Andrew76
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Amazing!!

LibertyEagle
06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Good for him.

zach
06-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd like to do the same, but the curing process seems a bit complex.

brandon
06-28-2009, 06:36 PM
How long will tobacco stay fresh for in storage?

idirtify
06-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Good for Don, but he better realize real soon that Siobhan DeLancey is full of shit. If the FDA tobacco bill gets passed (a near certainty), an FDA field agent will very likely tell him something very different; that he owes around $60,000 in inventory taxes on his ton of processed tobacco. See here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=195735&highlight=tobacco
Go to my post #6.

BTW, this is going to be the route FDA uses to get its foot in the door for taxing homegrown pot for personal use once it’s legal.

-----------------
Every American juror has a Constitutional right to acquit all defendants of “consensual crimes” based on nothing more than a disagreement with the law, no matter the evidence - despite the judge's false instructions to the contrary. There is no legal obligation to vote "guilty" to arrive at a unanimous verdict, but there are many good reasons to vote “not guilty”. So do your patriotic duty and preserve individual liberty at the same time by getting on a jury, standing your ground against intimidating judges and “bully jurors”, fulfilling the jury’s original purpose (to counteract big abusive government), and stop convicting non-violent people of non-crimes. IT ONLY TAKES ONE JUROR!
www.fija.org

idirtify
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd like to do the same, but the curing process seems a bit complex.

Yes, the curing process involves more than just barn drying. Unless it’s flue-cured, it includes stem-hanging in the sun and a high-temp alkaline fermentation.

-----------------
Every American juror has a Constitutional right to acquit all defendants of “consensual crimes” based on nothing more than a disagreement with the law, no matter the evidence - despite the judge's false instructions to the contrary. There is no legal obligation to vote "guilty" to arrive at a unanimous verdict, but there are many good reasons to vote “not guilty”. So do your patriotic duty and preserve individual liberty at the same time by getting on a jury, standing your ground against intimidating judges and “bully jurors”, fulfilling the jury’s original purpose (to counteract big abusive government), and stop convicting non-violent people of non-crimes. IT ONLY TAKES ONE JUROR!
www.fija.org

idirtify
06-28-2009, 08:58 PM
How long will tobacco stay fresh for in storage?

It stores better than most herbs. Bugs don’t like it. But like most herbs, make sure it’s very dry before you seal it away. The problem there is with crushing and then rehydrating for proper smoking moisture. If it’s stored with smoking moisture, it should be frozen.

-----------------
www.fija.org

Vessol
06-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Now watch as the government cracks down on growing your own personal tobacco as they can not regulate and control it. :\

CaseyJones
06-28-2009, 09:24 PM
:D WooHoo Grow Your Own!!!!

idirtify
06-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Now watch as the government cracks down on growing your own personal tobacco as they can not regulate and control it. :\

Yes they can and they just did. Read my post #7.

Razmear
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
. If it’s stored with smoking moisture, it should be frozen.

Never freeze rolling tobacco. It will turn to dust on you.

I buy 1 pound bags and they will stay fresh unopened for upto 6 months if stored in a cool dark place.
When i open a bag it goes into a "Clik-Clak" airtight storage container. A pound lasts me about a month, btw.

eb

zach
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Never freeze rolling tobacco. It will turn to dust on you.

I buy 1 pound bags and they will stay fresh unopened for upto 6 months if stored in a cool dark place.
When i open a bag it goes into a "Clik-Clak" airtight storage container. A pound lasts me about a month, btw.

eb

Do you think buying a pound of it is more cost-effective than buying packs every so often?

Razmear
06-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Do you think buying a pound of it is more cost-effective than buying packs every so often?

I pay $41 a pound from here:
http://www.smokersoutletonline.com/bulk-tobacco-c-21.html
I smoke "the Good Stuff" full flavor, and a pound lasts me about a month.
I order Zen tubes, 3 cartons of 250 for $2 each per pound.

Before the tax increase it was about $15/pound.

Yes, it's cheaper to buy in bulk.

eb