PDA

View Full Version : Why the Hating on Glenn Beck?

be2112
06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Isn't he the best we have in the mainstream news media?

ItsTime
06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
No. The Judge is. Glenn Beck says a lot of things that we can agree with just to make push war in the middle east and war with Mexico. He is there to try to sell the liberty movement war.

Steeleye
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
He called us terrorists.

Todd
06-30-2009, 07:59 PM
No. The Judge is. Glenn Beck says a lot of things that we can agree with just to make push war in the middle east and war with Mexico. He is there to try to sell the liberty movement war.

+1
If Andrew Napolitano ever gets his choice of timeslots like Beck does, then Beck is a has been.
Becks Jeckyll and Hyde with true conservatism

Liberty Star
06-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Isn't he the best we have in the mainstream news media?

He's one of the best neocom pimps in MSM and he does make faux news proud. His comparing Iraq exist in to worst mistake since slavery was just priceless.

Then there his Iran war hysteria. Hard to tell if he is he American or Israeli?

YouTube - Beck: Iraq "was always about getting to Iran" & WMD's bonus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUbBbGVF6Q8)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Iraq, The Real Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkcjwh1oZdE)

Todd
06-30-2009, 08:01 PM
He called us terrorists.

Some of us haven't forgotten how he ambushed Paul on his show before the primaries with that talk of having his life threatened.

Poor Glenn:rolleyes:

Epic
06-30-2009, 08:06 PM
If the Judge didn't look like he was in the mafia, then he would definitely have a show by now.

What they should do now is give him a 1 hour weekend slot.

Wineman77
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I do like that he is going after the Fed this week, and talking up HR 1207.

swed
06-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Hes a neocon plain and simple.

StilesBC
06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Can't trust him. Never will.

axiomata
06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
He ate my dog.

ChickenHawk
06-30-2009, 09:48 PM
The term "neocon" has been essentially reduced to a swear word.

AdamT
06-30-2009, 09:53 PM
When you sign a $40 million contract with Faux you're a controlled asset for whatever propaganda or agenda your masters want.

swed
06-30-2009, 09:56 PM
$40 million? Damn for that paycheck Id tell you 2 + 2 = 9 alllllllllll day on TV

JoshLowry
06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
When you sign a $40 million contract with Faux you're a controlled asset for whatever propaganda or agenda your masters want.

Sums it up quite nicely.

You should put it in your film. :)

ChickenHawk
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Or maybe they pay him to say what he believes because they know it will get good ratings. Is that too cynical?

Come to think of it, is it possible someone could say things I disagree with and really mean it? I wouldn't think so. They would have to be getting paid to disagree with me because what other possible reason would they have for being intentionally wrong?

swed
06-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Is that too cynical?

Nah, thats just being gullible.

torchbearer
06-30-2009, 10:18 PM
He called us terrorists.

this did it for me.

Mini-Me
06-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Or maybe they pay him to say what he believes because they know it will get good ratings. Is that too cynical?

Come to think of it, is it possible someone could say things I disagree with and really mean it? I wouldn't think so. They would have to be getting paid to disagree with me because what other possible reason would they have for being intentionally wrong?

I wonder just how many clauses are in his contract regarding the consequences of changing his beliefs from the Faux News party line though? Remember the fake crying scene? Either he's their entertainer through and through (emphasis on the word "their"), or he's pretty out there mentally...in which case, think about this: Do you think they'd ever risk the consequences of him doing a complete 180 on nearly all issues and going all Dennis Kucinich on them with years left on his contract? ;) No, there are limits as to what they'll allow and what they won't. He probably speaks his mind within a certain allowance they're giving him, but that doesn't mean he's not still on a leash. The real question is, exactly what kind of limits have they drawn up for him? For instance, I imagine that decrying imperialist foreign policy is off the table, since war profiteering and military adventurism seems to be the priority for that station.

ChickenHawk
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Obviously they are expecting him to present a certain point of view. That is why they hired him. I would also agree that it would probably be a problem if morphed into Keith Olbermann or something. However, if that happened his ratings would tank and they would have a better reason to fire him.

Why is it that every time a grown man cries everyone thinks it's fake? I don't think that It's fake when Glenn Beck cries, but I do think he is mayor of Crazytown.

ChickenHawk
06-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Also, the foreign policy thing is just a very prevalent opinion among "conservatives". heck, I'm probably slightly closer to Glenn Beck on foreign policy then I am to Ron Paul. It is far more common for libertarian minded people to be at least somewhat hawkish on foreign policy then it is for them to be complete non-interventionist. In fact non-interventionist foreign policy is something that I doubt will ever be anything close to mainstream in this country. I think less interventionist foreign policy will prevail in the future but non-interventionism is dead in the water whether you like it or not.

Kludge
06-30-2009, 10:51 PM
He ate my dog.

What she said.

swed
06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
No we arent "hawkish by nature". You're thinking of the republicans.

misterx
06-30-2009, 11:08 PM
He's inconsistent. He was sympathetic with Russia over the war in Georgia, but he jumps on the neocon bandwagon when it comes to Iran and Iraq.

torchbearer
06-30-2009, 11:14 PM
YouTube - Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place (Scotch Mist Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxvTOxeeFSA)

Dreamofunity
07-01-2009, 02:25 AM
He makes annoying voices.

HOLLYWOOD
07-01-2009, 05:07 AM
$40 Million, huh? Well, always follow the trail of money... leads you to the truth.

I don't know, but doesn't it seem like Beck is more Narcissistic than ever? The problem with money is... the more they make, the smarter they think they are to the world.

Then again... watching "ANCHORMAN" enlightens your senses back to reality.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-01-2009, 05:27 AM
He just jumps on whatever sensationalized bandwagon passes his way.

hamilton1049
07-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Unless Glen Beck openly apologizes to Ron Paul and those who supported him for the way he treated us during the campaign for all I care Glen Beck can rot in hell with Hannity and O'Reilly and a host of other MSM schills.

Cowlesy
07-01-2009, 06:08 AM
I like Glenn Beck, but we are worlds apart when it comes to foreign intervention.

And that's okay. We'll just keep hammering on him and hopefully someday he wakes up and realizes that Michael Scheuer is right.

ItsTime
07-01-2009, 06:47 AM
I like Glenn Beck, but we are worlds apart when it comes to foreign intervention.

And that's okay. We'll just keep hammering on him and hopefully someday he wakes up and realizes that Michael Scheuer is right.

I think he maybe scared to realize that Scheuer is right.

Cowlesy
07-01-2009, 06:49 AM

The Israelis haaaaaaaaate Scheuer, so whenever Beck has him on, he always does a "Now we often disagree, and I've been pretty mad at you in the past.....but I'm starting to think you're right", but then he also says Scheuer never pulls punches, and people need to read his work.

Beck walks the line pretty well with having him on.

paulitics
07-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Also, the foreign policy thing is just a very prevalent opinion among "conservatives". heck, I'm probably slightly closer to Glenn Beck on foreign policy then I am to Ron Paul. It is far more common for libertarian minded people to be at least somewhat hawkish on foreign policy then it is for them to be complete non-interventionist .

I don't think so. If RP was like Beck, or remotely hawkish on foreign policy, it would contradict the rest of his message. You can't be a libertarian on so many issues, including fiscal conservativism, if you are for an aggressive foreign policy.

There may be alot of pseudo-libertarians in the media like Beck, but I don't think they are representative of true libertarians, although perhaps they want to dilute it or poision it just like the neocons did with conservatism. Neoconism and libertianism do not mix well. It is a leftist ideaology of a big powerful federal government that opposes what principles our country was founded on.

Sandra
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Beck is paid to diffuse. He attempted to frame himself as a Libertarian, all the while introducing and intermingling extremely liberal government policy as if it were conservatism(neo con). Then uses conservative social issues to back up the need for government interference (neo con). I see some pundits are using the term neo liberal for neo cons which is the proper terminology.... although ironic.

kojirodensetsu
07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
He's better than most, but still not ideal.

Master
07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Hes a neocon plain and simple.

+1

amonasro
07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
He stabbed RP supporters in the back too many times during the campaign for me to trust him.

CCTelander
07-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Because he's an establishment shill.

gls
07-01-2009, 01:07 PM

I don't trust Scheuer. He comes across as a fascist neocon.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Agrees US Needs Another Al Qaeda Attack To Protect Us From Immigrants? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQJVhNH99c)

"Only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them, effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary."

Flash
07-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't trust Scheuer. He comes across as a fascist neocon.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Agrees US Needs Another Al Qaeda Attack To Protect Us From Immigrants? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQJVhNH99c)

In context they were discussing the American-Mexican border, and Americans wouldn't wake up and secure their nation UNTIL another attack on American soil happens.

By the way, anyone else think Scheuer should run for office?

gls
07-01-2009, 01:17 PM
In context they were discussing the American-Mexican border, and Americans wouldn't wake up and secure their nation UNTIl another attack on American soil happens.

I suppose. I'm a hell of a lot more worried about the federal government using "as much violence as necessary" to "protect" me from undocumented immigrants than I am about undocumented immigrants alone.

Realistically from what I've read the issue has been taking care of itself anyway due to the dismal economic conditions (and the subsequent decrease in labor demand).

Cowlesy
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
In context they were discussing the American-Mexican border, and Americans wouldn't wake up and secure their nation UNTIL another attack on American soil happens.

By the way, anyone else think Scheuer should run for office?

Yes.

But he never will. I think he enjoys trying to wake people up the way he is doing so now.

If Ron would have won he would have made an amazing Secretary of State.

And on the "Michael Scheuer is a neo-con" point, I don't think there is a group on earth that hates Michael Scheuer more than the neocons.

P.S. Glenn Beck is not a "libertarian" -- though he may have a few assorted libertarian views.

Athan
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Some of us haven't forgotten how he ambushed Paul on his show before the primaries with that talk of having his life threatened.

Poor Glenn:rolleyes:

Ditto. I'm like a damned elephant on shit like this. I remember the Alamo, Goliad, and now Glenn Beck's kick to our balls.

Don't ask me why. I dunno either.

kahless
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I like Glenn but I am prepared to be let down. For some reason I fear that if Ron Paul or a candidate like Ron comes forward in the future he will ignore the candidate/support and say there are no politicians out there that are speaking for us. I hope I am wrong.

paulitics
07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes.

But he never will. I think he enjoys trying to wake people up the way he is doing so now.

If Ron would have won he would have made an amazing Secretary of State.

And on the "Michael Scheuer is a neo-con" point, I don't think there is a group on earth that hates Michael Scheuer more than the neocons.

P.S. Glenn Beck is not a "libertarian" -- though he may have a few assorted libertarian views.

I respect Scheuer for not mincing words. Beck is a bullshitter, who tells you want you want to hear, then subtely contradicts himself in the next sentence while telling his other audience what they want to hear.

Scheuer though is not a shining example of a liberty lover. Remember, he did create the extraordinary rendition program which is the most ghastly policy America has ever implemeted. Who cares about Gitmo. This horror show of kidnapping and torture in undisclosed dungeons makes Gitmo look like summer camp.

Even Beck himself said, if we are going to torture, we should have the guts to do it ourselves.

He think he may be pro patriot act, wiretapping, etc as well.