PDA

View Full Version : Sanford has lost my trust and respect

Matt Collins
06-28-2009, 08:42 AM
It's real simple; I'm holding him to the same standards that I held Clinton to:

If his own family cannot trust him, how are the voters supposed to? :confused:

Pod
06-28-2009, 09:06 AM
If he broke his marital vow then he is not a man of his word.

Matt Collins
06-28-2009, 09:12 AM
If he broke his marital vow then he is not a man of his word.
Exactly.

ClayTrainor
06-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I personally never trusted him. I'm glad this happened, so we don't end up supporting this clever neo-con in 2012.

klamath
06-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Him and Johnson are done. They have done good work but not fit for higher office.

HOLLYWOOD
06-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Sanford is OUT and guess who's IN?

And guess who was on NBC's MEET the MESS, uh I mean, MEET THE PRESS.

Mitt Romney and Lindsey Gramham... if you haven't watched the episode... try to, because NBC gives a list with pictures for 2012 GOP Presidential candidates.

GUESS Who's name and picture wasn't on the list?

TER
06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
It's real simple; I'm holding him to the same standards that I held Clinton to:

If his own family cannot trust him, how are the voters supposed to? :confused:

+1

qh4dotcom
06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I still trust his conservative fiscal record

klamath
06-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I still trust his conservative fiscal record

Unless he was using state money to support his affair which will shoot his whole fiscal conservatism record to hell.

qh4dotcom
06-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Unless he was using state money to support his affair which will shoot his whole fiscal conservatism record to hell.

A few thousand bucks that may have been wasted on the affair (which he is willing to reimburse anyway) is nothing compared to all the money that would have been wasted by a tax & spender had Sanford not become the governor.

Kludge
06-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Old news.

TastyWheat
06-28-2009, 10:34 AM
I don't think we'll have to make that call though. He probably won't have the balls to run for president.

constitutional
06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
I was very disappointed to see Sanford go down this way. He really did have the personality of being independent. He would ride to his capitol building all alone without letting his security detail know. He never thought himself as special. Of course, the affair leaves a bleak outlook on his future as a political candidate.

UnReconstructed
06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm sure he gives a shit

Matt Collins
06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Old news.Perhaps, but still relevant.

angelatc
06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
I personally never trusted him. I'm glad this happened, so we don't end up supporting this clever neo-con in 2012.

Cheating on the wife does not make him a neo-con.

Now i don't have anybody to support. Glad you're happy, though.

swed
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Romney is going to go for it.

angelatc
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Sanford is OUT and guess who's IN?

And guess who was on NBC's MEET the MESS, uh I mean, MEET THE PRESS.

Mitt Romney and Lindsey Gramham... if you haven't watched the episode... try to, because NBC gives a list with pictures for 2012 GOP Presidential candidates.

GUESS Who's name and picture wasn't on the list?

I saw part of it. Absolutely nauseating. I wondered if Graham is on the list of people who might have leaked the news of the affair.

GREGORY: Who are the leaders of this party [Republicans], and what are the issues that bring it back to power.

GRAHAM: [points at Romney] Well, he's one of the leaders.

ROMNEY: [points at Graham] He's the other one.

GRAHAM: I can be a leader on an issue, quite frankly. The Republican party now has an opportunity to get back in the game, and we appreciate the Democrats for making that possible.

Later:

GREGORY: [to Graham] Is Sarah Palin also a leader of this party?

GRAHAM: Absolutely. I think Huckabee, Palin, Mitt Romney, John McCain, because he's the most recognizable public figure as a Republican, 'cause he ran for President with a good approval rating. Congressional leaders.

A guy like me who'll try to find common ground on an issue like immigration.... we lost ground with Hispanic voters because of the way we behaved and things we said on immigration.

ClayTrainor
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Cheating on the wife does not make him a neo-con.

Never said it did, do you really think i'm that f'in stupid?

he was a neo-con long before that, and is still a neo-con to this day.

He supported McCain for crying out loud. Not enough? Want a recent example?
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/88995

Now i don't have anybody to support. Glad you're happy, though.

It's a little early to say that, and i'm not stupid enough to get duped into supporting a crafty neo-con.

I think Josh summed it quite nicely in another thread.

Sanford is a trojan horse.

Mark my words.

Freedom 4 all
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
A good liar does not a good leader make. I'm going to agree that if his own family can not trust him, I can not trust him.