PDA

View Full Version : Salon article mentions RP supporters & Giuliani --"The GOP gets gaudy in Michigan"

LizF
09-24-2007, 04:34 AM
It's only a brief mention on page 2 of the article, but it made me laugh:

"The night before, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani visited the island just long enough to deliver a 35-minute dinner address. After speaking at length about the importance of staying "on offense" in the war on terror, he offered what has become the central argument of his campaign: his own electability. "I honestly think I have the best chance of defeating Hillary Clinton," he said. "If we are going to win back the House, if we are going to win back the Senate, we cannot go into the next election giving up New York, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan." As soon as the speech was over, he left without shaking voters' hands or glancing at the press. His ferry off the island that night was packed with supporters of the libertarian Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who, according to several accounts, spent the ride shouting Paul chants in Giuliani's general direction."

For full article:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/09/24/mackinac/index1.html

McDermit
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
lol

ItsTime
09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
" libertarian Texas Rep. Ron Paul" he is not libertarian rep he is a republican one

M.Bellmore
09-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Another funny quote:

Thompson was followed by Arizona Sen. John McCain, who garnered some of the biggest cheers of the conference, in part because it was late and people had been drinking for hours.