PDA

View Full Version : Nasty, Nasty Review of RP Rally--Freedom=Self-indulgence???

wgadget
09-24-2007, 06:46 AM
http://www.tomroeser.com/blogs/blogview.asp?blogID=24188

This man needs a few thunks on his thick head. There is a comments section.

JPFromTally
09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Do we really need to know about every single negative comment by a douchebag with a blog?

Seriously, I think there's a negative RP blog on geocities somewhere... Let me go find it and then post up the link.

freedominnumbers
09-24-2007, 07:01 AM

This guy is very qualified to determine self indulgence. He clearly lives a life of indulgence judging by his gross obesity.

Nothing like personal attacks to counter a blogger.

He apparently forgets one important thing about free men. Every man is by nature self indulgent. If this were not so we would have no incentive to achieve the great things we have. Would our forefathers have created this country were they not self indulgent? Would we have computers had not some nerds been self indulgent and acted on their nerdly impulses?

Self indulgence is the root of life Mr. Roeser. Without it none of us would be here today.

PaleoConservative
09-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Welcome to TomRoeser.com

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

"**WARNING**
Defamatory comments will not be tolerated and the individuals who post such comments will be turned over to authorities. Our "reader comments" system allows us to track IP addresses and we intend to collect as much information on posters as we possibly can. Thanks!"

lol, YEAH good luck with that one.

awigo50
09-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Ah, of course. He brings up hitler. And tries to equate the two. This guy is brilliant.

"You can say all you want about Hitler…monomaniac, racist, genocidal tyrant…but he and his people could really run a rally. From the Munich beer hall putsch through to the end of his regime he was unexcelled. Let me say the manipulation of an already excitable, juvenile, impressionable and deliriously passionate youth audience by the Ron Paul people was unexcelled-at least among those I have observed in this country. Hitler’s meetings would involve people packed like sardines in a room that did not allow much area for expansion. That was the case here. The storm troopers would then lead a preparatory with a brief exultation by one not as articulate as the one who was to come later. That happened, too, although the deputy campaign manager and campaign managers were no slouches. Following the warm-up, Hitler’s people ran a documentary by Leni Riefenstahl, the blonde goddess who dramatized Hitler youth…who was in fact probably the greatest film documentarian at that time in the world. When the documentary…showing bronzed athletes swearing allegiance to the Fuhrer and wide-eyed young people marching joyously as far as the eye could see in perfect precision…a groundswell of music would conclude, lights would go up and someone would shout: “Heil Hitler!” and in he would come. The place would go delirious. "

Ah, the sweetness of logic:

Hitler gave a good presentation
Ron Paul gave a good presentation
Therefore, Ron Paul must be a jew-killing, world domination bent Facist!

Hitler breathed air.
I breath air.
Therefore, I must be a jew-killing, world domination bent facist!

constituent
09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
easy solution, don't give them any traffic. say, hey... don't go to blahblahblah.dipshitblogger.com b/c he's a total wank job who trashes
our nation's only hope.... he hates us for our freedom.

MsDoodahs
09-24-2007, 07:15 AM
He's after the traffic.

Don't give it to him.

Cowlesy
09-24-2007, 07:17 AM
i won't even click on the link

bradleyq
09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
par for the course.
if we expect this kind of judgement then it wont be a shock when it happens.
Ron Pauls is a grass root movemennt. Expect little support from our nemisis'.

GO RON PAUL!

jmarinara
09-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Ah, the sweetness of logic:

Hitler breathed air.
I breath air.

Excellent. And hilarious too!

Nefertiti
09-24-2007, 07:44 AM
He rambles on for so long before he even gets to Ron Paul that I doubt many people will make it that far in the article. I wouldn't worry so much about it as it is so poorly written.

jmarinara
09-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I posted this in his comments section. I post it here because I'm certain he's going to delete it.

First of all, and I just have to get this out of the way, I'm assuming the picture of the man on the top of this page is you. Please don't be a hypocrite and generalize a group of people as "obese youth (obviously from hours spent huddled before computers). . .", because it just makes you look like a hypocrite. Besides, what in the world does it have to do with your political differences with Ron Paul?

Ok, so you don't like Ron Paul. Fine. You think we should be involved in nation building, and you probably love the patriot act removing your freedoms, and then there's the 6 zillion government bureau's. I get it, you've been had by the Republican Establishment Media who's told you what this country "really means" and how this country was "really founded". Fine. Go vote for Rudy McRomney-son and be happy. Blog about how you dislike Ron Paul's politics. I wouldn't even bat an eye at it. It's your right, you're free to do so. . . .

BUT DON"T LIE

When you say that "legalizing freedom" means no responsibility and the right to smoke whatever you want, you simply are telling lies, and clearly you didn't attend the same rally in Chicago I did. During his speech, Ron Paul got thunderous applause from these "hirsute, noisy, obstreperous, rambunctious and raucous" supporters when he said that freedom also means the freedom to fail, and necessarily means the need for personal responsibility to face the consequences of failure.

But you see, if you would have mentioned that, your portrayal of this group (including myself, a well groomed conservative Christian husband and father) as a bunch of dope smoking hippies would have fallen apart, would it not?

What legalizing freedom means is simply that we don't think the patriot act is a good idea. We don't think we need t give up liberty to have security. We don't think that playing fast and loose with the bill of rights is correct behavior for those in Washington. We don't think that government growing beyond it's constitutional boundaries is a good thing. Also, and pay attention here because you seem confused about the Dr.'s stance, we think that giving up our national sovereignty through open borders, unbalanced trade, unionization projects like the NAU, and one world currency policies is decidedly UNAMERICAN. So we're voting for Dr. Paul because he's the only one who seems to agree with us.

One other thing: I too am critical of some of Dr. Paul's supporters. But before I open my mouth too many times to them, I stop and remember that they are Americans too. Americans who for too long have been disinterested or jaded with politics as usual. And may I remind you, as I was once reminded, many of these "great unwashed" are the same people who keep our country going day in and day out. On my way from Wisconsin to the rally, I met business owners, computer technicians, truck drivers, retail clerks, those in professional fields (accountants, lawyers, etc.) and many many others who are simply everyday folks that this country relies on everyday. I think it's time we've listened to what those good folks have to say, and they've spoken loud and clear in favor of Dr. Paul.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Do we really need to know about every single negative comment by a douchebag with a blog?

Seriously, I think there's a negative RP blog on geocities somewhere... Let me go find it and then post up the link.

If someone is bad mouthing Ron Paul,yes we need to call them out,because they are flatout wrong,and if they are a blogger or a person or the media,they must be CORRECTED,these people are the reason why we are screwed by both parties.WE MUST CALL THEM ALL OUT,THEY ARE FLATOUT WRONG,opinions are just that,but to purposely mislead and lie about Ron Pauls Message,that cannot be tolerated.

RON PAUL 2008

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
I didnt hit the link,i think others have already posted,DO NOT GIVE HIM TRAFFIC

quickmike
09-24-2007, 08:17 AM
He rambles on for so long before he even gets to Ron Paul that I doubt many people will make it that far in the article. I wouldn't worry so much about it as it is so poorly written.

HAHAHA

You hit the nail on the head there. I got about 3 paragraphs into it and couldnt read this bloated bastard any longer. I scrolled to the end to find that hes afraid that Ron Paul would get rid of speed limits on our highways, something about Hitler youth, and that Ron Paul is not Taft.

Dumb bastards always overloook the tons of good things a RP presidency would bring, and focus on dumb shit like "no speed limits". As if that would be the first thing he would want to get done. WTF??? LOL

Dont bother reading this. You will want your 10 minutes back in the end.

kjdaugirdas
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I wrote him a letter:

Dear Mr. Roeser:

I read your review of the Chicago Ron Paul rally. I agree with you on some points: Yes, there were unkempt, unruly members in the audience. Even some "truthers". Yes, the rally was short on explanatory power, and heavy on celebration/cheering.

That being said, Mr. Roeser, it was a RALLY. It is unfair to compare Mr. Robert Taft's magnum opus, a book, to a political rally. Dr. Paul has written several books as well -- "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" and "Freedom under Seige". These books lay out a much more cerebral case for the positions Dr. Paul supports.

As for your comparisons to Hitler, these were absolutely unncessary, and, in my opinion, offensive. I have met many Ron Paul supporters, and they are among the best-informed citizen-voters in the population. Ask an Obama supporter to name 5 other candidates running! I have, and the answer is usually "uh... Hillary..." Ron Paul supporters are not sheep. They are not entranced by a fiery demagogue. In an age where most of the populus doesn't care, and doesn't read or consume any media other than CNN, where they are essentially instructed to vote for the anointed -- how can you make such claims about Ron Paul supporters?

Sincerely,

torchbearer
09-24-2007, 08:49 AM

After seeing this article.... go and watch this video "Who is Jon Galt?" :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_qQt9IrUc0

It actually talks about this kind of people... these kind of people are our collectivist enemy... it is their ideas of morality that will destroy our country!
WATCH THE VID!

torchbearer
09-24-2007, 08:51 AM
perhap someone could post the above John Galt video on the articles comments or via email...

drpiotrowski
09-24-2007, 08:55 AM
This guy's Robert Taft stiffy gets in the way of the garbage he's trying to say.

torchbearer
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
ok, i posted the video in his comment section... I hope he takes a look at it. ;)

Syren123
09-24-2007, 02:02 PM
This is nothing but sheer asshattery.

angelatc
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I laughed at the comment that said "You're old and fat!"

It's just crazy to say that Ron Paul supporters aren't informed on the issues. They're far better read than the majority of voters.

I also scoffed. Chicago's first internet newspaper has at least one grammatical error right on it's front page. I see no reason to point it out to him though.

hard@work
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
comments are hilarious.

TooConservative
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
My first post.

The president of that online newspaper posted his own rebuttal to Roeser.

Chicago Daily Observer | A Word…Well Maybe More than a Word…in Defense of Ron Paul
http://www.cdobs.com/our-columns/a-wordwell-maybe-more-than-a-wordin-defense-of-ron-paul/

Seems the writer has been a victim of Patriot Act so he's interested in RP's message of liberty.

"As I am one of the few people to be prosecuted via the Patriot Act, (unknowingly operating a money transfer service without federal license) I will personally applaud any politician who wants to rein in this mucky legislation."

angelatc
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the forums.

I saw that, and the original writer wrote a post called "Personal Aside: Since the Server Broke Down Under the Responsorial Load at The Chicago Daily Observer, Let’s Give the Issue of Ron Paul a Rest for a Time…"

http://www.tomroeser.com/blogs/blogview.asp?blogID=24193

TooConservative
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Another server melted. Nice work, Paulian Horde!

angelatc
09-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Exactly. I'll rest when I'm dead.

TooConservative
09-29-2007, 11:09 AM

Hitler breathed air.
I breath air.

Now you've done it.

Headline in tomorrow's New York Times:

RON PAUL SUPPORTER BENT ON WORLD DOMINATION AND A NEW FINAL SOLUTION

New York City, NY (AP) Another Ron Paul supporter has unveiled a plan for world conquest and the liquidation of the Jews on a Ron Paul internet forum. The Ron Paul campaign was unavailable for comment on Ron Paul's agreement with this Hitler-like agenda from those associated with his campaign.