PDA

View Full Version : Top ten reasons to never vote libertarian

Freedom 4 all
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Occasionally I'll do some opposition research, or as one fellow RPF member once put it, "diving into a septic tank to confirm that it is, in fact full of shit." Today I'm inclined to agree with him based on this list posted on Sean Hannity's forums

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=1531821

1. Americans are too stupid and irresponsible to handle complete drug legalization. Although having the stupider of the species die off early might not be such a bad thing.

2. I don't care if you test them, card them, or unionize them, hookers are still skanks that are so stupid their only qualification for employment is a biological function any woman in the world can perform with little or no previous experience.

3. After a while, the libertarians will be broke, having blown most, if not all, of their money on whores and blow.

4. Ron Paul looks like Grandpa Munster.

5. He needs an eyebrow trimmer, too.

6. Unless you're willing to return us to the 1930s, a barter economy does not work. I like living past 40 and not dying of typhus. We will never be self-sufficient. Like people who have an eye for a bargain and don't mind paying the shipping charges on eBay, there will always be someone who can make the same thing you can and will cheerfully undercut your ass for the sheer self-satisfaction of screwing you.

7. Isolationism works every time it's tried. Unfortunately, it works for guys like Stalin, Hitler, Tojo, Pol Pot, and Idi Amin. Eventually, people will grow tired of you not helping out when someone Sarin-gasses them, even by accident. Yeah, they'll quit calling you for help. They'll also quit buying crap from you, too.

8. We are a Christian nation, so #$@% you. Oh, wait! I'm not supposed to say that!

9. You favor drug usage, legalized prostitution, abortions for whatever state wants them, no military actions anywhere further than Phoenix, and telling the world economy to go jump. You're not married, are you?

10. You still can't get people to stop saying Lyndon LaRouche was a Libertarian.

Kludge
06-29-2009, 12:38 PM
10. You still can't get people to stop saying Lyndon LaRouche was a Libertarian.

Okay... That one had me laughing pretty hard.

Feenix566
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Sounds like a neocon circle jerk. Let's put together the top ten reasons not to vote neocon. I'll start:

10. Shooting people doesn't make them free.

9. Torturing people doesn't make them want to attack us less.

8. Giving the government unfettered authority to spy on Americans doesn't make us more free.

7. They don't hate us for our freedom.

6. Talking about fiscal responsibility and then spending more than any administration in history tends to make people stop trusting you.

5. Gay people can probably kick your ass.

4. If my kids have to pray in school, then your kids have to come to our weekly services for the flying spagetti monster.

3. Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction.

2. Prior to the Harrison act of 1914, when all drugs were legal in the United States, 1.3% of the population were addicted to drugs. In 1970, when Nixon launched the War on Drugs, 1.3% of the population was addicted to drugs. Fourty years, trillions of dollars, and thousands of murders in the street later, 1.3% of the population is addicted to drugs.

1. It's pronounced "NU-KLEE-AR".

Elwar
06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Occasionally I'll do some opposition research, or as one fellow RPF member once put it, "diving into a septic tank to confirm that it is, in fact full of shit." Today I'm inclined to agree with him based on this list posted on Sean Hannity's forums

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=1531821

1. Americans are too stupid and irresponsible to handle complete drug legalization. Although having the stupider of the species die off early might not be such a bad thing.

2. I don't care if you test them, card them, or unionize them, hookers are still skanks that are so stupid their only qualification for employment is a biological function any woman in the world can perform with little or no previous experience.

3. After a while, the libertarians will be broke, having blown most, if not all, of their money on whores and blow.

4. Ron Paul looks like Grandpa Munster.

5. He needs an eyebrow trimmer, too.

6. Unless you're willing to return us to the 1930s, a barter economy does not work. I like living past 40 and not dying of typhus. We will never be self-sufficient. Like people who have an eye for a bargain and don't mind paying the shipping charges on eBay, there will always be someone who can make the same thing you can and will cheerfully undercut your ass for the sheer self-satisfaction of screwing you.

7. Isolationism works every time it's tried. Unfortunately, it works for guys like Stalin, Hitler, Tojo, Pol Pot, and Idi Amin. Eventually, people will grow tired of you not helping out when someone Sarin-gasses them, even by accident. Yeah, they'll quit calling you for help. They'll also quit buying crap from you, too.

8. We are a Christian nation, so #$@% you. Oh, wait! I'm not supposed to say that!

9. You favor drug usage, legalized prostitution, abortions for whatever state wants them, no military actions anywhere further than Phoenix, and telling the world economy to go jump. You're not married, are you?

Basically saying Americans are stupid...

Those same Americans that vote overwhelmingly for Republicans and Democrats as opposed to Libertarians...

hmm...

acptulsa
06-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Top reason not to listen to Hannity:

He would tell you Jesus isn't worthy of your vote if He does the Second Coming thing without an eyebrow trimmer. :rolleyes:

Feenix566
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Top reason not to listen to Hannity:

He would tell you Jesus isn't worthy of your vote if He does the Second Coming thing without an eyebrow trimmer. :rolleyes:

If Jesus came back and ran for office as a Democrat, and even promised to do everything in the Republican platform, Hannity would oppose Jesus and make accusations that he wasn't Christian enough.

misterx
06-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Number one started out good, but I would change the ending like this:

1. Americans are too stupid and irresponsible to handle democracy. Don't believe me, just turn on CSPAN and see who they've elected.

acptulsa
06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
1. Americans are too stupid and irresponsible to handle democracy. Don't believe me, just turn on CSPAN and see who they've elected.

Hell, you can do it more quickly than that. Turn on Faux News and see what manner of brainless shills they listen to...

Todd
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
If Jesus came back and ran for office as a Democrat, and even promised to do everything in the Republican platform, Hannity would oppose Jesus and make accusations that he wasn't Christian enough.

QFT. He would also label him unAmerican.

2. Prior to the Harrison act of 1914, when all drugs were legal in the United States, 1.3% of the population were addicted to drugs. In 1970, when Nixon launched the War on Drugs, 1.3% of the population was addicted to drugs. Fourty years, trillions of dollars, and thousands of murders in the street later, 1.3% of the population is addicted to drugs.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2008/04/06/editorial/commentary2.html

The link above basically backs the premise of that statement except it suggest 10%.....but where'd you get the statistic for 1/3%. I'm actually curious to study this more.

jclay2
06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
It could be just me, but is that a joke/sarcassm. If it is not a joke, that is a pretty sad argument against libertarian thinking.

Steeleye
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
It could be just me, but is that a joke/sarcassm. If it is not a joke, that is a pretty sad argument against libertarian thinking.

I went to the "tank"; OP is defending it. He's serious.

acptulsa
06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
If it is not a joke, that is a pretty sad argument against libertarian thinking.

Is there any other kind? ;)

tangent4ronpaul
06-29-2009, 02:06 PM
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2008/04/06/editorial/commentary2.html

The link above basically backs the premise of that statement except it suggest 10%.....but where'd you get the statistic for 1/3%. I'm actually curious to study this more.

So am I.

In the link above, they lump together alcoholism and drug use, but point out that the answer depends on who takes the poll.

Portugal has legalized drugs, as a result their crime rate, prison population and number of drug users has decreased. Holland is closing 7 prisons due to a lack of inmates. The US has more people in prison than any other country and accounts for 25% of the worlds inmate population. 2/3rds of these people are in for drug possession.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/02/record.prison.population/

Study: 7.3 million in U.S. prison system in '07

(CNN) -- A record number of Americans served time in corrections systems across the country in 2007, according to a report released Monday by the Pew Center on the States.

The U.S. correctional population -- those in jail, prison, on probation or on parole -- totaled 7.3 million, or 1 in every 31 adults.

The Pew Center on the States compiled the information from Justice Department and Census Bureau statistics.

America's prison population has skyrocketed over the past quarter century. In 1982, 1 in 77 adults were in the correctional system in one form or another, totaling 2.2 million people.

The United States has 5 percent of the world's population, but 25 percent of the world's prison inmates, the center said.

The numbers vary widely by race and gender.

"Black adults are four times as likely as whites and nearly 2.5 times as likely as Hispanics to be under correctional control. One in 11 black adults -- 9.2 percent -- was under correctional supervision at year-end 2007," the report said. "And although the number of female offenders continues to grow, men of all races are under correctional control at a rate five times that of women."

There are also wide differences depending on the state. Georgia tops the nation, with 1 in 13 adults in the state's corrections system, while in New Hampshire the figure is 1 in 88. Southern states tended to have higher rates, with Plains and rural Northeastern states coming in lower.

"State policy choices are responsible for creating this mess and state policy choices can get us out," said Adam Gelb, director of the Public Safety Performance Project for the Pew Center on the States. "There are two things, and two things only that determine the size and cost of the prison system."

Dealing out longer sentences and putting more people behind bars have been the hallmarks of Southern states, he said.

America's record prison population has had a huge budgetary effect, according to the report, with increased corrections spending outstripping everything at the state level except for Medicaid.

Gelb said prison costs 22 times more than community-based corrections.

"If you talk to judges and prosecutors practically anywhere in this country, they will tell you if they had stronger community corrections, they wouldn't have to send so many people [to prison] for so many low-level offenses," he said.

For California, it has meant overcrowded prisons. In February, federal judges tentatively ruled that California must reduce the number of inmates in its prison system by up to 40 percent to stop a constitutional violation of prisoners' rights.

Implementing the court's ruling would result in up to 58,000 prisoners being released, said Matthew Cate, California's corrections and rehabilitation secretary, describing it as a threat to public safety.

The Pew Center on the States, through its Public Safety Performance Project, says it promotes "fiscally sound, data-driven policies and practices in sentencing and corrections that protect public safety, hold offenders accountable, and control corrections costs."

-t

ARealConservative
06-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Is there any other kind? ;)

yes.

slacker921
06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
dunno.. could be a joke... I get on hotair.com and post the most brainless screwed up neocon BS I can dream up as a joke and "people" there defend it right along with me. There are quite a few folks on those sites working hard to make neocons look like complete asses (and a LOT who really are).

Sandman33
06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul's What If ? Remastered (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqAF-Alc7CM)

Optatron
06-29-2009, 02:23 PM

Poe's law, it's virtually impossible to tell whether a person's actually that stupid.

swed
06-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Ive seen worse libertarian bashing on freerepublic

Freedom 4 all
06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I went to the "tank"; OP is defending it. He's serious.

plus he has 5000+ posts so all signs point to non-troll. It's possible that he's joking but I wouldn't put it past a Hannity fan to actually be that dumb.

heavenlyboy34
06-29-2009, 03:21 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul's What If ? Remastered (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqAF-Alc7CM)

That's a beautiful vid! :D:):cool:

Sandman33
06-29-2009, 03:29 PM
That's a beautiful vid! :D:):cool:

Thanks.

Yeah, It just makes TOO much sense doesn't it.

Kotin
06-29-2009, 03:34 PM
was that written by a pre-teen???

akihabro
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
The person who wrote this didn't even spend 2 seconds to think about anything valid. It was an attack and failed attempt to make some ideas ridiculous. I was going to counter these top 10 ideas but I'm sure everyone here would say the same thing.