PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul under attack

FrankRep
09-24-2007, 05:21 AM
UPDATE:
One of his ghostwriters wrote the article. After the article was published, Paul fired her.

---------

YouTuber is asking if Ron Paul is racist because of a quote from 1996.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVcuhUXpvHo

http://zennie2005.blogspot.com/2007/09/ron-paul-and-racism-cnnyoutube.html

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_and_Racism_CNN_YouTube_Republican_Debate_ Question

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 06:51 AM
It's that stupid newsletter again. This guy doesn't even bring up Congressman Paul's response to that quote which he didn't even write or say. Then the guy uses who has supported Ron Paul against him as if he can control it. I left a comment on that blog that Walter Williams has also endorsed Ron Paul and is a candidate for his VP. Anyway, the attack has been quelled. This guy either didn't do his research or more likely he's purposely trying to smear the good doctor's name. I won't stand for that so first I'm going to sit down. And now I will respond at You tube and I suggest all of you do too before it's too late.

cujothekitten
09-24-2007, 07:00 AM
It's that stupid newsletter again. This guy doesn't even bring up Congressman Paul's response to that quote which he didn't even write or say. Then the guy uses who has supported Ron Paul against him as if he can control it. I left a comment on that blog that Walter Williams has also endorsed Ron Paul and is a candidate for his VP. Anyway, the attack has been quelled. This guy either didn't do his research or more likely he's purposely trying to smear the good doctor's name. I won't stand for that so first I'm going to sit down. And now I will respond at You tube and I suggest all of you do too before it's too late.

I'm subscribed to that guy and he's not trying to smear... he's trying to ask a question. He knows there was a ghost writer but he wants to hear Paul explain the situation.

On a side note every time people click on a bad video it bumps it into the main pages. Every time you post it bumps it onto the main pages. Most people don't watch all the videos and instead just read the title. If you see a title to a video saying "Ron Paul is a loser" then don't click on it and don't post in it. You are just putting it on the front pages and getting the video maker more subscribers.

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 07:34 AM
I respectfully disagree there Cujo. In this video he has one mission: To smear Ron Paul. He didn't even put his response in his question! He's already responded to this and it's on the internet as plain as day. Zennie Abraham wants the question asked on the You Tube debate so that Ron Paul looks bad. A true supporter would never do that. A true supporter would go to great lengths to defend what or who he's supporting. A true supporter is not Zennie Abraham and that is obvious from this video. It's now up to us true supporters to stop him before he brings Dr. Paul down and the rest of us along with him.

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Rein it in RPF. You don't help your candidate by protecting him from scary questions. It's the scary questions that give him a chance to shine.

FrankRep
09-24-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm subscribed to that guy and he's not trying to smear... he's trying to ask a question. He knows there was a ghost writer but he wants to hear Paul explain the situation.

What's the official answer to this question?

hopeforamerica
09-24-2007, 07:42 AM
This guy is brilliant! He knows Ron Paul did not write that, and is probably tired of hearing it as well. He want to give RP a chance to answer it himself and close the door to that ridiculous statement.

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
This guy is brilliant! He knows Ron Paul did not write that, and is probably tired of hearing it as well. He want to give RP a chance to answer it himself and close the door to that ridiculous statement.

Interesting take. I like your answer better than Mr. White's. And no I won't rein it in! I would go to great lengths to protect Dr. Paul and I'm a little surprised that others don't feel the same way. I guess I'm willing to give Zennie another chance if he will apologize for this video. Look at the comments below from him in the You tube video. He says he's done more research and he still doesn't know that Dr. Paul has responded to this. The NAACP debate? Please. David Duke? Like Congressman Paul can really tell people who can support him and who can't. And he's not avoiding Black audience debates because he's going to be at the PBS one this Thursday! This guy hasn't done his research and it certainly shows.

"The more research I do, the uglier it gets. I don't like what I'm turning up at all. Look, we're talking about President of The United States, not dogcatcher. For one to avoid the NAACP debates -- or any Black audience debate -- smacks of racism. There's no argument there. Racism is a mental illness that no one should support."

"Again, I believe the question must be asked in a public forum. Plus, it seems none other than David Duke has taken a liking to Ron Paul. Plus, The Heritage Front -- "Canada's Largest White Civil Rights Resource Center" -- has Ron Paul's Newsletter listed as a resource. Why? And why does Congressman Paul not make statements denouncing the support of these terrorist groups? I can't find a statement by Paul damning David Duke...yet."

LibertyEagle
09-24-2007, 07:59 AM
I doesn't look innocent to me, but in a way I'm glad he went on and asked the question. This keeps haunting us. It's time it was brought out on the table and Dr. Paul answered it, clearly and definitively. It ought to be easy for Dr. Paul to put this whole thing to rest. If anyone was not a racist, it is Dr. Paul.

I just hope those around Dr. Paul are doing their jobs and reviewing these questions, so Dr. Paul has some time to formulate a clear answer that he can give in a 30 second time span. Now, is no time to grasp for words.

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
That NAACP debate was the one where Tancredo was the only one who showed up, right?

And the upcoming Tavis Smiley debate is going to address a lot of African-American issues, right?

Hm.

FrankRep
09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
What's the official answer to this question?

nexalacer
09-24-2007, 08:14 AM
He asks the question in a serious manner, not with an ounce of praise for Dr. Paul, so one of the screeners at the You-tube debate or whatever chooses it to burn him. It's a brilliant idea because Dr. Paul will take this set-up pitch and hit it out of the park. And anyone who thinks they need to "protect" him, he's a grown, respectable, honest man. What kind of "protection" does he need from you? (Other than the assassin's bullet that is sure to head his way if he gets elected in the General Elections... thus I suggest you volunteer for his private secret service. Don't rely on the Government, see what they let happen to Kennedy?)

Mr. White
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Interesting that you didn't like my answer since I said the same thing as the other guy.

You want to post your disagreement with the way the poster framed the question, cool, I'm not a fan of it either. My 'rein it in' referred to your belief that the man shouldn't be asked scary questions. You don't protect him by discouraging the opposition. You protect him by challenging him to protect himself. In this case by promoting the scary question.

He's not a fragile egg. He's a crusty political veteran. He NEEDS to be allowed to answer these questions because if he isn't, it will allow people to answer it for him in their own minds.

Avalon
09-24-2007, 09:07 AM
You don't protect him by discouraging the opposition. You protect him by challenging him to protect himself. In this case by promoting the scary question.

He's not a fragile egg. He's a crusty political veteran. He NEEDS to be allowed to answer these questions because if he isn't, it will allow people to answer it for him in their own minds. Clearly you've never worked in politics. Some questions can only harm a candidate's campaign. This is one such question. No matter how RP addresses it people will question whether he's telling the truth. Of course RP should address it as best as possible if/when it comes up (as should we) but we want it to come up as little as possible.

Original_Intent
09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Clearly you've never worked in politics. Some questions can only harm a candidate's campaign. This is one such question. No matter how RP addresses it people will question whether he's telling the truth. Of course RP should address it as best as possible if/when it comes up (as should we) but we want it to come up as little as possible.

"Senator, when did you stop beating your wife?"

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I believe very strongly in the right of self defense. When this guy makes up half truths it reflects bad on Dr. Paul and we are an extension of him. If it were up to some people in this thread, all attacks would go against Ron Paul unchecked. I'm not about to lay back and let these people get away with it! After some deep investigative research, I've come to the conclusion that this guy is a big Obama supporter. You don't think that he has a stake in bringing down Ron Paul who has captured some of the young voter base that Obama covets?

And I never discouraged opposition. We all have the right to free speech given to us by the 1st amendment. I'm probably the strictest Constitutionalist of anyone on this forum. I said that a true supporter would never make their candidate look bad, and Zennie is not a true supporter. He's free to ask whatever question he wishes, but when it reflects negatively on Dr. Paul and I can do something to help him, I will. I think we can learn a lot from what another great man, John F. Kennedy said 46 years ago: "In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility- I welcome it!"