PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul wins Gun Owners of America Straw Poll with 97%

brumans
09-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Can't find this info on the website, but I got it from a reliable source (top Michigan campaign manager) saying that Ron Paul won the Gun Owners of America Straw Poll with 97%.

This straw poll was open to all members of the Gun Owners of America and took place in Mackinac Island in Michigan this past weekend.

quote from e-mail:

Dear Activists,

The weekend at Mackinac Island may be remembered for the
being the watershed moment for the Ron Paul campaign.
Never have I felt so rewarded for months of hard work, than
by the success we experienced this weekend.

Whether it was the landslide victory at the Gun Owners of
America straw poll (Ron Paul took 97% of the vote), the
legion of supporters accompanying Ron on his trip to the
Grand Hotel, the staff at the Ron Paul table at the Grand
Hotel, or the entire boat of Ron Paul supporters giving
Rudolph Giuliani the big thumbs-down, we all had a great
time and we made an enormous impression.

wgadget
09-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Congratulations!!!!

DahuiHeeNalu
09-24-2007, 07:20 AM
That is good news...we have quite a few gun shows around here we plan on getting out there and make people aware.

M.Bellmore
09-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Hopefully we will get access to that poll. That would really help in Michigan.

Richard in Austin
09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Can't find this info on the website, but I got it from a reliable source (top Michigan campaign manager) saying that Ron Paul won the Gun Owners of America Straw Poll with 97%.

This straw poll was open to all members of the Gun Owners of America and took place in Mackinac Island in Michigan this past weekend.

quote from e-mail:

I'm a Life Member of the Gun Owners of America, and I didn't hear anything about this (although my newsletter might have gotten lost in the mail or in the basket where I stick unread mail until I get to it), and there's nothing about this on their website or on Google. I'd hate to think I missed a GOA Member opportunity to show my support for RP, although it didn't matter, since obviously the average GOA member supports Ron Paul.

BTW, if you support the 2d Amendment and aren't a member of the GOA, please join - it's only $20, and their approach to the 2d amendment is more in line with RP's. The NRA compromises way too much for my tastes.

M.Bellmore
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm a Life Member of the Gun Owners of America, and I didn't hear anything about this (although my newsletter might have gotten lost in the mail or in the basket where I stick unread mail until I get to it), and there's nothing about this on their website or on Google. I'd hate to think I missed a GOA Member opportunity to show my support for RP, although it didn't matter, since obviously the average GOA member supports Ron Paul.

BTW, if you support the 2d Amendment and aren't a member of the GOA, please join - it's only $20, and their approach to the 2d amendment is more in line with RP's. The NRA compromises way too much for my tastes.

Maybe you could send them an email and ask where the results are? Suggest they send them out to all members :D