitator/organizer........its all on our dime.

I'm no Obama fan but why must you insert the word "ghetto" in there? What about them is "ghetto" besides being black?

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm no Obama fan but why must you insert the word "ghetto" in there? What about them is "ghetto" besides being black?

ummm... his constituency? The people that are largely responsible for "throning" him? The area he has chosen to work prior to being thrust into national politics?

"ghetto" is accurate. You know - "WHITEY OWES ME FOR WHAT HE DID TO MY ANCESTORS!"

(and I've heard that exact quote from a black girl I was trying to do a favor for by selling my car to at a very reduced price - who turned around and screwed me demanding money back for a missing hub cap and driving on my insurance... etc... Her parents were on my side and really came down on her racist BS!)

This was after some fine, outstanding black youths took a screwdriver to the drivers side door, making it inoperable, so they could break in and rip off the radio (non-functioning) but trashing the dash in the progress. Oh yeah, they also got 75 cents that was on the seat and trashed my roommates car too. We saw them scoping out the cars prior to the event.

-t

Met Income
07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
ummm... his constituency? The people that are largely responsible for "throning" him? The area he has chosen to work prior to being thrust into national politics?

"ghetto" is accurate. You know - "WHITEY OWES ME FOR WHAT HE DID TO MY ANCESTORS!"

(and I've heard that exact quote from a black girl I was trying to do a favor for by selling my car to at a very reduced price - who turned around and screwed me demanding money back for a missing hub cap and driving on my insurance... etc... Her parents were on my side and really came down on her racist BS!)

This was after some fine, outstanding black youths took a screwdriver to the drivers side door, making it inoperable, so they could break in and rip off the radio (non-functioning) but trashing the dash in the progress. Oh yeah, they also got 75 cents that was on the seat and trashed my roommates car too. We saw them scoping out the cars prior to the event.

-t

Anecdotal evidence doesn't show how the Obamas are "ghetto" royalty.

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2009, 10:42 PM
ACORN?????

-t

qh4dotcom
07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
From the article:

Meanwhile, millions of Americans have lost their jobs and won't be able to take their family on a summer holiday. Despite their circumstances they'll still be expected to fork over the tax dollars to pay for Michelle's trip.

Sorry but millions of folks who lost their jobs voted for change...now they're getting the change they voted for, the change they deserve. Until they admit they screwed up last November and they promise they won't do it again in 2010,2012 there's no need to feel sorry for any of them and their tax dollars...except those in the minority who didn't vote for change.

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
From the article:

Sorry but millions of folks who lost their jobs voted for change...now they're getting the change they voted for, the change they deserve. Until they admit they screwed up last November and they promise they won't do it again in 2010,2012 there's no need to feel sorry for any of them and their tax dollars...except those in the minority who didn't vote for change.

Unfortunately, that is roughly half of us....

-t

Kraig
07-02-2009, 07:46 AM

Almost.

CEO's earn the money they use for travel they don't steal it.

TGGRV
07-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Anecdotal evidence doesn't show how the Obamas are "ghetto" royalty.

Read his books. Obama = black trash. I have no problems with blacks, as long as they aren't obnoxious idiots(I have the same problem with obnoxious whites btw). Racist blacks are black trash and ghetto morons. Just like whites who can't get over how much smarter whites are and how they invented everything are white trash. Get over it!

MelissaWV
07-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm fairly sure that, if JFK lived in the current media conditions, he and his family would be all over the place as well.

coyote_sprit
07-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Those kids are living in paradise while I'm eating fucking ramen.

coyote_sprit
07-02-2009, 08:26 AM
I think the most appalling thing is the comments on the original article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6466571.ece), people are actually defending this shit. This is sheep loving their own slavery at utmost level.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Maybe he didn't leave the country much, but Bush spend far more time on vacation than Obama has so far. But being on vacation means they are not in Washington doing stupid things.

if i was president i would call up random people just for the lulz in them not believing its me

stag15
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Didn't a lot of presidents not even accept a pay check while in the white house because they felt that they were to serve and not be served? I know when I was at the mint in DC they said that Lincoln put all of his paychecks in the top drawyer of his desk. After the pile got to high, he would take them and buy government bonds which he would then hide somewhere.

pacelli
07-02-2009, 09:55 AM
hardly....

How are you being forced to pay?

Romulus
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM
It's an outrage.

max
07-02-2009, 12:03 PM

? Um...ever hear of income taxes? gas taxes? social security taxes?

the money that the Obama burn through to live their lavish lifestyle (air force 1 in particular) is taken from me by force

JeNNiF00F00
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM

You have over 6k posts and you have to ask that question? :)

dannno
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
hardly....

Actually the reason corporations are such beasts is due to the Fed and our economic system of financial leveraging, so the main reason those CEOs have private jets is because of the excess capital they are able to leverage.. That causes price inflation, so CEO's do in fact fly their jets on our dime.

Gideon
07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
OK.

6 months as POTUS.

Carbon Footprint the size of Illinois and growing.

They want me to reduce my CO2 output, and will tax the sh*t out of me in order to do so.

Let's just wait patiently until 2012 to see if things improve in America.

Kraig
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Actually the reason corporations are such beasts is due to the Fed and our economic system of financial leveraging, so the main reason those CEOs have private jets is because of the excess capital they are able to leverage.. That causes price inflation, so CEO's do in fact fly their jets on our dime.

Well that's a very good point. I think it would depend some on what business the CEO was in and how much that business benefited from the government. It's still not quite the same as the President who is traveling on 100% looted money. Ultimately you could apply the same thing to pretty much anyone, everyone is traveling on public roads on "our dime". Sure some may have paid enough in taxes to deserve it while others haven't, but there is no cut and dry way to know. Still, you made a good and very true point. Our entire financial system is skewed by massive theft and fraud.

nbhadja
07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Michelle Obama is such a fucking bitch. I hate her just as much as I do her husband.

devil21
07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Jeez.....GWB's constant vacations to Crawford seem downright pennypinching by comparison to the free spending Obama royalty vacations.

Somebody shoot me before I ask for GWB back.

HOLLYWOOD
07-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, pretty hypocritical of them, considering the ORACLE of OPTIMISM was Lobbying a hidden tax on ALL Americans at the tune of approximately, $680 Billion.

In a Deep Recession...
In the highest Unemployment in 26 years...
Americans losing their savings, nest eggs and homes...
An urgent action to reduce Carbon pollution...

yeah, The NEW hypocrites, same as the Old Hypocrites

George Carlin... "They don't care... They Own You..."

The Banana Republic continues on it's downwards spiral.

OK.

6 months as POTUS.

Carbon Footprint the size of Illinois and growing.

They want me to reduce my CO2 output, and will tax the sh*t out of me in order to do so.

Let's just wait patiently until 2012 to see if things improve in America.

MelissaWV
07-02-2009, 04:44 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124650399438184235.html

Relevant article:

"The spending on overseas travel is up almost tenfold since 1995, and has nearly tripled since 2001, according to the Journal analysis of 60,000 travel records. Hundreds of lawmakers traveled overseas in 2008 at a cost of about $13 million.

Lawmakers say that the trips are a good use of government funds because they allow members of Congress and their staff members to learn more about the world, inspect U.S. assets abroad and forge better working relationships with each other. "

We're paying for their education guys! This is important!

coyote_sprit
07-02-2009, 05:15 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124650399438184235.html

Relevant article:

"The spending on overseas travel is up almost tenfold since 1995, and has nearly tripled since 2001, according to the Journal analysis of 60,000 travel records. Hundreds of lawmakers traveled overseas in 2008 at a cost of about $13 million.

Lawmakers say that the trips are a good use of government funds because they allow members of Congress and their staff members to learn more about the world, inspect U.S. assets abroad and forge better working relationships with each other. "

We're paying for their education guys! This is important!

I would rather have someone going over to inspect a base then going over to down a burger and some fries.

MelissaWV
07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
The last one is what gets me. It makes it sound like an international trip is a week at camp, getting to know each other and work together.

eduardo89
07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I am so sick of hearing about them, seriously, why do people give a crap what they do? Like when they reported about their new dog...

Reason
07-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Never in American history has a First Family been so "in your face"

http://rense.com/general86/fish.htm

Michelle’s European Vacation

July 28, 2009

Q: Did Michelle Obama and her daughters use taxpayer money to take a European vacation?

A: The first lady, her mother and her children did stay in Europe for a private vacation after the president completed an overseas trip on official business. However, no taxpayer money was used for the first family’s personal expenses.

FULL QUESTION

Is this true?

Michelle Obama Takes Her Girls to London for Fish and Chips !!!

⬐ Click to expand/collapse the full text ⬏
On Sunday, President Obama flew back to the United States on Air Force One. His wife, two daughters and her mother did a bit of shopping in Paris before taking their own Boeing 757 (C-32) over TO London to do some sight-seeing.

NOTE: We all remember Obama’s admonishment to corporate CEO’s in February:

“You can’t get corporate jets, you can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers dime.”

Apparently that doesn’t apply to his wife.

The London Times opened its description of Michelle’s visit this way:

Motorcycle outriders, armoured Chevrolets and bullet-headed men in raincoats criss-crossed London yesterday as Michelle Obama and her daughters spent a second day on an unofficial visit to the capital.

The Times went on to describe that when Michelle and the girls arrived at Westminster Abbey, the building was closed to tourists with people already in told to “wait against the wall.” An American visiting the Abbey said “Right then I knew it was probably someone from our ‘royal family’.”

Michelle’s motorcade shut down the London street above as the First Lady of the World and her children go for Fish and Chips at a pub in Mayfair . The entourage inside the restaurant was 15 people while dozens more wait outside. Include the dozens of Air Force personnel to fly and service the plane, embassy personnel and other staff and we are talking about a serious expenditure of tax payer dollars.

MEANWHILE, millions of Americans have lost their jobs and won’t be able to take their family on a summer vacation.

BUT - Despite their circumstances they’ll still be expected to fork over the tax dollars to pay for Michelle’s trip.

Tell your friends about this — it’s their TAX money, too!

FULL ANSWER

On June 7, President Barack Obama wrapped up an overseas trip that included a major speech at Cairo University in Egypt, a visit to Saudi Arabia and Germany, and a 65th anniversary commemoration of D-Day in France. The president flew back to Washington, D.C., but his wife, Michelle, her mother and daughters went to London for two days of vacation. The chain e-mail above alleges that this vacation time was financed by taxpayer money, saying that while "millions of Americans … won’t be able to take their family on a summer vacation … they’ll still be expected to fork over the tax dollars to pay for Michelle’s trip."

No Taxpayer Money for Personal Expenses

It is true that the Obamas visited Westminster Abbey, as well as a well-known local pub in Mayfair, as the e-mail says. The Obamas also visited Big Ben and Parliament. As an added treat for Sasha Obama’s 8th birthday, the Obama girls met the actors from the "Harry Potter" movies. But the Obamas paid for their own personal expenses – not U.S. taxpayers. Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, told FactCheck.org in an e-mail: "All personal travel and expenses incurred were paid for personally."

Cost of Security

The e-mail also questions the expenses for security for the family, saying that Michelle Obama’s motorcade "shut down [a] London street." President Obama has himself been criticized for similar reasons – in one instance, for flying with his wife to New York City for a date to dinner and a Broadway show. As was the case with Michelle Obama’s vacation, the Obamas personally paidfor dinner and the tickets to the show. While policy dictates that tax money does not cover any personal expenses, the cost of security has historically been placed on the taxpayer.

During any given trip, local law enforcement plays a big role in protecting presidents and their families. However, the United States Secret Service is the primary agency used to protect presidents, their families and some other members of an administration. According to the Congressional Research Service, the Secret Service is charged with protecting not only current presidents, vice presidents and their families, but also former presidents, children of former presidents under the age of 16, visiting heads of foreign states and other distinguished foreign visitors, and major presidential and vice presidential candidates. The same even goes for former vice presidents: Former Vice President Dick Cheney recently requested an additional six months of secret service protection – a request which was granted by President Obama.

– Andrew Karter
Sources

"GOP takes aim at Barack and Michelle Obama’s NYC Trip." Politico.com. 31 May 2009, accessed 25 Jul 2009.

"United States Service." SecretService.gov. Accesssed 25 Jul 2009.

Reese, Shawn. "The U.S. Secret Service: An Examination and Analysis of Its Evolving Missions." Congressional Research Service. 24 Mar 2009, accessed 27 Jul 2009.

Imperial
07-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Who cares?

clb09
07-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Sad that legitimate opposition to imperial federal leadership has to devolve into personal attacks on the Obama family and their race.

I wonder what some of us RP fans would say in response to an attack by the Air America crowd on Dr Paul's family as opposed to his ideas and beliefs.

devil21
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Sad that legitimate opposition to imperial federal leadership has to devolve into personal attacks on the Obama family and their race.

I wonder what some of us RP fans would say in response to an attack by the Air America crowd on Dr Paul's family as opposed to his ideas and beliefs.

Their race? Where's the race card being played? All I see is people pissed that the Obama family takes high cost vacations on the taxpayer's dime while the average American struggles more and more every day. Jeeez....at least Bush just went home to Texas for his vacations. The Obamas are the new American Royal Family. If RP's kids were traveling the world on the taxpayer dime then I'd expect RP fans wouldn't be too thrilled. First because it's wasteful, second because it would appear very hypocritical of RP himself. Terrible comparison you tried to draw.

clb09
07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Where's the race card being played?

the obama
s are ghetto royalty....

devil21
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
I just reread the posts you quoted. Nevermind it was only two posters in a 5 page thread but at least one of the posters you quoted out of context. The ghetto comments were in reference to Obama's days as a community organizer in the ghettos of Chicago. That's not racist. That's truth.

BlackTerrel
08-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Pretty much yeah.

devil21
08-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Pretty much yeah.

BT! Where ya been brotha? I thought you left us. :D

BlackTerrel
08-02-2009, 03:30 AM
I did... but I missed you way too much.