PDA

View Full Version : GOP Straw Poll In New Jersey on Sept. 29th

bluerose196767
09-24-2007, 06:03 AM
:D Just a reminder!!;)
Lets get a huge crowd of Ron Paul Supporters to attend this event on Sept. 29th in Jersey. I am thinking of showing up earlier and getting Ron Paul supporters to hang out flyers and liberty cards. Also, we should all show up with our signs to support this great man and show that we mean business. my email address is bluewolf1967@yahoo.com. Thanks IRene

Special Event:
I want to thank all of you that took part in the poll. The results are below, but first, I wanted to share with all of you this announcement. Our very successful Conservative Leadership continental brunches are returning. The next one will be on Saturday, September 29th @ 10:30am and will be held at the Hampton Inn on Rt. 9 in Woodbridge.
We will be featuring a 2008 Presidential GOP Candidates Forum with surrogates representing t he presidential candidates. This will be the ONLY EVENT of it's kind in the State of New Jersey before the 2008 February primary and the day will end with the Conservatives with Attitude! 2008 Presidential Straw Poll; your only opportunity to participate in a state-wide straw poll in New Jersey before the primary.
The early registration price is only $18.00 and you can register by going to our website at www.GOPUSANJ.com and clicking on the "Buy Now" button on the left-hand side. If you want to pay by check, please reply to this email for mailing instructions. If you want to reserve your seat and pay at the door, please reply back to this email with your name and how many seats you would like to reserve. You can also call our event hot-line @ 201-708-6610
All surrogates have been officially authorized by their respective campaigns to speak on behalf of the candidate and the following have accepted so far:
Mayor Rudy Giuliani will be represented by Bill Spadea
Governor Mitt Romney will be represented by State Senator Joe Kyrillos
Congressman Ron Paul will be represented by Dr. Murray Sabrin

Poll Results
All participants were provided with the following list of potential candidates although they were also allowed to select nominees who were not listed:
Sam Brownback, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson, Tommy Thompson
As I mentioned in the original email, the participants were allowed to make 1-3 ranked selections for Most Desired and Lease Desired. Those selections were weighted as follows...
1) Worth 3 points
2 Worth 2 points
3) Worth 1 point
So, for example, a candidate who received two first place votes (6 points), a second place vote (2 point), & and three third place votes (3 points), would receive a grand total of 11 points.
Also, keep in mind that the scoring cut-off to be included in the lists below was 10 points. If a candidate received less than that, his/her score was not listed.

Also keep in mind that not everyone put in 3 selections for each area.
Here are the selections that were made with the total number of points each candidate tallied following his/her name in parentheses...

Most Desired Nominee For 2008
9) Sam Brownback (13)
9) Newt Gingrich (13)
8) John McCain (16)
7) Tom Tancredo (27)
6) Ron Paul (28)
5) Duncan Hunter (38)
4) Mike Huckabee (40)
3) Fred Thompson (62)
2) Mitt Romney (67)
1) Rudy Giuliani (75)

Least Desired Nominee For 2008
7) Tom Tancredo (24)
6) Tommy Thompson (27)
5) Sam Brownback (31)
4) Mitt Romney (32)
3) Rudy Giuliani (47)
2) Ron Paul (84)
1) John McCain (100)

Net Score For The 2008 Nominees (Positive Minus Negative)
11) John McCain (-84)
10) Ron Paul (-56)
9) Tommy Thompson (-27)
8) Sam Brownback (-18)
7) Tom Tancredo (3)
6) Newt Gingrich (13)
5) Rudy Giuliani (28)
4) Mitt Romney (35)
3) Duncan Hunter (38)
2) Mike Huckabee (40)
1) Fred Thompson (62)

ross11988
09-24-2007, 09:32 AM
wasnt this straw poll found to be a fake or not offically recognized by the NJ GOP?

jj111
09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
The results above, what event name and date were these results from?

specsaregood
09-24-2007, 09:40 AM
wasnt this straw poll found to be a fake or not offically recognized by the NJ GOP?

The information is sketchy. Nobody knows. The campaign said that Dr. Sabrin was not officially speaking for Dr. Paul. Other have posted that the organization is NOT official GOP. But, it is probably worth showing up anyways.

The topic will probably come up tonight on the NJ organizers' conf. call.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Can anyone clarify this?

ross11988
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Even if its not real, i dont see a reason why not to show up!